New Mock Draft

Astrobot

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if that ends up being the order than we end up with luck. carolina will take a tackle there at the top to go with their def first mentality. cincy also needs to beef up that line so they'll take an end or tackle.

Just because Carolina drafted Claussen doesn't mean they wouldn't take Luck.

It'll be interesting to see where we fall in the draft order. I also start to wonder if Buffalo would actually consider trading up to the #1 to get Luck...? I feel we have too many holes to do this, but then again, we'll have to see what's available in FA as well. If we can shore up the front 7 with FA's, I can see us going after Luck no matter where we're stitting on draft day.

IMO, Quinn does not seem like a Buddy Nix pick at all. He's had one productive year of football and being suspended this year doesn't help his cause. Not to mention that he'd have to convert to OLB in a 3-4.

Also, why are we drafting a 27 year old QB in the 3rd round? This guy will be pushing 30 by the time he's a productive NFL player, then it's time to draft another QB and groom him all over again.

IMO, Quinn does not seem like a Buddy Nix pick at all. He's had one productive year of football and being suspended this year doesn't help his cause. Not to mention that he'd have to convert to OLB in a 3-4.

Also, why are we drafting a 27 year old QB in the 3rd round? This guy will be pushing 30 by the time he's a productive NFL player, then it's time to draft another QB and groom him all over again.

Given Buddy's stated criteria, you're probably right. Quinn just doesn't seem like a Buddy Nix type draft pick. I think it will be so difficult, however, to pass on a player with such a combination of size and athleticism. Think Lamarr Woodley, but bigger, faster, and more athletic. Absolute freak. Scouts think that he could very easily make the transition to 3-4 OLB.

The first two picks made sense. The third pick of Brendon Weeden is perplexing. As another person stated he is a 27 yr old qb who won't see the field until he is near 30 yrs old. If the Bills drafted him I would be tempted to walk away in disgust.

Astrobot, your draftix postings are the most enjoyable category on this rancorous board. If Marv Levy, during his stint, would have relied on your postings to make his draft picks this team would be so much more advanced. :thumbsup:

Edited by JohnC

The first two picks made sense. The third pick of Brendon Weeden is perplexing. As another person stated he is a 27 yr old qb who won't see the field until he is near 30 yrs old. If the Bills drafted him I would be tempted to walk away in disgust.

Astrobot, your draftix postings are the most enjoyable category on this rancorous board. If Marv Levy, during his stint, would have relied on your postings to make his draft picks this team would be so much more advanced. :thumbsup:

welp, i was going to reply, but this last post said exactly what i was going to type.

love the first two picks, hate the 3rd (would rather take the TE or a D player).

and Astro, your draft posts are one of the few things i look forward to seeing on a regular basis. Thanks!!

+1 Quinn is a scary proposition.

He has played as much football as the posters on this board the 2 months.

Drafting him 3rd is super risky.

The Bills don't need another whiff in the first round.

STAY AWAY FROM QUINN if you want to win.

I also think about 20 other teams will also pass on him, he has a tiny resume and a huge off the field issues.

A team like Tennessee that has a HC that is in Control and has respect in the locker room (what other HC can basically kick a Franchise QB off the team and the team get his back.)

and take a risk on a boom or bust player like Quinn.

He may be a pro bowler or he may be a huge bust.

In this situation I'd take Mallet and let him learn for a year like Philip Rivers.

#2 If Love is there in the second that would be amazing and yes, wow you'd get to see Bell and Love battle out for LT and worse case either one should be a good RT.

Immediate upgrade that can give the Bills a Better chance at winning. I actually think Love is going to go 15-25. This is a weak Tackle draft and teams are going to reach for Tackle help that goes Carimi too. If Love or Carimi aren't there I like Martez Wilson, kid works hard on a bad team.

#3 In this draft Weeden would be a horrible pick! I would throw stuff at the TV if that happened. Weeden is not an upgrade over Brohm or Fitzy, NO NO NO NO!!!

Dontay Moch! all the way.

In this draft I would take Mason Foster though, I doubt he falls to the 3rd but if he did that would be the pick, Moch would add pass rusher and Foster is a natural born leader and tackling machine. You won't see Foster being dragged down the field for an extra 3 yards, he will put RBs and TEs on their behinds.

My draft would be

#3 Ryan Mallet

#35 Martez Wilson OLB

#67 Mason Foster OLB

"QB of the future" + Sacks Sacks and more Sacks!!!

You can pick up a RT in round 4.