Poz is bad

Wooderson

I was at the Steelers game up in the nose-bleeds so somebody correct me if they saw something I didn't but...Poz is bad. Every single run play he was getting blown up, pushed backwards, turned around, or on the ground. Their offensive line was eating him alive and it was embarrassing. I was a Poz supporter for a few years because I think with the injuries he deserved another chance, but it's gotten to the point where I'm fed up with his play. We need linebackers, and we need them bad.

When he IS healthy he's always been like that EXCEPT for the last few games. I used to watch him like a hawk and B word to everyone about him when it wasn't popular to do so, but have noticed improvement. I've been focusing on D-line recently did not notice much of it last game but know exactly what you are referring to.

I agree he did looked horrible out there in the first half but was much better in the second half. I think Poz should stay, not just because i have his jersey, but because we need a MLB of the future and he has already had a good learning year with lots of vets around to help him learn it. I think Poz play depends a lot on the d-line push. If they could keep lineman off of him, he is as good as it gets a instincts and tackling are concerned.

I was at the Steelers game up in the nose-bleeds so somebody correct me if they saw something I didn't but...Poz is bad. Every single run play he was getting blown up, pushed backwards, turned around, or on the ground. Their offensive line was eating him alive and it was embarrassing. I was a Poz supporter for a few years because I think with the injuries he deserved another chance, but it's gotten to the point where I'm fed up with his play. We need linebackers, and we need them bad.

Must be the fact that you used to be a supporter but every time I have said he sucks people try to attack that saying he just needs a D line even with a good D Line he will still get blown off the line and make the worlds softest tackles.

Must be the fact that you used to be a supporter but every time I have said he sucks people try to attack that saying he just needs a D line even with a good D Line he will still get blown off the line and make the worlds softest tackles.

Just to throw in another view point. Poz has been playing well. Yesterday was not one of his better games, but if you were looking at replays and singling him out on live action plays, you should have also noticed he drew a lot of attention from the Steelers' lineman, etc. This says more about the weakness of our OLB's. and DL that are supposed to help keep them off the LB's, and actually gives Poz credit as being the guy they wanted to focus on. Hate to invoke some rational thought here during a rip fest. We do agree it wasn't one of his better games though.

I'm just saying......

Just to throw in another view point. Poz has been playing well. Yesterday was not one of his better games, but if you were looking at replays and singling him out on live action plays, you should have also noticed he drew a lot of attention from the Steelers' lineman, etc. This says more about the weakness of our OLB's. and DL that are supposed to help keep them off the LB's, and actually gives Poz credit as being the guy they wanted to focus on. Hate to invoke some rational thought here during a rip fest. We do agree it wasn't one of his better games though.

I'm just saying......

Did you see his coverage on the running back during a key 3rd and short? He is a liability more than a playmaker. His instincts are questionable also, can't recall when I saw him react versus immediately engaging in his block (which he can't get out of). Linebacking decisions have made this defensive line look even worse.

I blame the coach. Why was he in coverage against Calvin johnson again. He may make mistakes, but you cant blame it all on his inability to play football. Watch the video i posted he does make plays. He is the best LB we have and we dont need to add another hole in our defense.

I'm just saying......

+1

It is the responsibility of the D-line, particularly in the 3-4, to "hold up" blockers at the line of scrimmage so that the linebackers are able to flow freely to the ball. Our defensive line has not been holding up their end of the bargain, and therefore, these blockers are making it to the second level and destroying our linebackers. I would refer to Poz's play as inconsistent rather than poor, as I have seen him have a few solid games here and there. That being said...I also noticed that he looked lost out there yesterday. He always seemed to be just a second behind the play...slower reaction time I suppose. I agree that we really need to upgrade the linebacker position, but I don't necessarily agree that getting rid of Poz is the answer.

Puz is #8 in the league in tackles right now with 96 and he missed 2 games earlier in the year. He's not horrible by any means. Is he the white version of Patrick Willis? No, but he is a solid starter and I hope we keep him. Put more talent around him @ the LB positions and he would be even better. Like one poster previously noted, opposing OL's can key on him a little more because we have no threats off the edge.

Puz is #8 in the league in tackles right now with 96 and he missed 2 games earlier in the year. He's not horrible by any means. Is he the white version of Patrick Willis? No, but he is a solid starter and I hope we keep him. Put more talent around him @ the LB positions and he would be even better. Like one poster previously noted, opposing OL's can key on him a little more because we have no threats off the edge.

Unfortunately the majority of his tackles are 8 yards past the line of scrimmage. Dig a little deeper and see how many tackles you can find that were for no gain or a loss. I like Poz as a person but the harsh reality is that he's an average, perhaps below average LB. He's slow to react to the play and his horrendous in pass coverage.

Yes Poz does have a lot of OL getting to him at the second level but so does every linebacker in the NFL. The great ones still manage to disrupt the play. Some (gasp) even take on the OL then make the tackle.

There is one thing Poz has going for him that might keep him in Buffalo. The dude sells jersey's like crazy.

Tackles is the most worthless stat in the NFL. It does not take into account WHERE those tackles are being made. Poz makes every tackle 6 yards down field.

He's a bum.

Unfortunately the majority of his tackles are 8 yards past the line of scrimmage. Dig a little deeper and see how many tackles you can find that were for no gain or a loss. I like Poz as a person but the harsh reality is that he's an average, perhaps below average LB. He's slow to react to the play and his horrendous in pass coverage.

Yes Poz does have a lot of OL getting to him at the second level but so does every linebacker in the NFL. The great ones still manage to disrupt the play. Some (gasp) even take on the OL then make the tackle.

There is one thing Poz has going for him that might keep him in Buffalo. The dude sells jersey's like crazy.

+1 Poz is not able to shed blocks at all which makes him just average or below average a LB Good or even Great LB's can shed that blocker and make a play Poz gets engaged with the block and then makes the play 10 yards down field which is not what I would expect from a LB he is to small to be an ILB maybe we should try him at OLB and see if he can make some plays

Im trying to find the original thread, but the new search functions are killing me.

There was a thread a couple weeks back (after the KC game I believe) that had a clip from the NFL network going over our defense and showing that Poz has played very well, and is our only solid LB. They also go on to show Kelsay playing like he is completely lost.

Need to find that clip and post it here...

his partner, Ayodele (sp?) stinks too. They all seem to be out of position on run plays, getting eatin alive by blockers...take a look at the touchdown run by Mendenhall, you see what I'm talking about. I used to point the finger at the D-line, but our guys are consistently getting exposed and always seem to be a couple of steps behind.

still a top 10 tackler in the entire league this year regardless of downfield pursuit tackles..and he missed a few games... POZ is solid when he's used correctly

Again, tackles are the most useless and misleading stat in the NFL. The number of tackles a person has is meaningless. It's TFL and missed tackles that count.

Poz is an average LB at best. He can be replaced quite easily. The fact that he's the best LB on this team (which I'm not sure he is) isn't saying much considering the LBs are the worst unit on the team by a mile. This team has the worst LB corps in the NFL. And yes, Poz counts in that assessment.

Again, tackles are the most useless and misleading stat in the NFL. The number of tackles a person has is meaningless. It's TFL and missed tackles that count.

Poz is an average LB at best. He can be replaced quite easily. The fact that he's the best LB on this team (which I'm not sure he is) isn't saying much considering the LBs are the worst unit on the team by a mile. This team has the worst LB corps in the NFL. And yes, Poz counts in that assessment.

I get your point, and agree to an extent, but I wouldnt call the stat meaningless. Every game each team gains yards. And on every play someone has to make a tackle. It means that one way or another, he is able to get to the ball and make a play.

Now, could/should he have stopped the play a number of yards earlier? Maybe, but you cant say its his fault that the ball gets downfield on every play he makes. Chances are that a lot of times he's saving someone else's mistake.

Leading in tackles means that you are the guy making plays. It's good to have an ILB who can get to the ball.

Yeah, but now that the people already have them, how many more can he sell?

I think Pozis alright, but at his level of play,he should be the 4 fourth best linebacker on the team. In other words, the other 3 linebackers need to be better than poz. he just makes the cut.

+1

I believe that if an offer isn't extended to him it will be because Buddy and Chan feels that he can be replaced somewhat easily.

The fact of the matter is he can. I don't think Poz is starter material so if he wants serious starter bucks I would let him walk.

Lets face it he is more of a fan favorite than good football player. Poz is not a strong tackler and his instincts are questionable.

Sadly that is the persona the defense has taken. We need better talent at all of the LB positions including Poz's.

I agree... I cant realy recall any game changing tackle sack big hit interception in his career here in Buffalo..He makes tackles 5 and six yards downfield and rarely hits the rb in the hole..He has been all hype no action in my mind....

I get your point, and agree to an extent, but I wouldnt call the stat meaningless. Every game each team gains yards. And on every play someone has to make a tackle. It means that one way or another, he is able to get to the ball and make a play.

Now, could/should he have stopped the play a number of yards earlier? Maybe, but you cant say its his fault that the ball gets downfield on every play he makes. Chances are that a lot of times he's saving someone else's mistake.

Leading in tackles means that you are the guy making plays. It's good to have an ILB who can get to the ball.

+1

He's the guy making the plays. That can't be bad. Would you rather have a guy who makes no tackles playing ILB on defense? Seems crazy since the DL are supposed to be keeping players off of the ILBs so that they can make most of the tackles. Also, ILBs don't get many tackles for losses unless they are blitzing. That's a DL statistic.

+1

He's the guy making the plays. That can't be bad. Would you rather have a guy who makes no tackles playing ILB on defense? Seems crazy since the DL are supposed to be keeping players off of the ILBs so that they can make most of the tackles. Also, ILBs don't get many tackles for losses unless they are blitzing. That's a DL statistic.

Then they'd be bitchin' about Whitner making the tackles 10 yards downfield . . . <_<

I guess I have to bring this video back. He is a good player, but his surrounding cast just sucks besides Kylie williams

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81bdc2df/Playbook-How-Bills-can-get-first-win

I was a big Pos supporter (ie nobody around him) but he stunk out loud yesterday, maybe we can chalk it up to a bad game he's had good games too which we don't mention but yesterday I was really for the first time thinking wow this guy is small over pursues

I agree he did looked horrible out there in the first half but was much better in the second half. I think Poz should stay, not just because i have his jersey, but because we need a MLB of the future and he has already had a good learning year with lots of vets around to help him learn it. I think Poz play depends a lot on the d-line push. If they could keep lineman off of him, he is as good as it gets a instincts and tackling are concerned.

You are 100% correct Poz was eaten up by offensive lineman this week and that has not been happening the past few weeks. Most linebackers are great because they are free to move to the ball on most plays. It is compounded in this game because the Steelers are great at getting lineman to the 2nd level.

I guess I have to bring this video back. He is a good player, but his surrounding cast just sucks besides Kylie williams

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81bdc2df/Playbook-How-Bills-can-get-first-win

We need to upgrade the LB corps - no question. Average players get beter when they have good company . . .

What are you saying? :thumbdown:

I saw Poz last week at the Cheektowaga Sam's with a VERY nice looking girlfriend or wife...

What surprised me is that he isn't "football player" big... He's a big dude, but compared to other D players I've seen up close in the past he looks very small.

I saw Poz last week at the Cheektowaga Sam's with a VERY nice looking girlfriend or wife...

What surprised me is that he isn't "football player" big... He's a big dude, but compared to other D players I've seen up close in the past he looks very small.

He's not big and plays stiff. The blitz yesterday where he was basically unblocked and ran right past Roethlisberger illustrated all his shortcomings. Couldn't slow down and change directions.

Just curious, does anyone think that Poz is an upgrade over Fletcher or Spikes? I don't.

As to the issue of OL, Poz doesn't need to stand there and be a stationary target. If he had better anticipation he could blow up a play before the OL makes it to the second level.

He's a great guy and a solid person. That doesn't mean I want him as my middle LB.

Ask yourself this, how often does Poz make a play that changes a game? I can't remember the last big play he made not to mention the last time he blew up a play in the backfield.

How about the Polish version of Zack Thomas?