Aaron Maybin

Maybin doesn’t have the frame to add weight - note his 28" waist. He also seems to have the metabolism of 8 adolescent boys. Plus, his work outs seem to be more like a models than an athletes. There is a big difference.

Id rather have him cut.

Maybin doesn’t have the frame to add weight - note his 28" waist. He also seems to have the metabolism of 8 adolescent boys. Plus, his work outs seem to be more like a models than an athletes. There is a big difference.

Id rather have him cut.

WHAT!?!?!?! 28" Waist!?!!? I'm no doctor but with how tall he is and a waist that small how did anyone expect him to bulk up? Myself included.

Is it me or did Maybin look the biggest he's ever been between college and the pros during the combine? I would guess they test the hell out of these guys but I wonder if there is a loop hole in the middle when you are no longer a college athlete and not yet a pro. Could he have been using enhancers?

Edited by PDaDdy

PDaddy, I second that opinion. Maybin at least "looked" bigger earlier in his career.

He may be working out a ton, but he's certainly not packing on any additional muscle. It has to be the diet. Gym time isn't obviously lacking.

WHAT!?!?!?! 28" Waist!?!!? I'm no doctor but with how tall he is and a waist that small how did anyone expect him to bulk up? Myself included.

Is it me or did Maybin look the biggest he's ever been between college and the pros during the combine? I would guess they test the hell out of these guys but I wonder if there is a loop hole in the middle when you are no longer a college athlete and not yet a pro. Could he have been using enhancers?

there is a pretty significant gap between your last college test and first pro. even after the combine i dont think you are eligible to get tested for anything until after you sign. roughly the means from New years til August he was subject to one drug test at the combine and im not even 100% sure thats a PED test, or just a basic panel for illicit drugs. id assume it covers everything but im not claiming that knowledge

doesnt mean he was juicing but he bulked up real quick, and likewise it seemed to disappear pretty quick. it happens to a lot of prospects in the offseason/first season (get jacked in the gym in february and burn up a ton of mass during the season due to length and intensity), but his was fairly significant even considering that...

Now that their is no players union or CBA, the fact the players cannot be suspended or retro suspended for any personal conduct or substance abuse activity during this time. I wonder if this would make the players more likely (who want to gain or loss weight) to attempt to use these banned subtances? From what I understand the NFL can take no action towards anything a player does during a lockout. I don't know how that would playout if a players takes something now, the lockout ends in 3 months form now and the player has a postive test in say like september, and reports they took something during the lockout, so the conduct policy wouldn'y apply.

Now that their is no players union or CBA, the fact the players cannot be suspended or retro suspended for any personal conduct or substance abuse activity during this time. I wonder if this would make the players more likely (who want to gain or loss weight) to attempt to use these banned subtances? From what I understand the NFL can take no action towards anything a player does during a lockout. I don't know how that would playout if a players takes something now, the lockout ends in 3 months form now and the player has a postive test in say like september, and reports they took something during the lockout, so the conduct policy wouldn'y apply.

And somewhere ricky williams is smiling!

Any one can get bigger it just a matter eating more quality food and getting stronger. Whether or not Maybin has the dedication to his craft is the real question.

Very true. how the hell can u be rich like that, actually take the time to hit up the gym...... and than not eat enough quality food. how can u not take the signing bonus and pay a nutritionist. this makes no sense to me

unfortunately for this last half of that theory, the positive test is the offense, not the act of smoking/injecting/snorting/injesting anything that would show up on a drug test.

I was standing on the sidelines last year during warm ups for a game. Could not believe how thin Maybin looked in person. You guys are right, his waist and butt are so small, it's like a 14 yr old boy's. His muscles are even too bulging for his thin bones. It's bizarre.

With all that money he got one would think he would be able to hire a good weight trainer to help him with his work outs. Then he needs to hire a good nutritionist to help him with his diet. 17 million will buy him alot of protien/bulk shakes. I would love to have his problem, love to be told dude you gota eat more food. More calories, less reps, more weight on the bar, it shouldnt be that hard. Times a tickin Maybin, time to remove your head from your behind.

Yeah, that would make more sense. On an average how long would most of that stuff stay in a persons system?

it all varies by test type, and drug.... for PEDs i am pretty sure you can cycle through them pretty quickly and test clean relatively easily if you know what your windows are. i dont want to quote time periods but my impression is you could bulk up pretty well and test clean if you know you are clear til september. i believe its a conversation of weeks, not months to get everything squared away. problem is if the cba works itself out quicker then expected and you are in he early batches or random testing.

The 28 inch waist comment is a joke, right? That's classic chick measurements from the old days - 36-28-36. No one is stupid enough to draft a defensive end with a 28 inch waist.

Yea I have no idea what it really is, but I did hear a rumor once that he has a 30" waist. No idea if its true, but from the looks of him I would believe it.

O and I dont know how you like your women, but I believe its 36, 24, 36... But then again, if she aint 180 she aint a lady! :thumbsup:

Any one can get bigger it just a matter eating more quality food and getting stronger. Whether or not Maybin has the dedication to his craft is the real question.

Anyone CAN get bigger, but that is all relative. He can work out like a fiend and drink protein shakes and eat steaks all day.

If he doesn't have the frame to carry weight (girth) he won't get that much bigger. He will get bigger in relation to his

natural frame. It's becoming apparent he was never meant to be a bulky man. It doesn't mean he's not working out hard or

eating right. LOOK at the dude. He obviously works out. And I'm sure eats pretty well. How 'bout this reality? He just doesn't

have the frame to be 250 or more, consistently. Simple as that. He can get a nutritionist if he doesn't already have one and

they can feed him specialized diets, but unless they include growth hormones or other drugs it will only go so far. Is that

what you all would prefer?

If Maybin is just eating and working out naturally then his body will be what it was meant to be. He's probably as big as he

can get naturally. Don't forget part of his workouts, I'm sure, include heavy cardio activities which won't help keep weight on

either. He's a naturally "thin for the position he plays" guy. He was never meant to carry a lot of girth.

Edited by purple haze

This is a recent picture of Maybin at the gym. Look at his arms! Cut for sure, but he's never going to be big enough to play the postion of OLB. And to think he was a DE! Is it possible for him to put any more lb's on that frame? or is this the biggest he's gonna get?

http://yfrog.com/gym19aoj

No but I think Orakpo probably can. And Ngata says hi (he would like to slim down and play lighter but the team won't let him).

The 28 inch waist comment is a joke, right? That's classic chick measurements from the old days - 36-28-36. No one is stupid enough to draft a defensive end with a 28 inch waist.

look i'm not defending maybin however he is still very young. he would be a rookie this year had he stayed in collage.

harrison and mathews are in the mid 240 range dont tell me maybin cannot carry that weight. he is faster than the both of them i really dont know what the problem is other than to say he is still very young.

he shouls have stayed in school but DJ wanted a 220 LB sophmore de dont blame maybin blame DJ who drafts freaking juniors anyway crist they just got out of HS. WTF

look i'm not defending maybin however he is still very young. he would be a rookie this year had he stayed in collage.

harrison and mathews are in the mid 240 range dont tell me maybin cannot carry that weight. he is faster than the both of them i really dont know what the problem is other than to say he is still very young.

he shouls have stayed in school but DJ wanted a 220 LB sophmore de dont blame maybin blame DJ who drafts freaking juniors anyway crist they just got out of HS. WTF

His problem is he sucks at football.

problem was when he got up to that weight at the combine he was VERY slow.

This is all you need to know.

Other teams interested in Maybin had him as a 3rd rounder because his frame didn't lend itself to adding 20-30 pounds.

Link?

I'm calling bluff. How many NFL scouts/coaches/admins did you talk to that gave you that info? Probably none. How many teams link their scouting reports to the public? I haven't seen any. Have any kind of proof that most teams interested in him saw him as a 3rd rounder? I would think that most teams that were "interested" in him would have viewed him a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Didn't Jason Taylor look the same? To me Maybin's failure is not size related. It's the fact he seems to have no football instincts. He has exceptional striaght line speed but has no idea how to use it. He takes the wrong angle to ball carriers and has yet to develop the ability to change direction while pass rushing.

Common sense would say he is a bust at this point, but I worry that a better coaching staff would get more production out of him.

Didn't Jason Taylor look the same? To me Maybin's failure is not size related. It's the fact he seems to have no football instincts. He has exceptional striaght line speed but has no idea how to use it. He takes the wrong angle to ball carriers and has yet to develop the ability to change direction while pass rushing.

Common sense would say he is a bust at this point, but I worry that a better coaching staff would get more production out of him.

he doesnt even have exceptional straight line speed. at the combine he ran like a 4.8

Very true. how the hell can u be rich like that, actually take the time to hit up the gym...... and than not eat enough quality food. how can u not take the signing bonus and pay a nutritionist. this makes no sense to me

Doesn't know or realize his situation but he better or he will be out this year.

ave one and

they can feed him specialized diets, but unless they include growth hormones or other drugs it will only go so far. Is that

what you all would prefer?

Sure, why not :D

Don't give me that frame crap, I come from small people and when I stopped growing I weighed 140 lbs. Now at the extreme height of 5'7" I weigh 260 bench 485 and deadlift 705. I am a lot older now but I got up to 235 by the time I was 24. If he gets stronger he will get bigger, it's as simple as that.

I have been told by my !@#$, who has never told me anything that hasn't come to fruition, that they have and are trying everything, but Maybin can just not gain weight.

I really do think they should try him at TE.