Where were all the pats fans with almost 2 mins left to play?

Rayzer32

I thought the Pats had loyal fans? Today was just more proof how un-loyal Pats fans really are. The Pats still had a chance, albeit a small one up until about 24 seconds left. But after the second failed onsides kick, the stadium was all but empty. Just like the players on NE, the fans can't stand to lose and run away when they aren't winning. Kinda like the a-hole trolls I remember that used to frequent TBD, like Hollywood Donahoe, Dozer or IceColdBruschi (or whatever the hell his name was). Where did these gutless turds go??? I bet I know, the are all on the Bruins and Celtics jocks now since they are both leading their division. Same ole story in pathetic beantown.

I thought the Pats had loyal fans? Today was just more proof how un-loyal Pats fans really are. The Pats still had a chance, albeit a small one up until about 24 seconds left. But after the second failed onsides kick, the stadium was all but empty. Just like the players on NE, the fans can't stand to lose and run away when they aren't winning. Kinda like the a-hole trolls I remember that used to frequent TBD, like Hollywood Donahoe, Dozer or IceColdBruschi (or whatever the hell his name was). Where did these gutless turds go??? I bet I know, the are all on the Bruins and Celtics jocks now since they are both leading their division. Same ole story in pathetic beantown.

The Stadium was all but empty when the Jets were kicking off at 28-14. For a brief moment I though how fun it would be to have the Pats get the 2d onside kick and tie the game, just to see the shot of all the douchebags in the parking lot. But I decided it was more fun seeing douchbag Brady's sour puss as the time wound down.

Having watched the game here in new England I thought the same thing.

Smug Pats fans, probably left to file a grievance. Nobody sits in their seats at that stadium anyway, too many retail options, everyone is always up buying **** to eat or wear, watching the game on screens. Can't blame them the team is pretty boring to watch. Glad they are out. Now the meme can take root: they can't win the big games anymore. Can't get too excited for the Jets though, not as long as that dbag in the fireman's hat is still in the stands.

Brady is just like Marino was - all world until you knock him on his a** and rough him up. Then he's a puss. The fans are pathetic.

Yup. It's now 3 straight playoff losses for Brady in which he has been knocked around a little and basically fallen apart.

So much for that 'greatest QB ever' title.

Yup. It's now 3 straight playoff losses for Brady in which he has been knocked around a little and basically fallen apart.

So much for that 'greatest QB ever' title.

And there is no more hearing voices in his head telling him the defensive play calling. Can't win without help, no matter how crooked the game is.

When teams and their fans are used to success, they get spoiled and expect it all the time. I remember a playoff game in the dear old city of Buffalo in 1993 that failed to SELL OUT!!! :wallbash:

And with a few minutes gone in the 3rd quarter of that game fans started filing out, only to jump the fence to get back in when an epic turnaround started to take place.

I love the Bills, and I remember my best friend (a Pats* fan) gave me crap about that back then, how we were riding 2 straight SB appearances and going for a 3rd and couldn't sell the game out.

So before bashing, you've got to realize they're spoiled fans, just like we were. :oops:

I think they went to the connah spa ta get some jimmies to go ovah theah hoodsie cups before goin ta the mahkit to get b'dayduhs for dinnuh. On the way, they hit up the packie for some beahs.

spot on. my boss talks like that here in N.H and i have to axe him "what the hell is a b'daydah" they talk like they have a mouth full of marbles. i guess they forgot there is a letter "R" in the alphabet

When teams and their fans are used to success, they get spoiled and expect it all the time. I remember a playoff game in the dear old city of Buffalo in 1993 that failed to SELL OUT!!! :wallbash:

And with a few minutes gone in the 3rd quarter of that game fans started filing out, only to jump the fence to get back in when an epic turnaround started to take place.

I love the Bills, and I remember my best friend (a Pats* fan) gave me crap about that back then, how we were riding 2 straight SB appearances and going for a 3rd and couldn't sell the game out.

So before bashing, you've got to realize they're spoiled fans, just like we were. :oops:

Yeah... but.

There were mitigating circumstances with Jan 3, 1993. The previous week, in the season finale, Buffalo only had to win to earn their 5th straight ED title and draw a bye. Instead, Houston rolled us and hurt Kelly, Bennett and Thomas. Then, in the course of less than a week, a game few people thought would even happen had to played, 80K+ people had to by tickets to a game not even on the schedule to see the Bills play against the team that just crushed them one week earlier and knocked out our QB, best LB and severly hurt our great RB. Pretty sure 80K showed up, it just didn't sell our in time to lift the blackout. Super subs Reich & Davis served up a game for the ages.

This is not the same as Pats* fans bailing when the game wasn't completely lost yet.

BTW, today's Pats* fans were ALL NY Giant fans until NE traded Bledsoe to some obscure location..

Brady is just like Marino was - all world until you knock him on his a** and rough him up. Then he's a puss. The fans are pathetic.

What he said... perfect!

Honestly they have to leave that early just to be able to get on the one road out of town. Worst stadium location ever!

PTR

People who complain about stadium traffic should STAY HOME!

Can't get too excited for the Jets though, not as long as that dbag in the fireman's hat is still in the stands.

At least Fireman Ed goes to games...when was the last time you did.

I am a long term Bills fan but I have always appreciated the dedication of Fireman Ed. He is a great fan, travels to away games and leads one of the best cheers in the league. I have seen him sitting in the rain and cold no matter if the team is down by 25 or up by 25. He certainly rivals our own Pinto Kenny...and deserves respect. :worthy:

For some delicious schadenfreude check out What Happened? in the ESPN Boston site.

Scroll down a bit. It's a piece by the Cheatriots* beat reporters Mike Reiss and Jackie MacMullan. Ahhh. It warms the cockles of me heart.

Funny that Branch was ripping Jets players for allegedly talking smack and "acting classless"--wasn't he one of the guys jawing at the Jets' sideline yesterday during the game? What about Brady doing the same thing during the 45-3 game last month? What a bunch of sore losers.....

I am a long term Bills fan but I have always appreciated the dedication of Fireman Ed. He is a great fan, travels to away games and leads one of the best cheers in the league. I have seen him sitting in the rain and cold no matter if the team is down by 25 or up by 25. He certainly rivals our own Pinto Kenny...and deserves respect. :worthy:

I will take Pinto Kenny anyday over Fireman Ed. Kenny does home and away games, he just doesnt have cameras in his face the whole time. People I know who worked with Ed when he was on the job as a fireman say he was a douche before he became "fireman Ed" his schtick is getting a little old, but what the heck, they need to teach these fans how to spell, and Ed serves that purpose.....

Fireman Ed seems more like the Elvis guy at Bills games than Pinto Kenny. Kenny is known for his tailgate and his streak of games attended. Elvis and Fireman Ed are more like unofficial mascots who get shown on TV during home games for their respective teams. I haven't ever seen Kenny on TV in the stands during a game, and I doubt camera crews would know where to look for him.

As I recall, the stadium was quite full when the the Bills were down 35-3 in the third quarter.

I wasn't at the game so I didn't get to see it firsthand (being 15 at the time and living in Erie it was kinda hard) but all I remember hearing the announcers say late in the 3rd quarter was how security had given up trying to deny fans re-entry into the stadium and just opened the gates to let them back in. So from that standpoint it sounded like to me quite a few had left.

The only point I was trying to make was not that Bills fans back then were awful and unsupportive, just that after years of success fans get spoiled and forget how good they have it.

Yeah... but.

There were mitigating circumstances with Jan 3, 1993. The previous week, in the season finale, Buffalo only had to win to earn their 5th straight ED title and draw a bye. Instead, Houston rolled us and hurt Kelly, Bennett and Thomas. Then, in the course of less than a week, a game few people thought would even happen had to played, 80K+ people had to by tickets to a game not even on the schedule to see the Bills play against the team that just crushed them one week earlier and knocked out our QB, best LB and severly hurt our great RB. Pretty sure 80K showed up, it just didn't sell our in time to lift the blackout. Super subs Reich & Davis served up a game for the ages.

This is not the same as Pats* fans bailing when the game wasn't completely lost yet.

BTW, today's Pats* fans were ALL NY Giant fans until NE traded Bledsoe to some obscure location..

So the way you explain it makes it sound worse...the Bills got crushed in Houston the week before and we were missing key players with injuries, so the game didn't sell out because fans thought we were going to lose?

I know the stadium was bigger back then (with the Pontiac Silverdome I believe it was one of the top 2 in capacity) but nonetheless, it was an NFL playoff game and it didn't sell out, it just sounded awful to people who hated the Bills back then, I would be curious to know since then how many NFL playoff games have not sold out.

Just for comparison...the Steelers had no idea they would have a home playoff game this Sunday vs the Jets until about 7:30 last night, and I'm pretty sure that the stadium has no tickets available to the public as I write this. You have to go to stub hub and pay a fortune.

Edited by machinegun12

Remind me again how many SB wins they have, as opposed to our club?

Don't get me wrong, but until we actually MAKE the playoffs, do we really have the right to talk garbage?

It does kind of smack of loser bitterness cackling. Here we are, annual bottom feeders cheering the collapse of a fading champion. Something kind of nauseating when a "never was" giggles childishly in the background at a has been. At least they have somewhere to fall from.

People who complain about stadium traffic should STAY HOME!

I agree they should, but I'm guessing you've been to a game in Foxboro. Better allow 2-3 hours just to leave the stadium lots.

And no you can't wait it out with a second tailgate because the stadium nazi patrol pulls up in their golf carts and threaten to cancel your season tickets if you aren't in your car leaving within 30 minutes of the end of the game.

PTR

So the way you explain it makes it sound worse...the Bills got crushed in Houston the week before and we were missing key players with injuries, so the game didn't sell out because fans thought we were going to lose?

I know the stadium was bigger back then (with the Pontiac Silverdome I believe it was one of the top 2 in capacity) but nonetheless, it was an NFL playoff game and it didn't sell out, it just sounded awful to people who hated the Bills back then, I would be curious to know since then how many NFL playoff games have not sold out.

Just for comparison...the Steelers had no idea they would have a home playoff game this Sunday vs the Jets until about 7:30 last night, and I'm pretty sure that the stadium has no tickets available to the public as I write this. You have to go to stub hub and pay a fortune.

You nailed it. I remember those days pretty well and there definitely was a spoiled attitude among Bills fans. That loss to Houston and losing Kelly at QB were the reasons people stayed home. That and the sissies didn't want to sit in a cold stadium. I'm proud to be a Bills fan but I know we are no where near the best fans in the NFL. We weren't that great even we had a awesome team. We had trouble selling out playoff games after the first run. No excuses for that. Period.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Good Call!

Honestly they have to leave that early just to be able to get on the one road out of town. Worst stadium location ever!

PTR

Yeah, I lived in Boston for a few years, and it is a NIGHTMARE getting in and out of Fawxboragh. Personally, though, it's the playoffs, there's still a chance to win, I wouldn't be going ANYwhere. But, those front-running d-bags drained that stadium like a sewer. Good riddance, chowdah heads.

I think you're mistaken. If you go to Buffalo and ask around, you'll find roughly 2,000,000 fans that were at the WC game and stayed the entire time.

I think you're mistaken. If you go to Buffalo and ask around, you'll find roughly 2,000,000 fans that were at the WC game and stayed the entire time.

:lol:

I've still never heard anyone admit they left that game early and missed the comeback.