IF Panthers take Newton...what do the Bills do?

TH3

Id be disappointed, but happy that I could safely wish Newton success in the NFC.

It depends on who goes #2. If Dareus is off the board, then it's a very tough decision.

I think I'd lean towards Quinn. But would be happy with Fairley. Might even stretch for Cam Jordan.

If it were to happen, a loud cheer would be emanating from the Bills warroom as they'd be guaranteed to have available to them at worst the 2nd best defensive player in the draft. (Of course, past Bills drafting history would lead me to believe they'd take the 202nd best defensive player in the draft with that pick, but on paper at least they'd have at worst the 2nd best guy and possibly the best one.)

Since i started this thread......

I used to be All Cam.....but not so sure any more.....

If Blaine Gabbert is the real thing - I would take him - if not all the better as we get a top D player

Either way it is probably good

Well, they could do a number of things if Newton is not there at #3. They could take Gabbert if he's available, or if he's not, they could always trade down

and pick up an extra draft pick or two. Or, they could just draft the best player on their board. It seems to be with just 2 players off the board when

Buddy Nix make his pick, it would be almost impossible to pick a "bust". Tom Donahoe would argue that point I'm sure as visions of Mike Williams continue to

dance in his head all these years later, after he drafted Williams with the 4th overall pick in the 2002 draft!

Here's my hope. That Modrak and his team of "needles in the haystack finders" scouts don't convince Nix to be "the smartest guy in the room" (pun intended),

and Nix ends up picking a player way off the radar at number 3. I just hope he drafts a kid we all have heard of and is one of the best players expecting to

be called early. I know even some of those guys don't make it. But the future Pro Bowlers for the most part are the players we've all heard hyped up before

the draft! And secondly, I hope Nix does draft a QB in the first 3 rounds, too.

If a QB goes first the Bills might be in a very good position to trade down- Cincinnati is probably going QB and there might be 4 or 5 teams who'd like to move ahead of them- who knows if the Bills phones started ringing Cincinnati might give up picks to move up one spot. Cincinnati's 1st and 2nd for our 1st and 4th and were are still sure the player we want is there.

throw a party and dance to the music. then stroll up to the podium and take marcel dareus or fairley. would be fine with bowers or miller too.

Couldn't sum it up better myself. There is no Franchise QB in this draft. No one worthy in the first round. I say get your Defense in order and try to go for Andrew Luck in 2012.

Is this a joke? Cam is about 12th on my "big board". Considering we have the #3 pick, he's never been a real option in the first place. Don't be fooled by the smokescreen...

Yeah because every NFL team just goes right down the FighClub's big board. You probably already know the draft order. :nana:

Edited by Why So Serious?

Yeah because every NFL team just goes right down the FighClub's big board. You probably already know the draft order. :nana:

Ha, would be easier on you later if you just go ahead and type "I've been fooled by the smokescreen" and be done with it

It would certainly put an end to all of the CAMpaigning...

Picture this there are 3 other CAM's

CAMeron Jordan

CAMeron Heyward

and

Jordan CAMeron.

I got money that Nix takes a Pic with one of those Cams on one of the draft days.

:nana:

Don't be too freaked out if the Bills take someone like Peterson at 3, but then get a good 5 technique player like Hayward from Ohio State in the 2nd.

Yup. That's why I wouldn't be that pissed off if they decide to pick something other than DL w/ their 1st pick considering the depth of the position. I could live w/ Peterson knowing that there will be a 1st rd talent that slips to us.

throw a party and dance to the music. then stroll up to the podium and take marcel dareus or fairley. would be fine with bowers or miller too.

I'd jump for joy also... I'd be fine with Peterson too.

Right now this team needs players with grit and determination, and not some self proclaimed icon -entertainer. who really knows what this kid is going to be like once he gets paid...

I'm hoping for defense with that first pick, and O line or Ponder-Locker with that second pick as the Bills need a developmental QB who can learn while the O line gets rebuilt.