OK Newton. make me a believer!

TH3

Auburn has called a lot of audibles, no idea if that's Cam or the coach though (I never watch college ball).

Ok, that was a solid play.

It's the coaching staff newton looks to the sideline every play for the audible call. He is literally only a body out there. No thinking allowed for any players on aub's offense. I've never really seen something like this.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the coaching staff newton looks to the sideline every play for the audible call. He is literally only a body out there. No thinking allowed for any players on aub's offense. I've never really seen something like this.

Clemsons offense operated the same way when CJ was there

I'm gonna be honest. This game is boring the hell out of me. I'm not seeing anyone on this field worthy of a top 10 pick. This game is just plain sloppy. I know they have all had a month off, but still.

Newton is erratic at best.

Fairley looks about the same as the guy beside him

I don't know. I feel like i've enjoyed every other bowl game so far more than this one

I don't know about you guys but Newton didn't impress me at all...Fairly on the other hand..Can you imagine him next to Williams in our 4-3 set up..WOW

Exactly my thoughts. The big loser tonight was Cam Newton. His performance cost him a lot of money.

Then you havent watched much college football.

A lot of teams run this offense where they line up, then everyone looks to the sideline where the Coaches are reading the defense and sending in play signals. There are many teams using this technique, including Oregon. It's not necessarily an audible call, its the actual play call/reads.

Edited by DrDankenstein

How many full games have you seen him play?

I've seen a few. I'm not terribly impressed with how he projects as a pro.

He's plenty elusive, although he has only shown flashes in this game. He's extremely powerful, and I honestly think it will translate to the NFL in so far as at 6'6" 250 and country strong, he will be able to break tackles and fall forward. This is not just an option QB, he's a freak.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think he is anything close to a lock. I think he's a 50-50 prospect. If I were the Bills I would go defense and not him. So I'm not just a Newton bandwagoner. But what I do think is that he's a very accurate passer, with a cannon. He's nothing like Vince Young or Tebow because he's got NFL mechanics.

I also find it pretty funny that people seem to blame him for guys getting wide open. Yet everyone is all over Fairly for two stud plays where no one blocked him at all. Newton's thrown 10 excellent passes in the first half, including half a dozen downfield on ropes. Both TDs were excellent passes (with the second one being a great play to avoid an unblocked rusher, step aside and open effortlessly then locate and throw accurately off one leg.

He's 6'6" 250, runs a 4.5, has great balance, strength and escapability. Throws really well already on the run.

We just have no idea if he can read NFL defenses and make quick enough decisions under NFL pressure. And we won't know it for a few years.

I'm not seeing NFL mechanics. After witnessing Luck, the difference between him and Newton is night and day.

I see a huge Nike campaign with he and Bo Jackson. Something along the lines of his old "Bo knows" commercials.

First on Newton: I totally agree that he has talent but bottom line is an NFL QB Project. Could (big could) turn out to be a better version of Vince Young (stronger work ethic and leadership) but will take time and has a fairly sigificant bust factor.

Secondly, on Fairley: He is a certain top 5 pick and will be tough for everybody in the top 5 to pass on regardless of scheme. He could easily go #1 to Carolina.

On Commercials: I think Auburn is tied to Under Armour or Reebok (forget which from last night). I think a better Nike commerial would be....

queue scene of Le Bron doing some magic in a Heat uni (gag me).

splinced with alternating scenes with LeGrand kid from Rutgers doing rehab to overcome paralysis

and scenes of LeMichael James doing his and football thing and more of LeBron.

at the end something like

Just Do It... Le Nike

Of course it would have to wait until LeMike and LeGrand have amatuer status removed or send funds to paralysis reserach/recovery orgs. Paul Allen (Nike) already funds Oregon foot ball a lot, I believe. Would help LeBron restore his image if he gave up his cut.

Of course it would have to wait until LeMike and LeGrand have amatuer status removed or send funds to paralysis reserach/recovery orgs. Paul Allen (Nike) already funds Oregon foot ball a lot, I believe. Would help LeBron restore his image if he gave up his cut.

Paul Allen was an executive at Microsoft and is now the owner of the Seahawks and Portland Trialblazers. He is not affiliated with Nike.

Nike has put a lot of money and resources into Oregon (some of it, such as the new Nike emblazoned uniforms each week, are transparently self-serving), but Auburn actually had more than double the operating budget for their football team.

Yeah, you guys are thinking of Phil Knight. Founder of Nike and Oregon Alum.

He has pumps millions of dollars into Oregon's facilities and is probably the main reason behind their recent climb to the top over the past decade.

That's also why they always seem to have new uniforms that push the envelope. The Ducks serve as a R&D department for Nike.