If Cam Newton is there at 3

i will be devastated. Please people to not compare him to Jamarcus Russell they are completely different players. Every time this kid goes on the field he goes into legend mode. Watch him carefully; he is very accurate which is the most important skill to have as a QB . Also his ability to avoid pressure is a premium skill in the NFL. I know many will comment about him not being able to read defenses and that the spread offense doesnt translate to the NFL. But look at someone like Ben Roethlisburger. He doesnt read defenses like Brady or Manning. The thing that makes him such a great QB is his “escapability” in the pocket and keeping plays alive. Also by all accounts the kid is intelligent and extremely good kid.

Newton is exactly the type of player we need to change the culture of losing that has infected our Bills. I have a feeling he doesnt last till 3 after the combine and individual workouts. I know people will argue about him only producing one year at Auburn but look at his pedigree. The #1 high school player in the nation, the #1 Junior College player, and #1 College Football player in the nation. I know this team has a plethora of holes and Fitzpatrick is a good football player. But a transcendent player is needed to win a Super Bowl and this kid is that player. And if he gets taken at 2 that is fine those are just the breaks. But if he is there at 3 and we pass it will be gut wrenching and Bills fans will live to regret it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be devastated. Please people to not compare him to Jamarcus Russell they are completely different players. Every time this kid goes on the field he goes into legend mode. Watch him carefully; he is very accurate which is the most important skill to have as a QB . Also his ability to avoid pressure is a premium skill in the NFL. I know many will comment about him not being able to read defenses and that the spread offense doesnt translate to the NFL. But look at someone like Ben Roethlisburger. He doesnt read defenses like Brady or Manning. The thing that makes him such a great QB is his “escapability” in the pocket and keeping plays alive. Also by all accounts the kid is intelligent and extremely good kid.

Newton is exactly the type of player we need to change the culture of losing that has infected our Bills. I have a feeling he doesnt last till 3 after the combine and individual workouts. I know people will argue about him only producing one year at Auburn but look at his pedigree. The #1 high school player in the nation, the #1 Junior College player, and #1 College Football player in the nation. I know this team has a plethora of holes and Fitzpatrick is a good football player. But a transcendent player is needed to win a Super Bowl and this kid is that player. And if he gets taken at 2 that is fine those are just the breaks. But if he is there at 3 and we pass it will be gut wrenching and Bills fans will live to regret it.

Agreed!!!

The majority of the top QBs are in the Manning/Brady mold and Newton is not that. Newton is a risk but the upside is collosal.

I will leave that pick to the experts but I think Fairley is a beast on the DL and could see him contributing right away and being an impact player down the road.

I still think we have to go defensive front seven in the first round. The Bills have given up 200 yards rushing in what, about 8 games? That's horrific, a QB is not going to fix that. If Luck is not there, and he won't be, we have to go defense.

I'm thinking he's our pick. I'm not sure he'll play next year, but if he's there I think the Bills will take him. They will draft defense with the rest if the draft. I think they will add a TE through FA. I'm not advocating this, it's just what I think will happen

Did you mean if Cam Newton is there in Round 3???

No question at all he'll be there at #3 overall - if he even declares for this year's draft, that is.

(Regarding Luck, I guess we can start the " Let's lose every game in 2011' campaign so we can draft Andy Luck and win the Superbowl in 2013 " campaign now :rolleyes:)

Edited by The Senator

Dear Senator,

Please refrain from posting any type of QB based opinions of yours in the future. Your history here has shown you have very little insight or accuracy with your observations, which includes Graham Harrell as a 2nd round prospect, talkina as if Tebow was not going to go in the first round, claiming Cam Newton will fall to the 3rd round, and discussing Mallet as a 3rd overall prospect while discrediting any poster that thinks Luck may be available, when in reality Luck has 10x the reasons to declare and thus should be thought more likely to do so regardless of what has been reported before this season began.

Sincerely,

TSW Posters.

Dear Senator,

Please refrain from posting any type of QB based opinions of yours in the future. Your history here has shown you have very little insight or accuracy with your observations, which includes Graham Harrell as a 2nd round prospect, talkina as if Tebow was not going to go in the first round, claiming Cam Newton will fall to the 3rd round, and discussing Mallet as a 3rd overall prospect while discrediting any poster that thinks Luck may be available, when in reality Luck has 10x the reasons to declare and thus should be thought more likely to do so regardless of what has been reported before this season began.

Sincerely,

TSW Posters.

Wow! I'm outta breath just reading that 95 word sentence..

Anyway, Thoner7, following up the 'Season of Good Will toward Man', let's all refrain from personal attacks. You AREN'T speaking for 'TSW Posters', just yourself. No one is right all the time about prognosis. It's the basis of a team website to share opinions.

Wait until after the combine/workouts to make your final decision about Cam. The draft pundits and scouts will really dissect his game, and provide a more thorough evaluation of his NFL potential. What worries me about the kid (besides the character issues) is that he has never played in a pro-style offense. Athletic talent can only take a player so far....they need to have that "football IQ" that will allow them to adapt to the NFL (see Vince Young, Jason Campbell, Jamarcus Russell, and Dante Culpepper).

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

The Bills are multi-years away from being a seious team. Since that is the case if Luck is gone when our turn comes I would be in favor of taking Newton as our future franchise qb. There is no doubt that Luck is a more ready pro prospect than Newton. But that doesn't mean that Newton won't be a legitimate franchise qb, which we presently don't have on our roster. For those Fitz admirers please spare me with your raving responses. Fitz is a limited qb who is a good backup at best.

As good as I believe Luck is going to be Newton my be a better big play qb. He has a stronger arm and gives you an added feature in that he is more of a running threat. For all the Mallett devotees don't be surprised when he gets bypassed in the first round. I wouldn't be against taking him in the first round, but not in the first round-even if we trade down in that round.

if newton or luck is there at 3 take them. honestly you never know if luck could be there broncos got tebow so we are guarenteed (if we want one) one of the top qb prospects. we have a lot of options in april including are pick of fairly or bowers so this is all speculation right now but I just hope whoever it is makes an immediate impact because thats what we need no down the line bull **** we need a player who could put his pads on right away and go.

This is my delima when it comes to Cam Newton....I actually think he is going to be a good QB....but we already HAVE a servicable QB.

BUT....I think Bowers is off the board....and the guy I actually want in Darious I am not sure he is worth a 3rd overall pick

SO

My scenario in this situation is hoping some other team is so enamored with Cam Newton that they offer us the farm at 3 to get him....and we trade down and get Darius or Quinn

BUT

If that does not happen.....well...honestly I have no problem getting our future QB. I DO NOT want to get raped in a trade down. The amount gotten back in a trade down would have to equal the loss of a 3rd overall pick. Someone would basically have to trade us very good picks.

This is my delima when it comes to Cam Newton....I actually think he is going to be a good QB....but we already HAVE a servicable QB.

BUT....I think Bowers is off the board....and the guy I actually want in Darious I am not sure he is worth a 3rd overall pick

SO

My scenario in this situation is hoping some other team is so enamored with Cam Newton that they offer us the farm at 3 to get him....and we trade down and get Darius or Quinn

BUT

If that does not happen.....well...honestly I have no problem getting our future QB. I DO NOT want to get raped in a trade down. The amount gotten back in a trade down would have to equal the loss of a 3rd overall pick. Someone would basically have to trade us very good picks.

Does anyone really have any belief that the Bills will attempt to trade down, when they sent their picks up to the podium in record breaking time last year? :oops: Spiller and other early picks would have been there when the clock ticked down to zero, but Nix seemed to think he was competing with several other teams at the exact same time.

Bring on the Whaley era. The sooner the better.

Edited by LabattBlue

Does anyone really have any belief that the Bills will attempt to trade down, when they sent their picks up to the podium in record breaking time last year? :oops: Spiller and other early picks would have been there when the clock ticked down to zero, but Nix seemed to think he was competing with several other teams at the exact same time.

Bring on the Whaley era. The sooner the better.

It was Nix first draft.....I also would have like to attempt to aquire more picks.....he might do better this year