Thank you

Ice bowl 67

Thanks Bills fans for your support in our championship run. You guys are awesome people. I am so jacked that we won the championship!!!!!!! It is a great feeling. I love this football team and I love our fanbase and people like you guys that have supported us every step of the way. Thanks again. Much love and respect for your team as well. From a Packer fan

Thanks Bills fans for your support in our championship run. You guys are awesome people. I am so jacked that we won the championship!!!!!!! It is a great feeling. I love this football team and I love our fanbase and people like you guys that have supported us every step of the way. Thanks again. Much love and respect for your team as well. From a Packer fan

Thanks for dropping in again Ice bowl, congrats on your team's win.

:thumbsup:

I just wanted to say thank you for being the best fans ever. We went to Bills-Packers this year and I felt like an idiot for going around telling everybody here in Denver that the Bills have the best fans. Don't get me wrong, I'm Bills for life, but at Rich Stadium there are 10,000 too many young punks who wouldn't be able to afford a ticket to any other stadium in the league with chinstrap beards, funneling beers, cranking R&B out of their parents' SUV, looking to fight anyone with an opposing jersey, who have never even heard of Kent Hull. If you have never been to Green Bay (or KC for that matter, whose fans are also vastly superior to ours), you cannot criticize this post. The fans there would literally come up to you and say, "Oh you guys are Bills fans? Welcome to Green Bay! Can we get you anything to eat? Make sure you check out the museum while you're in town. You should try and head into the game a little early, there's gonna be a flyover today. Well it was really nice meeting you guys, good luck today!" Really put things in perspective. I'd take Lambeau over Yankee Stadium X Fenway X Wrigley in a heartbeat. If you've never been, GO NOW, because no matter how much you think you "get" the Packers and their fans, you don't until you've been there. -Metz

I just wanted to say thank you for being the best fans ever. We went to Bills-Packers this year and I felt like an idiot for going around telling everybody here in Denver that the Bills have the best fans. Don't get me wrong, I'm Bills for life, but at Rich Stadium there are 10,000 too many young punks who wouldn't be able to afford a ticket to any other stadium in the league with chinstrap beards, funneling beers, cranking R&B out of their parents' SUV, looking to fight anyone with an opposing jersey, who have never even heard of Kent Hull. If you have never been to Green Bay (or KC for that matter, whose fans are also vastly superior to ours), you cannot criticize this post. The fans there would literally come up to you and say, "Oh you guys are Bills fans? Welcome to Green Bay! Can we get you anything to eat? Make sure you check out the museum while you're in town. You should try and head into the game a little early, there's gonna be a flyover today. Well it was really nice meeting you guys, good luck today!" Really put things in perspective. I'd take Lambeau over Yankee Stadium X Fenway X Wrigley in a heartbeat. If you've never been, GO NOW, because no matter how much you think you "get" the Packers and their fans, you don't until you've been there. -Metz

Agreed 100%.

I went to Lambeau back in 2002 when Bledsoe played Favre. My in-laws are from Green Bay, and he was able to get me great seats. Everyone around me was very knowledgeable and friendly. They asked questions about the Bills ("That was a great tackle by the CB, who is he?" or "That receiver has some moves, where'd you get him?"). I gave them friendly crap when Buffalo took the lead, and they returned the favor when the Packers took the lead and won, but it was all very friendly and good natured.

Unlike Vikings fans....

The Bills are my #1 team, but the Packers have been #2 since the mid-90s (granted a distant #2, but still. :) ). I even have a brick in front of Lambeau with my name on it -- mother-in-law bought one with my name, my brother-in-law's name, and my father-in-law's name on it during the Lambeau remodel. Kinda cool if you ask me. :)

That said, Bills fans are still top notch. My brother-in-law went to a game (Monday night against the Cowboys and he was very impressed. He said that in a lot of ways, the fans were better than Packers fans (probably due to the fact that we suck and yet still have heart). He treats the Bills as his #2, and he knows how I feel after that game.... He said the energy at the stadium was incredible.

I know this is slightly off topic, but when I attended the Houston Texans game where Losman hit Price in the end-zone to win, those fans were also very good to us, and even in the stands were the best I have been exposed to. It's one thing to love your team and support them with maniacal passion, and it's another to just take it too far and be a complete douche. It has sadly become the norm at the Ralph, and I really don't like what has become of my game day experience(At RWS). Here's my short list of places where the fans were complete A-Holes to us:

Tennessee

Chicago

Tampa

Cleveland

I know this is slightly off topic, but when I attended the Houston Texans game where Losman hit Price in the end-zone to win, those fans were also very good to us, and even in the stands were the best I have been exposed to. It's one thing to love your team and support them with maniacal passion, and it's another to just take it too far and be a complete douche. It has sadly become the norm at the Ralph, and I really don't like what has become of my game day experience(At RWS). Here's my short list of places where the fans were complete A-Holes to us:

Tennessee

Chicago

Tampa

Cleveland

I hate the Titans. They always have been douches to us as well.

Tennessee

Chicago

Tampa

Cleveland

Add Pittsburgh to this list, as a matter of fact, put them at the top of it.

Yeah yeah yeah, congrats Ice Bowl 67 and you're welcome.

However, the games over so I'm now back to hating the Cheese again. I cheered for them for 4 hours during the Super Bowl because the only team I hate worse than the Cheese is the Steelers. So, good job.

But that's it. I hope you go 0-16 next year.

Disclaimer: The word "hate" is used here only in a sportsfan way.

Tennessee

Chicago

Tampa

Cleveland

My wife, daughter, and I went to a game vs. the Texans in 2002..

This might be game you're thinking of. But it was Beldsoe who hit Price in the EZ for the game winning TD. The fans around us were A-holes. We were in full Bills regalia of course. The lady next to us was gloating it up on us big time while Texans were ahead. When we got the win she was really nasty. But she was the only A-hole we ran across. I guess there are some everywhere.

Tennessee

Chicago

Tampa

Cleveland

Awesome fans:

1. Green Bay

2. KC

3. Seattle

You're welcome for starting Trent Edwards against the Pack early in the season, turned out to be a huge win....

Edited by ricojes

Ditto on this. i went to the game in GB this year too and it was an awesome experience. The fans there were extremely hospitable. I would certainly go back (with my Packer friend) even to see a non-Bills game!

Plus one--I went to the game at GB this year as well and had a generally similar experience, except for the drunk Packers fan sitting next to me who gave me grief for the first half of the game, but was my buddy by the end of the game (after they'd kicked our behinds), even sharing his gin soaked cherries with me and giving me some Packers gear he had before he left. I must admit, however, that the Steeler fans in Pittsburgh a few years ago were great to my dad and I as well, despite what some others above have written.....

Ditto on this. i went to the game in GB this year too and it was an awesome experience. The fans there were extremely hospitable. I would certainly go back (with my Packer friend) even to see a non-Bills game!

I would too. I really wanted to go to the Packers-Vikings game this year just to see the reaction to Favre because he was such a controversial figure at Lambeau. Everybody had an opinion on him. Remember how loud it got when they showed the highlight of him getting picked in the endzone against the Dolphins? The place went nuts.

Second favorite team since I was youngin' going back to Dickey and Loften.

Congrats on the championship.

I'm a little annoyed that your President and CEO, Mark Murphy, doesn't get much press play around these parts seeing as he is a Clarence High School graduate, Class of 73...Go Red Devils!!

:D

Congrats Ice Bowl! Thank you for being supportive of the Bills this past season as well.

I agree with almost everything in your post but please try not too throw too many of the young guys in the same boat. I am 26 (a little older than you your probably referring to) but I consider myself to be a respectful and positive ambassador of Bills fan-hood. Let me also reach out and send congrats to Green Bay as well. I can't think of a fan base that deserved a championship more, although I wouldn't mind one of our own to celebrate. :thumbsup:

Plus one--I went to the game at GB this year as well and had a generally similar experience, except for the drunk Packers fan sitting next to me who gave me grief for the first half of the game, but was my buddy by the end of the game (after they'd kicked our behinds), even sharing his gin soaked cherries with me and giving me some Packers gear he had before he left. I must admit, however, that the Steeler fans in Pittsburgh a few years ago were great to my dad and I as well, despite what some others above have written.....

A lot of Steelers fans get a bad wrap because there are a lot of obnoxious ones out there. The same could be said of all fanbases though. Plus I think people just dislike the Terrible Towel and associate anyone waving it, with it lol.

No Ice Bowl - THANK YOU.

My company was bought by an Pittsburgh outfit, and I have had all I can stomach of the Penguins and the Steelers. I was bracing for another onslaught of emails with pictures of Ben Rapelisberger kissing the Lombardi trophy. We have a pool now to buy some Packer towels and a Wisconsin cheese platter to send out to our friends in PA.

Small-market team with the right attitude, drafting, and leadership. Are you taking any notes Nix?

Have always admired the Packers - had a Bart Starr action figure toy as a kid, and have Lombardi's inspirational pearls posted all around my work space. Nice to see a fellow ' small-market ' team continue to show the rest of the NFL what true fan-dom is.

Congrats to the Packers players, the entire organization, the City of Green Bay, and especially Packers fans!

Oh...and a special congrats to QB Graham Harrell, whom I predicted two years ago (with amazing prescience) would win a Superbowl ring one day! :thumbsup:

post-2970-084432800 1297473604_thumb.jpg

Packers were my team for SB 45. Seeing at least one game in Green Bay is on my bucket list..

Congrats Ice hopefully oneday we will see a Bills vs the Pack superbowl and you won't be feeling so damn good :devil: lol and see I told you, they'd get there back when we played them (even if I did think it would be the Ravens they'd play). You and your "oh no, were going to go 8 & 8" or "do you really think Rodgers is good enough?"

Edited by bowery4