T.O. lets the Bengals have it!

Buftex

Despite his productivity this year, it seems like Terrell is making himself all the more unattractive as a free agent in 2011, if there is indeed a 2011 season. I am not disagreeing with anything he says here (and he could have easily said most of this while in Buffalo, and few would have disagreed), but this is the kind of stuff that makes him venom for any team thinking signing free agent wide receiver help. He just can't stay out of his own way...

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/15/terrell-owens-puts-blame-on-coaches-owner-for-bengals-woes/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7C1%7Clink6%7C31131

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite his productivity this year, it seems like Terrell is making himself all the more unattractive as a free agent in 2011, if there is indeed a 2011 season. I am not disagreeing with anything he says here (and he could have easily said most of this while in Buffalo, and few would have disagreed), but this is the kind of stuff that makes him venom for any team thinking signing free agent wide receiver help. He just can't stay out of his own way...

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/15/terrell-owens-puts-blame-on-coaches-owner-for-bengals-woes/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7C1%7Clink6%7C31131

Yeah, I agree with you and i agree with him, but I don't think this is a disruption; how do you have a disruption on a 2-11 team that is going nowhere with 3 weeks left in the season.

it is ridiculous how bad they are. They won their freakin division last year and they are not only not going to win (obviously) this year, but they stand one Carolina win away from being the worst team in football. How does that happen with what they have?

Fitzy guided them better a couple of years ago then Palmer right now.

Despite his productivity this year, it seems like Terrell is making himself all the more unattractive as a free agent in 2011,

FALSHBACK to 2009

Despite his productivity this year, it seems like Terrell blah blah blah

Terrible Owens wants the spotlight. He doesn't care what rift he causes between the QB and the team. He's a CANCER!!!

Anyone who has been watching knows T.O. has been like that for 15 years now. He is a locker room venom, who has hurt more teams than he has helped. If he wasn't such a asswad, a reciever with his superior abilities, even still at his age, wouldn't have any trouble at all finding work, yet he has to almost promote himself to get one desperate team to sign him (Bills, Bengals, etc.). Any other receiver (besides maybe Moss), that has his abilities would be choosing from a group of teams to play for, but in his case his reputation precedes him.

He told the truth. How often over the years have the Bengals been underachieving? Mike Brown has been at the forefront. Marvin Lewis should be out. TO didn't say anything that incendiary. People on this board say similar about Mr. Wilson. Why can't an employee share that opinion? TO is producing at a high level. Palmer has gone belly-up the past couple years even though they made the playoffs last season. He is clearly not the QB he looked like he would be during his first couple seasons. That's not TO's fault or OchoCinco's fault. Bengals are a mess and have been for years.

Despite his productivity this year, it seems like Terrell is making himself all the more unattractive as a free agent in 2011,

FALSHBACK to 2009

Despite his productivity this year, it seems like Terrell blah blah blah

Terrible Owens wants the spotlight. He doesn't care what rift he causes between the QB and the team. He's a CANCER!!!

Anyone who has been watching knows T.O. has been like that for 15 years now. He is a locker room venom, who has hurt more teams than he has helped. If he wasn't such a asswad, a reciever with his superior abilities, even still at his age, wouldn't have any trouble at all finding work, yet he has to almost promote himself to get one desperate team to sign him (Bills, Bengals, etc.). Any other receiver (besides maybe Moss), that has his abilities would be choosing from a group of teams to play for, but in his case his reputation precedes him.

cancer? asswad?

the bungles had what the talking heads call a future hof qb going into this season. that hof qb is possibly having his worst season as a pro.

the bungles have a great wr team in owens and ocho. yet their offense can not put points on the board.

owens didnt have anything to say while in b-lo because there were little to no expectations for the bills. the bungles were expected to at least compete for a wildcard spot and never got anything going.

why is there a double standard when it comes to owens? while the bills have sucked over the last 10+ years there has been numorous posts on this board about who on the bills is going to step up, speak out, and be a LEADER. yet when owens does it he's an asswad and a cancer. i dont get it.........

Edited by loyal2dagame

I dont get it...how is this a distraction or as you put it..."T.O. lets the Bengals have it!"? He said nothing devastating in here, put the blame on everyone in the organization, including the players. And this team has been a grossly underachieving team many years under Marvin Lewis, so why shouldnt a lot of this fall on the shoulders of this coahcing staff?

Seriously, this is only news because T.O. said this. What gets old is media and fans always trying to make a big deal of everything this guy says. This isnt a locker room distraction, they have lost 10 in a row...that 10 game losing streak is the locker room distraction. I would bet that just about every player in that locker room feels exactly the same as T.O. and have no issue with anything he said.

This is not an example of him being a bad teammate and I would seriously doubt this comment itself hurts his chances of signing on somewhere next year. His age combined with his past may very well, but this comment not so much.

cancer? asswad?

the bungles had what the talking heads call a future hof qb going into this season. that hof qb is possibly having his worst season as a pro.

the bungles have a great wr team in owens and ocho. yet their offense can not put points on the board.

owens didnt have anything to say while in b-lo because there were little to no expectations for the bills. the bungles were expected to at least compete for a wildcard spot and never got anything going.

why is there a double standard when it comes to owens? while the bills have sucked over the last 10+ years there has been numorous posts on this board about who on the bills is going to step up, speak out, and be a LEADER. yet when owens does it he's an asswad and a cancer. i dont get it.........

Someone who is a LEADER as you said, and has a problem with a teammate(s), coaches, owners, whatever-addresses it in the lockerroom, not to the press or Twitter. That is just screaming for attention. I don't know anyone who said Palmer was a HOF QB going into this season, as most NFL fans, and especially Bungal fans will tell you he hasn't been the same since his knee injury 5 or so years ago. The Bungals don't have a great wide receiver duo, they have a wide receiver duo who think they are great-big difference. They are both more fixed on being celebs, reality stars, talk show host, and not concentrating on the sport they get paid millions to perform in. Those two are where the many Bengals problems start this year. Being a LEADER isn't someone who calls out his QB and says he is gay, or gets suspended for half a season for being detrimental to a team. On the bright side though, Fitz might be the only QB he has played with that he hasn't thrown under the bus, so he must be a LEADER. With a LEADER like that, I hope the hell there aren't too many followers.

I don't see anything wrong in what he said. Both him and Ochocinco are doing their jobs.

Agreed. T.O. is putting up awesome numbers on a crappy team. He even managed to have decent numbers with Trent effing Edwards. He's still got gas in the tank and his unemployment won't last long at all.

I dont get it...how is this a distraction or as you put it..."T.O. lets the Bengals have it!"? He said nothing devastating in here, put the blame on everyone in the organization, including the players. And this team has been a grossly underachieving team many years under Marvin Lewis, so why shouldnt a lot of this fall on the shoulders of this coahcing staff?

Seriously, this is only news because T.O. said this. What gets old is media and fans always trying to make a big deal of everything this guy says. This isnt a locker room distraction, they have lost 10 in a row...that 10 game losing streak is the locker room distraction. I would bet that just about every player in that locker room feels exactly the same as T.O. and have no issue with anything he said.

This is not an example of him being a bad teammate and I would seriously doubt this comment itself hurts his chances of signing on somewhere next year. His age combined with his past may very well, but this comment not so much.

Well, I never used the word "distraction", so I am not sure where you got that from. I also said, I didn't disagree with anything Owens said, and in fact, thought he would have been right to say the same thing while in Buffalo, about the Bills...but, you are really going out of your way to defend him here...I didn't say, either, that this made him a bad teammate...I only said, he would likely have trouble finding a job next season, despite his great numbers this year.

I promise you, if any NFL player, on any team, had come out and said that the reason his team is losing so badly, is because of the owner, and the coaches, it would make the sports news. It may get more attention coming from TO, than, say, George Wilson, because Owens has a history of these kind of statements...as much truth as there may be to them, most athletes don't make those kind of statements about the people paying him, the guys coaching them, or their teammates. When they do, it gets reported. It doesn't mean that many don't feel the same way.

In my understanding of the term, TO definitely let the Bengals (franchise) "have it"! If a guy works for 5 different companis in 10 years, and applies for another job, his perspective new employer is bound to wonder why he has had so many jobs in such a short period of time. If he says "because everyone, everywhere I have ever worked is incompetant, except for me", I bet he isn't going to get hired...all I was saying...his mouth, an inability to shut it, seem to be the thing that always holds him back. If he thinks his owner and coahes suck, and all his teammates agree...why be the one to feel the need to tell everyone? Let somebody else do that...it likely doesn't really need to be said, for anyone who follows the Bengals.

FWIW, I loved the way Owens was in Buffalo...and I wasn't one who wanted him here. It wasn't anything to do with his mouth, just that he seemed, to me, like buying a Sony Playstation 3 system, when you only have Atari games to play...it just seemed pointless...and, in the end, it didn't do anything to help the Bills in any significant way (other than getting Jauron canned, which I have no doubt they could have done without TO), and it just seemed kind of a silly waste of a season, for the Bills, and him.

Edited by Buftex

Yeah TO kinda screwed the pooch with this one. When he was here he was pretty quiet you could tell he was holding back on ripping the Bills and their coach. But to his credit TO did hold back when he was here. Then in Cincy he puts up really good numbers and all he had to do to play another season was just shut up and leave town.

I think that next year TO will be back with some low level team but his days of playing for a serious contender are over.