Favorite "Other" Team

packfntk

So I started this topic over at my forum to drum up conversation and find out which teams are liked. I thought I would bring it here as well.

"We have done this before but it has been a while. I know that several of you will say PACKERS PACKERS PACKERS Number 1-32, but who do you have a soft spot for, or even root for when the Packers are not playing or when we are out of it? This could be teams you don't hate, or whatever.

I would have to say both the Bills and the Chiefs are teams that I like to see do well. The Bills because it is a small market team that plays in the cold. Their fans are also great and they have a tradition of winning. The Chiefs I have liked ever since I went there in 2007. Their fan base is passionate and they have a strong following. So those are the teams that I don't mind or even like to see do well when the Packers aren't playing them or have any implications around them. Thoughts?"

So I started this topic over at my forum to drum up conversation and find out which teams are liked. I thought I would bring it here as well.

"We have done this before but it has been a while. I know that several of you will say PACKERS PACKERS PACKERS Number 1-32, but who do you have a soft spot for, or even root for when the Packers are not playing or when we are out of it? This could be teams you don't hate, or whatever.

I would have to say both the Bills and the Chiefs are teams that I like to see do well. The Bills because it is a small market team that plays in the cold. Their fans are also great and they have a tradition of winning. The Chiefs I have liked ever since I went there in 2007. Their fan base is passionate and they have a strong following. So those are the teams that I don't mind or even like to see do well when the Packers aren't playing them or have any implications around them. Thoughts?"

I'm obviously a Bills fan, first and foremost. I enjoy the Packers on the side and I also have a soft spot for the Colts because I'm a big Peyton Manning fan.

yea -- youll get a similar bills bills bills reply here, anyone that is interested in another team is a traitor.

all that said, as the name implies, i have a real soft spot for the saints. living in new orleans the last several years, and seeing what they have done for this city, it would be hard not to root for them. they also seem like a lot of quality human beings. i mean, what can you really dislike about drew brees right now? plus they are just fun to watch (season ticket holder).... and being in the nfc, i dont have to worry about head to head very often.

In the past I would have said Bills only, but the past 11 years of complete and utter SUCK and horrible and constant ineptitude have FORCED me to follow another team at least part time so that I can actually enjoy professional football again, which I started doing this year.

That team is the Broncos, and the only reason is Tim Tebow. Say what you want about him, that he is going to suck or that he is going to be great, but either way he is such a fun player to watch, and a guy you can really root for. Those last few games he started were exciting as hell, I havent had that much fun watching a Bills game since the 20th century.

Used to like the Broncos, but after Shannahan left (note I say when, not because) they have just become a train wreck...and Josh McDaniel was very unlikeable for me...so now, I like the Packers and Bears in the NFC, and I don't mind the Chiefs.

Ha ha ha ha. :bag:

Used to like the Broncos, but after Shannahan left (note I say when, not because) they have just become a train wreck...and Josh McDaniel was very unlikeable for me...so now, I like the Packers and Bears in the NFC, and I don't mind the Chiefs.

COME ON MAN!!!!!!! :lol:

Ha ha ha ha. :bag:

Well the 90's were good...... :unsure:

In the past I would have said Bills only, but the past 11 years of complete and utter SUCK and horrible and constant ineptitude have FORCED me to follow another team at least part time so that I can actually enjoy professional football again, which I started doing this year.

That team is the Broncos, and the only reason is Tim Tebow. Say what you want about him, that he is going to suck or that he is going to be great, but either way he is such a fun player to watch, and a guy you can really root for. Those last few games he started were exciting as hell, I havent had that much fun watching a Bills game since the 20th century.

Living in Denver, allow me to recommend not rooting for the Broncos. They have the cheesiest fan base you've ever seen. Their tailgates are wine and cheese. They're fairweather fans. I hate them as much as the Patriots and the Jets. Probably more. I could write a book about it, but I'll digress. Ask any football fan with a solid fan base who's ever been to a Broncos game post-Mile High and they'll tell you the same thing. And my God, the incomplete chant? Are you aware that after the opposing QB throws an incomplete pass, the PA announcer prompts the entire crowd to chant "in-com-plete!" Which they do, even if they're losing 35-0. It's horrible.

My 2nd team is the Bucs. When I was a kid they were actually my favorite team until I was in high school, as I was obsessed w/ the orange jerseys. To this day, I think those and the early 90's Canucks are the two best uniforms ever. Canucks are actually still a close 2nd as my NHL team behind the Sabres. Bucs I don't really care about anymore since they went to the pewter, but if I had to pick one it would still be the Bucs.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

That team is the Broncos, and the only reason is Tim Tebow. Say what you want about him, that he is going to suck or that he is going to be great, but either way he is such a fun player to watch, and a guy you can really root for.

I beg to differ.

Tampa Bay

As of last year, I also followed and rooted for) Tampa Bay. Partially because of Buffalo native, Mike Williams and secondly because I collect Football cards and have alot of Josh Freeman Rookie cards. I usually get excited about a team because of fantasy foorball players that I may have on my teams. Since I never or ever will draft Tom Brady or any other Patriot player, I never have to worry about 'conflicting' interests.

Funny Story, I recently had a friend visiting from Istanbul, Turkey and he was overwhelmed on how every glass or Mug he drank out of had a BILLS logo afixed to it. He saw the logo on my clothes, my sons's pajamas, my trailer hitch on my truck and banners in my garage. Even he, as a fanatical soccer fan, couldn't get over my allegiance to 'my team' the Buffalo BILLS.

As a Native Rochesterian living in Redskin/Ravens territory (VA), the Buffalo Bills always come first, then come the G-Men.Or really anyone who can beat the Patsies, Cowboys or Redskins

Edited by TheBilz

Living in Denver, allow me to recommend not rooting for the Broncos. They have the cheesiest fan base you've ever seen. Their tailgates are wine and cheese. They're fairweather fans. I hate them as much as the Patriots and the Jets. Probably more. I could write a book about it, but I'll digress. Ask any football fan with a solid fan base who's ever been to a Broncos game post-Mile High and they'll tell you the same thing. And my God, the incomplete chant? Are you aware that after the opposing QB throws an incomplete pass, the PA announcer prompts the entire crowd to chant "in-com-plete!" Which they do, even if they're losing 35-0. It's horrible.

My 2nd team is the Bucs. When I was a kid they were actually my favorite team until I was in high school, as I was obsessed w/ the orange jerseys. To this day, I think those and the early 90's Canucks are the two best uniforms ever. Canucks are actually still a close 2nd as my NHL team behind the Sabres. Bucs I don't really care about anymore since they went to the pewter, but if I had to pick one it would still be the Bucs.

I may get killed for this, but John Elway, Roman Gabriel, and Brett Favre are my favorite non-Bills players of all time, I think. I always pulled for them, unless they were playing the Bills. All three of those guys, I would say, provided me with some of my best NFL memories over the last 40 years or so. Gabriel was awesome, becasue he had a cool name, and one of the biggest arms ever...

Whenever they played, I was always drawn to the games, because you never knew what they were going to come up with. I always pulled for Elway in the playoffs and Super Bowls...those two AFC Conference championships against the Browns were terrific games...and I always liked Dan Reeves...he seemed like one of the last of the old time football coaches...

Edited by Buftex

The St. Louis/Arizona Cardinals. Ironically, the team has a history with the area in PA where I grew up. Have always been interested in the team, going back to my teen years. Between the Cards and Bills, and a fan of the Pirates in baseball, nobody is ever going to accuse me of jumping on a bandwagon.

I live down the road from you Metz and I couldn't agree with you more! I can't stand the front-running, the fairwether, their Hall of Fame inferiority complex, the stupid incomplete chant, their myopic view of things... all of it. I honestly don't know who's run more QBs out of their respective towns Bills fans or Broncos fans. If the QB ain't #7, he ain't shat. I make the joke (I'm half serious) when Elway dies, they'll exhume his body on Sundays so they can prop it up on the horse and trot it out on the field. They just won't let it go.

Having said all that, I guess I would follow a team with a blue-collar fanbase like Cleve, Detroit or Chicago. Guess I'm a rust-belter through and through.

Edited by Bullpen

Tampa Bay. Started following them when they drafted a couple of FSU guys in Dunn and Brooks. Been following them ever since, and living in Tallahassee makes that easier as there's always Buccs news locally.

honestly, they are a fun team right now - young athletic qb, young athletic WRs, young athletic backs.... big plays, lots of excitement. as someone living in new orleans, i think they will make the nfc south a lot of fun with brees, ryan and freeman.... if the panthers chase cam and he pans out it could be a very entertaining division for 5-10 years.