Thank you Mr Wilson

firstngoal

The epitomy of cheapness - Bills owner Ralph E. Wilson

It's pretty sad when a local restaurant owner has to come to the rescue to ensure Bills fans that they will be able to see the Bills game on the tube on Sunday.

Shame on you Ralph E. Wilson for not giving back to the fans that have loaded your pockets over the years. You have now earned the letter "E" as your middle initial. The "E" of course stands for Ebenizer.

It's pretty sad when a local restaurant owner has to come to the rescue to ensure Bills fans that they will be able to see the Bills game on the tube on Sunday.

Shame on you Ralph E. Wilson for not giving back to the fans that have loaded your pockets over the years. You have now earned the letter "E" as your middle initial. The "E" of course stands for Ebenizer.

Ralph has done it many times.

How do you know he wouldn't have?

Get over it. He's done it plenty of times in the past and he does it practically annually in the Pre-Season, which are a lot more tickets to buy up than a regular season game against the Pats.

Actually, he should buy 72,000 season tickets and give them all to charity!

This is really a poor reflection on us as fans, not Wilson's generosity. This is now our biggest division rival and we didn't sell out. I don't get it. (I guess it is the holidays and people are out of town...and maybe family should take priority at this time, so I do get it, but c'mon man!)

The game sold out in time because of the generosity of a local fan. Good for him and I hope his restaurant gets a ton of business.

Best holiday wishes to Ralph!

Merry Christmas everyone - except you finstngoal.

You can go !@#$ yourself.

This is really a poor reflection on us as fans, not Wilson's generosity. This is now our biggest division rival and we didn't sell out. I don't get it. (I guess it is the holidays and people are out of town...and maybe family should take priority at this time, so I do get it, but c'mon man!)

The game sold out in time because of the generosity of a local fan. Good for him and I hope his restaurant gets a ton of business.

Bingo......I was sitting here wondering how I would reply to the OP. You did it better and much kinder than I could have. Thanks.

He did just donate $1 Million to Kaleida Health for their adult day care program. But you're right, he owes something to you...

http://orchardpark.wgrz.com/content/ralph-c-wilson-jr-donates-1-million-kaleida-health

"The funding will be used to subsidize the cost of attendance and transportation to the adult day care program. It will also provide funding for programmatic activities and much needed capital purchases such as equipment and supplies. Kaleida Health operates two adult day care centers, in Amherst and North Tonawanda.

The Wilson’s donation will also assist Kaleida Health’s home care program, the Visiting Nursing Association. The donation will support the patient and caregiver in their home in a variety of ways including the purchasing of “mediplanners,” or medication management tools, personal emergency response systems, telehealth monitoring services, plus home safety and falls risk education and programming."

<edited for content> beerball

Edited by Beerball

I don't think it's a poor reflection at all. Just means that people aren't interested in the team to sell out a the home finale. I would bet Christmas has something to do with it, but come on, they're 4-10, have no marketable stars, and are about to go without a playoff appearance for 11 consecutive seasons. This is more a case of apathy than anything else.

Had Mr. Salvatore not purchased the tickets, this would have been the 4th blackout of the season out of 7 true home games. The fans are tired and disinterested because what they see on the field is mediocre.

As for the OP, RW is a businessman and he does not need to pay for those tickets, even though the team can buy them back for 34 cents on the dollar. No one should call RW a scrooge or evil for not ponying up all that money to buy those tickets and produce a televised game. OTOH, he must make this team better with financial support or risk losing more ST holders in 2011, provided there's a season.

I see the Christmas Idiot has made his yearly appearance again this year, dropping nuggets of stupidity in the stockings of Bills fans...

Stunningly ignorant.

I am not saying that this did happen or that it did not happen but it would be a bad precedent for an owner to bail out the ticket sales all the time. Anyone could have bought a ticket on line or through organizations for 20 bucks this past week.

Maybe a group sales person makes a call an offfers a local businessman tickets for half or 1/4 that price to buy them all.

so 7000 tickets for 5 dollars each is 35k. Maybe the business man offers 25k for the deal and gets great publicity as a result.

Not saying that happened just saying it could happen. The result is the game is on TV= big bucks for the team and league.

Merry Christmas everyone - except you finstngoal.

You can go !@#$ yourself.

+1

or should I say,

+51, for every season that Ralph "E." Wilson has allowed my family to cheer for Buffalo Bills football.

About four or five days later I got a call from Lamar, and he said, Ralph, we need an eighth franchise to balance out this new league. One from the east and one from the west. And I'll give you your choice of five different cities where you can place your franchise. And I picked Buffalo.

Ralph Wilson is a great and generous man. Ask Kevin Everett how he feels about the millions of dollars Ralph gave to spinal injury research. These people who whine about blackouts disgust me. They expect everything to be given to them. If Bills fans are so awesome then how about buying a ticket? And you wonder why L.A. is targeting the Bills. We look like we don't care.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Ralph Wilson is a great and generous man. Ask Kevin Everett how he feels about the millions of dollars Ralph gave to spinal injury research. These people who whine about blackouts disgust me. They expect everything to be given to them. If Bills fans are so awesome then how about buying a ticket? And you wonder why L.A. is targeting the Bills. We look like we don't care.

PTR

Guess you miss the irony of that statement.

And you wonder why L.A. is targeting the Bills. We look like we don't care.

Actually I don't think L.A. is targeting the Bills. At least I don't think we are a prime target. The great support of Buffalo fans has to be one of the reasons.

F as in FAIL.

I as in INGRATE.

R as in RECTUM.

S as in SORRY.

T as in TERRIBLE.

N as in NASTY.

G as in GHASTLY.

O as in OINK.

A as in A!@.

L as in LOBOTOMY.

'nuff said... E-B-E-N-E-Z-E-R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta love the moronic 'ralph is cheap fans'. its amazing they learned how to brush their teeth

yeah ralph is cheap. he owns a franchise in one of the most elite leagues in the world. he could take that team to fifty other cities who would throw money and stadiums and all the white women he could eat at him and what does he do? he doggedly keeps the team in buffalo

what a selfish jerk ralph is

he keeps ticket prices at the lowest level in the league. he has luxury boxes priced more cheaply that anywhere else. parking, concessions, happy ending massages by asian women, all cheaper than anywhere else just to accommodate the local fans

man what a total son of a B word

and now you want him to just buy up all the remaining tickets every game. yeah, the tickets that are the cheapest in the nfl, just buy them all up so that we dont have to. and if he does that all the time we wont ever buy tickets, so why not just buy them all every week and give them out for free

because hes a cheap bastard thats why

lololololol

on the other hand, we're zillions of dollars under the cap with some of the worst talent in the nfl. and we've let how many good guys walk in the past 10 years because ralph didn't want to pay the going rate? and i won't even bother bitching about the way he handles front office and coaching hires since everyone seems to think buddy and chan are the sons of god right now, but it's safe to assume it wasn't an accident we ended up with 2 guys no one else wanted.

yes he IS cheap when it comes to building a winner. thank goodness he's a charitable soul outside football. and no he shouldn't have to buy his own tickets.

I was born in 1960, the same year Ralph Wilson brought the Bills To Buffalo. I bristle a little when I hear people hurling insults at this fine man. Granted he has always run the team with the fiscal responsibility of that sometimes has the fans shaking their heads, IE head coaching hires, but would you rather have a Daniel Snydey or Jerry Jones as our owner? Do you think the fans of the Bills who play in the third poorest city in the country would be able to attend games if Jerry Jones ran this show? Don't forget this is a man who is a great benefactor of the arts, humanities, and medical research, (including millions of dollars donated to head injury research). Ask Kevin Everett if Mr Wilson is a miser!

God bless you Mr Wilson and Merry Christmas.

Edited by mrwilson60

What with the new interface and all, I almost forgot where the "ignore user" button is. I'm glad I found it.

on the other hand, we're zillions of dollars under the cap with some of the worst talent in the nfl. and we've let how many good guys walk in the past 10 years because ralph didn't want to pay the going rate? and i won't even bother bitching about the way he handles front office and coaching hires since everyone seems to think buddy and chan are the sons of god right now, but it's safe to assume it wasn't an accident we ended up with 2 guys no one else wanted.

yes he IS cheap when it comes to building a winner. thank goodness he's a charitable soul outside football. and no he shouldn't have to buy his own tickets.

How do you figure?

Ralph Wilson is a great and generous man. Ask Kevin Everett how he feels about the millions of dollars Ralph gave to spinal injury research. These people who whine about blackouts disgust me. They expect everything to be given to them. If Bills fans are so awesome then how about buying a ticket? . . . PTR

Agreed. Ralph has given much to both the communities of Buffalo and Rochester.

The O.P. looks like a troll-post.

I was born in 1960, the same year Ralph Wilson brought the Bills To Buffalo. I bristle a little when I hear people hurling insults at this fine man. Granted he has always run the team with the fiscal responsibility of that sometimes has the fans shaking their heads, IE head coaching hires, but would you rather have a Daniel Snydey or Jerry Jones as our owner? Do you the fans of the Bills who play in the third poorest city in the country would be able to attend games if Jerry Jones ran this show? Don't forget this is a man who is a great benefactor of the arts, humanities, and medical research, (including millions of dollars donated to head injury research). Ask Kevin Everett if Mr Wilson is a miser!

I was born in 1960, the same year Ralph Wilson brought the Bills To Buffalo. I bristle a little when I hear people hurling insults at this fine man. Granted he has always run the team with the fiscal responsibility of that sometimes has the fans shaking their heads, IE head coaching hires, but would you rather have a Daniel Snydey or Jerry Jones as our owner? Do you think the fans of the Bills who play in the third poorest city in the country would be able to attend games if Jerry Jones ran this show? Don't forget this is a man who is a great benefactor of the arts, humanities, and medical research, (including millions of dollars donated to head injury research). Ask Kevin Everett if Mr Wilson is a miser!

+1

It's hard to say nice things about the man after his behavior during the "Bills-in-Toronto" press conference a few years back. It was a total slap in the face to all the loyal fans of WNY.

Care to explain?

Bills have the cheapest ticket prices in the NFL.. How many season tickets do you own?? Ralph pays ALL the Bills, what do you pay for?

Wilson gets a bad rep - which is somewhat deserved - because he lets players like Jabri Greer walk over 1 million dollars over 5 years, which is a very small amount in NFL terms. The he goes out a throws 3x the money for Kelsay that he deserves. A real head scratcher.