T.O. lets the Bengals have it!

Buftex

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5923115

Marvin Lewis apparently didn't think too much of TO speaking up.

Seems like (another) case of a headline not really matching the text of the article. While it is true that Lewis tries to minimize Owens comments, he then goes on to imply "there is a reason you couldn't get signed by anyone last year"...and some of Owens teammates, contrary to opinion of some of Owens' defenders here, don't sound all that happy about him speaking up...

Yeah, I agree with you and i agree with him, but I don't think this is a disruption; how do you have a disruption on a 2-11 team that is going nowhere with 3 weeks left in the season.

it is ridiculous how bad they are. They won their freakin division last year and they are not only not going to win (obviously) this year, but they stand one Carolina win away from being the worst team in football. How does that happen with what they have?

Fitzy guided them better a couple of years ago then Palmer right now.

Carson Palmer has really sucked this year, and it seems like a trend for him. A friend who is a Bengals fan swears that they will not draft a franchise QB this year, since they recently signed Palmer to a big new deal. GM/owner/whatever Mike Brown is a dirt cheap SOB apparently.

Bengals swept their division (Pitt, Balt, Cleve) last year, and then this year (after adding TE Gresham in the 1st, WR Jordan Shipley in 3rd?) they are in the dumper. Go figure.

cancer? asswad?

the bungles had what the talking heads call a future hof qb going into this season. that hof qb is possibly having his worst season as a pro.

the bungles have a great wr team in owens and ocho. yet their offense can not put points on the board.

owens didnt have anything to say while in b-lo because there were little to no expectations for the bills. the bungles were expected to at least compete for a wildcard spot and never got anything going.

why is there a double standard when it comes to owens? while the bills have sucked over the last 10+ years there has been numorous posts on this board about who on the bills is going to step up, speak out, and be a LEADER. yet when owens does it he's an asswad and a cancer. i dont get it.........

Produce a talking head who claims or claimed Palmer is a "future hall of famer".

Leaders don't tell outsiders that their team sucks. They lead.

Anyway, here's why TO is speaking out:

10 11/14 @ IND L 17-23 1 1 4 64 16.0 23 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

11 11/21 BUF L 31-49 1 1 3 63 21.0 48 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

12 11/25 @ NYJ L 10-26 1 1 3 17 5.7 8 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

13 12/05 NO L 30-34 1 0 6 47 7.8 20 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

14 12/12 @ PIT L 7-23 1 1 1 22 22.0 22 0

When his team was sucking to the tune of 2-6 we heard no such complaints form TO. He had 770 yards and 7 TDs and was having a "monster" season.

Now he has a grand total of 86 yards and 1 TD over the last 3 games (and only 213 over the last 5) and TO now alerts the nation that his team sucks (because the coaches suck--a new twist for TO).

Truth is, he wouldn't care if they were 0-13, as long as he got his.

It's all quite shocking.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Carson Palmer has really sucked this year, and it seems like a trend for him. A friend who is a Bengals fan swears that they will not draft a franchise QB this year, since they recently signed Palmer to a big new deal. GM/owner/whatever Mike Brown is a dirt cheap SOB apparently.

Bengals swept their division (Pitt, Balt, Cleve) last year, and then this year (after adding TE Gresham in the 1st, WR Jordan Shipley in 3rd?) they are in the dumper. Go figure.

Dennis, for the second time after coming off a division championship I was really high on this team. More so this time around as Palmer wasn't injured and they had T.O. I didn't think they would win it all, but maybe make the championship game.

Honestly, I look at them now and can't even believe it.

cancer? asswad?

the bungles had what the talking heads call a future hof qb going into this season. that hof qb is possibly having his worst season as a pro.

the bungles have a great wr team in owens and ocho. yet their offense can not put points on the board.

owens didnt have anything to say while in b-lo because there were little to no expectations for the bills. the bungles were expected to at least compete for a wildcard spot and never got anything going.

why is there a double standard when it comes to owens? while the bills have sucked over the last 10+ years there has been numorous posts on this board about who on the bills is going to step up, speak out, and be a LEADER. yet when owens does it he's an asswad and a cancer. i dont get it.........

Yes he's a cancer.

List ont team thta he has NOT caused problems on!

Terrible Owens is a azzclown. Does the know that there is no TO in team?

The Bills have sucked because we HAVE NOT HAD A GOOD OFFENSIVE LINE since Hull left!!!

If I were a GM, I would not sign either TO or Moss in the off season. Although they both have talent, they come with far too much baggage.

Agreed. There are too many young receivers out there itching to make a name for themselves. Look at Stevie Johnson and how he was buried on our depth chart a couple of seasons ago. These guys who are locker room cancers need to be gone. Yes they are both talented but someone else will come along.

Truth hurts. How Marvin Lewis has lasted this long in Cincinnati is beyond me.

I don't know how much Marvin Lewis is to blame, but I do know that there is a great number of similarities between the ownership in Cincinnati and Buffalo. Despite the BS, both have proven over the years that they really do no want to pay the bucks to have a winning team. Occasionally, both teams get lucky with players and coaches and have a run of respectability. But the big picture shows that they are more often uncompetitive losers.

"Birds of a feather," man, birds of a feather.

I don't know how much Marvin Lewis is to blame, but I do know that there is a great number of similarities between the ownership in Cincinnati and Buffalo. Despite the BS, both have proven over the years that they really do no want to pay the bucks to have a winning team. Occasionally, both teams get lucky with players and coaches and have a run of respectability. But the big picture shows that they are more often uncompetitive losers.

"Birds of a feather," man, birds of a feather.

Funny that TO didn't bash the Bills' owner/organization, even though he had multiple opportunities to do so after he left the Bills. He did criticize the coaching last year, which was truly horrible (as it is in Cincy), and took a swipe at Gailey for saying he was done, when that's clearly not the case (he's 6th in receptions and yards and 5th in TD's, despite Palmer's poor play). But that was about it.

Produce a talking head who claims or claimed Palmer is a "future hall of famer".

Leaders don't tell outsiders that their team sucks. They lead.

Anyway, here's why TO is speaking out:

10 11/14 @ IND L 17-23 1 1 4 64 16.0 23 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

11 11/21 BUF L 31-49 1 1 3 63 21.0 48 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

12 11/25 @ NYJ L 10-26 1 1 3 17 5.7 8 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

13 12/05 NO L 30-34 1 0 6 47 7.8 20 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

14 12/12 @ PIT L 7-23 1 1 1 22 22.0 22 0

When his team was sucking to the tune of 2-6 we heard no such complaints form TO. He had 770 yards and 7 TDs and was having a "monster" season.

Now he has a grand total of 86 yards and 1 TD over the last 3 games (and only 213 over the last 5) and TO now alerts the nation that his team sucks (because the coaches suck--a new twist for TO).

Truth is, he wouldn't care if they were 0-13, as long as he got his.

It's all quite shocking.

I might not have ever seen a more accurate post on TBD than your post, especially the line I bolded, certainly 100% accurate. There have never been a more "Me" player in the NFL than Owens. He was the same way in Buffalo, when he scored a touchdown on a rare occasion he was all

Despite his productivity this year, it seems like Terrell is making himself all the more unattractive as a free agent in 2011, if there is indeed a 2011 season. I am not disagreeing with anything he says here (and he could have easily said most of this while in Buffalo, and few would have disagreed), but this is the kind of stuff that makes him venom for any team thinking signing free agent wide receiver help. He just can't stay out of his own way...

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/15/terrell-owens-puts-blame-on-coaches-owner-for-bengals-woes/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7C1%7Clink6%7C31131

He said nothing controversial ... probably said things that needed to be said.

Yes, I'm sure TO was waiting for that 1 catch game to "destroy the team." Much like he went off on the Bills last year when his catch-streak ended...oh, wait a minute!

But hey, at least he didn't "throw his QB under the bus," even though he would have been justified (again) doing so. So there's that.

Yes, I'm sure TO was waiting for that 1 catch game to "destroy the team." Much like he went off on the Bills last year when his catch-streak ended...oh, wait a minute!

But hey, at least he didn't "throw his QB under the bus," even though he would have been justified (again) doing so. So there's that.

He didn't throw him under the bus as typically choses to (calling them gay or quitters), but he did say this:

If you kind of just think about opportunities that we’ve had during the course of the season, I’ve been open and I’ve been overthrown and I’ve been underthrown,” Owens told reporters today. “And those are some of those opportunities that were missed. Now, with Fitz back there, there are opportunities and I feel like I’m a part of the offense, whereas earlier those feelings and those opportunities, I didn’t feel that they were there.”

And I can't locate the part where someone said he is destroying Cincy. Kinda hard to destroy an awful team. As for the timing of TOs outburst, look at the numbers yourself. He wasn't worried when they were tanking along at 2-8. That was when he was "on pace" for 1400 yards, you recall.

If you can't see it, it's because you're not looking.

He didn't throw him under the bus as typically choses to (calling them gay or quitters), but he did say this:

And I can't locate the part where someone said he is destroying Cincy. Kinda hard to destroy an awful team. As for the timing of TOs outburst, look at the numbers yourself. He wasn't worried when they were tanking along at 2-8. That was when he was "on pace" for 1400 yards, you recall.

If you can't see it, it's because you're not looking.

Funny, TO's comments about being open but being under or overthrown by Edwards sound familiar. And I meant he didn't throw Palmer under the bus, even though he had good reason to do so.

BTW, he didn't call McNabb a quitter; he said his conditioning was poor. So too did Shanahan when he benched him in favor of Rex Grossman (LOL!) against the Lions, a move that now appears permanent.

Prior to the Steelers game, TO was on-pace for 1,281 yards and 12 TD's. Now he's on-pace for 1,209 and 11 TD's, which would still be the 2nd most yards and 4th most TD's he'll have had in the past 8 years. So you're saying the decrease in yards by 72 and TD's by 1 is the reason he went-off on the Bungles? Don't you think it's interesting that his WR friend/teammate who has been a lifelong Bengal, served-up that lob to him and even commiserated with him ("I'm kind of numb...")?

One of the funniest things about all the rants about TO being a cancer that divides a lockerroom are internally contradictory if EVERYONE hates you!

The only way to divide a locker room is if half of the folks hate you but also half love you.

By this I do not mean that half hate you and half think you are OK but are happy to abandon you when push comes to shove.

This is why a lot of the rants and the early press work on TO as a Bills were just plain wrong. It was virtually guaranteed that TO was going to be just about a modern citizen in his first year as a Bill because he had to build up his rep as a good teammate before he divided the locker room

The early press reports which described TO as being selfish because he had skipped the team's first voluntary training camp simply ignored the fact they were voluntary and the even bigger fact that TO missed the initial camp as he was in Philly to attend a long scheduled award ceremony that actually honored TO for his work supporting cancer victims.

It was no surprise to anyone with half a brain to see TO not only show up for every voluntary practice (unlike many other prima donnas) but TO was pretty much a model Bill in his first year. Everyone with even a quarter of a brain should have expected this even if they fully expected him to eventually become a cancer,

This tirade against Bengaldom is interesting mostly because it came in his first year, However, I think it is clear from his stats that he has proven to be a productive WR even at the end of his career.

From what I read rather than him throwing his teammates under the bus he actually threw the owner and the coaches under the bus. Rather than dividing the locker room I think it points to Marvin Lewis and perhaps the GM being dead men walking.

My guess us this will set up TO well as guaranteed heads are gonna roll and TO has established himself as a sign the team is moving beyond its losing ways if it gives him a big contract.

Looks like CO will be looking for a new team as well, the way he served up his team like that.

Ochostinko's tank has been empty ever since the bills cornerback knocked him out. We could trade him for Evans or Steve Smith (Carolina) and each team will get 2 to 4 catches a game. These guys are done. Lee keeps his mouth shut. TO has not been divisive this year or last. He did not knock teammate's, he accurately pointed out the flaws with team management. Again TO played hard and produced, which he has always done. I will take production and noise over a quiet guy that does not produce all day long.

Edited by jumbalaya

Funny, TO's comments about being open but being under or overthrown by Edwards sound familiar. And I meant he didn't throw Palmer under the bus, even though he had good reason to do so.

BTW, he didn't call McNabb a quitter; he said his conditioning was poor. So too did Shanahan when he benched him in favor of Rex Grossman (LOL!) against the Lions, a move that now appears permanent.

Prior to the Steelers game, TO was on-pace for 1,281 yards and 12 TD's. Now he's on-pace for 1,209 and 11 TD's, which would still be the 2nd most yards and 4th most TD's he'll have had in the past 8 years. So you're saying the decrease in yards by 72 and TD's by 1 is the reason he went-off on the Bungles? Don't you think it's interesting that his WR friend/teammate who has been a lifelong Bengal, served-up that lob to him and even commiserated with him ("I'm kind of numb...")?

TO has done nothing in the last 3 games. Or the past 5 really. You didn't consider that when you took his average per game for the season (heavily weighted by numbers he can't put up any more) and extrapolated. You're a bright guy so I will credit you for being disngenuous with you "only 72 yards less" claim. In order to get to 1209 this season, he will have to average 75 yards per game. He has had only one game over 70 yards in the last 7 games!

Look at his trend and you tell me why he chose to go off after that last game? He suddenly realized they were a 2 win team?

Anyway, it's going to be tough for him to get his 75 this weekend as he's laying the groundwork for "it's not TO's fault" with his "knee" injury rendering him "questionable" for Sunday. And OC is already headed "for xrays" to cover for another late season swan dive. MRI should soon follow.

One of the funniest things about all the rants about TO being a cancer that divides a lockerroom are internally contradictory if EVERYONE hates you!

The only way to divide a locker room is if half of the folks hate you but also half love you.

By this I do not mean that half hate you and half think you are OK but are happy to abandon you when push comes to shove.

This is why a lot of the rants and the early press work on TO as a Bills were just plain wrong. It was virtually guaranteed that TO was going to be just about a modern citizen in his first year as a Bill because he had to build up his rep as a good teammate before he divided the locker room

The early press reports which described TO as being selfish because he had skipped the team's first voluntary training camp simply ignored the fact they were voluntary and the even bigger fact that TO missed the initial camp as he was in Philly to attend a long scheduled award ceremony that actually honored TO for his work supporting cancer victims.

It was no surprise to anyone with half a brain to see TO not only show up for every voluntary practice (unlike many other prima donnas) but TO was pretty much a model Bill in his first year. Everyone with even a quarter of a brain should have expected this even if they fully expected him to eventually become a cancer,

This tirade against Bengaldom is interesting mostly because it came in his first year, However, I think it is clear from his stats that he has proven to be a productive WR even at the end of his career.

From what I read rather than him throwing his teammates under the bus he actually threw the owner and the coaches under the bus. Rather than dividing the locker room I think it points to Marvin Lewis and perhaps the GM being dead men walking.

My guess us this will set up TO well as guaranteed heads are gonna roll and TO has established himself as a sign the team is moving beyond its losing ways if it gives him a big contract.

Nobody has questioned TO's talent...but to say this wasn't devisive, because he criticized the owner and coaches (which I think you were saying), rather than teammates, isn't true...even if other players think its' true, it puts them in the uncomfortable position of having to take sides, either speak up for their teammate who has one foot out the door already, or the bosses, who pay them. From Tim Grahams article, posted above:

"Left tackle Andrew Whitworth was disappointed that Owens made the comments.

"As a team, you like to keep things in-house," Whitworth said. "You hate to have that rift. You want to be on the same page. You want to be together."

Even Ochosinco, isn't willing to "go there"...the notion that the Bengals will re-sign him, to show their commitment to turning their losing habits around is kind of silly...have you followed the Bengals over the last 40 years, at all? The owner isn't going to want to give a big paycheck to the guy who is telling everyone that he (the owner) sucks...I am sure that is not the first time Mike Brown has heard this...why would TO saying it make him re-act any differently?

Edited by Buftex