Whoever doesn't want a QB at #3 is dillusional

We will not make the playoffs until we find our franchise QB. Its that simple. How many teams in the playoffs this year didnt have their franchise QB? Exactly, NONE! Sure, i would love to have Miller, or Dareus, Peterson, etc...., but they will NOT get us into the playoffs, and more importantly, win the championship. So we draft Miller, and next year we'll have 7 wins instead of 4, and w/o that QB, we will be stuck in mediocrity like the past 11 years! We must take a shot.

It's either Gabbert or Newton, that simple. I much rather prefer Newton, but he will most likely be gone to Carolina. If you want to build the defense, do it from rounds 2-7. The number 3 pick should be focused on getting the franchise QB we've been waiting for such a long time. Fitz is not a franchise QB, and for those who say he is, you are kidding yourself. Sure, i love his toughness, and competitiveness, but he will not get us where we want to be. Draft Gabbert or Newton, and build from there. We must take a shot this year.You Build defense all you want, you can have the best WR's in the league, the best RB, but w/o that franchise guy under centre, we will not hoist the super bowl. This pick is our chance, will we grasp it, or let it slip?

April 28 boys, mark it up!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a QB just for the sake of taking a QB, especially at 3rd overall, is not a smart move. This is an extremely important pick and I would want Nix and Chan to absolutely believe 100% that the QB they would pick at #3 is going to be a franchise guy. Otherwise, I'd rather them go with a different pick.

We will not make the playoffs until we find our franchise QB. Its that simple. How many teams in the playoffs this year didnt have their franchise QB? Exactly, NONE! Sure, i would love to have Miller, or Dareus, Peterson, etc...., but they will NOT get us into the playoffs, and more importantly, win the championship. So we draft Miller, and next year we'll have 7 wins instead of 4, and w/o that QB, we will be stuck in mediocrity like the past 11 years! We must take a shot.

It's either Gabbert or Newton, that simple. I much rather prefer Newton, but he will most likely be gone to Carolina. If you want to build the defense, do it from rounds 2-7. The number 3 pick should be focused on getting the franchise QB we've been waiting for such a long time. Fitz is not a franchise QB, and for those who say he is, you are kidding yourself. Sure, i love his toughness, and competitiveness, but he will not get us where we want to be. Draft Gabbert or Newton, and build from there. We must take a shot this year.You Build defense all you want, you can have the best WR's in the league, the best RB, but w/o that franchise guy under centre, we will not hoist the super bowl. This pick is our chance, will we grasp it, or let it slip?

Totally agree but much rather prefer the Gabbenator. If we draft D first we could toatally suck again and draft Luck next year :D

Those who think that taking a QB that high in the draft guarantees a path to turning the franchise around are delusional. It sets the team up for a 3 or 4 year experiment hoping that he will justify the pick. If he busts he drags the whole team down with him until he is replaced. If the Bills aren't convinced that there is a QB worth rolling the dice on, I say let Fitz have his year to see if he can take his game to a higher level. There is much less risk in that and the reward may prove to be as great.

Pretty much just a re-hash from posts I've seen on TBD the last 2 years or so.

Nothing is more embarrassing then not being able to stop the run. We are dead last at stopping the run. So lets draft a QB who will sit on their ass for the year or two and we can be last in the NFL again. Lets ignore front 7 help, especially when it is the deepest DL draft possibly ever. Lets ignore are defensive problems, and draft a QB(Newton will be a bust IMO), then we can set our selves up to draft Andrew Luck next year

Nothing is more embarrassing then not being able to stop the run. We are dead last at stopping the run. So lets draft a QB who will sit on their ass for the year or two and we can be last in the NFL again. Lets ignore front 7 help, especially when it is the deepest DL draft possibly ever. Lets ignore are defensive problems, and draft a QB(Newton will be a bust IMO), then we can set our selves up to draft Andrew Luck next year

You can draft your potential franchise QB at #3 and still address the defense in every round thereafter. Keep in mind, we did just draft Carrington, Troup, & Batten last year. There's a ton of d-line potential in this draft. Just because we draft a QB with our 1st pick does not mean we can't get defensive contributors in the latter rounds.

You can draft your potential franchise QB at #3 and still address the defense in every round thereafter. Keep in mind, we did just draft Carrington, Troup, & Batten last year. There's a ton of d-line potential in this draft. Just because we draft a QB with our 1st pick does not mean we can't get defensive contributors in the latter rounds.

Who is this franchise QB you speak of? Dareous and Miller are can't miss IMO as long as they stay healthy. I cannot say the same about any QB this draft. I am sick of whiffing on our first round picks. Seriously- have we gotten any right the past 15 years besides Nate Clements and Lee Evans?

Who is this franchise QB you speak of? Dareous and Miller are can't miss IMO as long as they stay healthy. I cannot say the same about any QB this draft. I am sick of whiffing on our first round picks. Seriously- have we gotten any right the past 15 years besides Nate Clements and Lee Evans?

I'm not saying that there is a definite franchise QB worthy of taking at #3. I'm saying that if Nix and Chan truly believe that there is, then there is nothing wrong with taking that player at 3 and addressing the defense after that. Finding a franchise QB trumps every other need. And when you have guys like Carrington and Troup continuing to develop, our defensive line isn't in that bad of shape. Our linebackers were the biggest problem, especially when we're trying to transition to a 3-4.

Eric Woods (our second 1st rounder from the 2009 draft)

Still not a good percentage of hits on our first rounders. Jeesh.

Taking a QB just for the sake of taking a QB, especially at 3rd overall, is not a smart move. This is an extremely important pick and I would want Nix and Chan to absolutely believe 100% that the QB they would pick at #3 is going to be a franchise guy. Otherwise, I'd rather them go with a different pick.

Yes

Taking the wrong QB at # 3 would set this team back even further, if that's even possible.

Trade down if possible, PLEASE.

And Evans wasn't exactly a top quality pick. Seriously.

Ralph would be better off just selling the 1st round pick every year, instead of paying some bust.

Don't you think he hasn't thought of that either.

:rolleyes:

Pick a QB and they will need a year or two to develop, if they don't bust. Meanwhile our defense will continue to be the worst in the NFL. Only a complete moron would ignore the defense on the Bills to roll the dice on two iffy QB's. There are QBs to draft every year. Andrew Luck will be available next year. Everyone gets "QB fever" every draft and 60-70% of the QB's hyped never amount to crap.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot