Donald Jones

cantankerous

Watching him block the past few weeks...he's awesome for a WR. He sustains his blocks and actually drives opponents backwards. I'm glad he's getting playing time because he has totally earned it. That touchdown he had on Sunday was awesome, he was determined to find the end zone and he did. He can run reverses, double reverses, return kickoffs, and like I said his blocking ability has been great. He also made a really great grab near the sideline where he went up high to make the grab and took a big hit as well.

Kudos to you, Donald Jones.

Watching him block the past few weeks...he's awesome for a WR. He sustains his blocks and actually drives opponents backwards. I'm glad he's getting playing time because he has totally earned it. That touchdown he had on Sunday was awesome, he was determined to find the end zone and he did. He can run reverses, double reverses, return kickoffs, and like I said his blocking ability has been great. He also made a really great grab near the sideline where he went up high to make the grab and took a big hit as well.

Love the kid, Canty.

Loved him even in preseason.

however, I do miss Parrish with his speed and third down presence. :cry:

I'm also lovin' me some Donald Jones right now. The guy's a gamer. Contributes on offense, contributes on special teams, and appears to have loads of potential. Entering the season, who would have imagined that our greatest team strength would be wide receiver?? With Easley coming back next season, we are going to have incredible depth at this position.

This brings me to and interesting point, but first, please allow me to preface this comment. I am DEFINITELY not advocating for the team to attempt to trade Lee Evans during the offseason. I am curious, however, what will happen if Chan and Buddy get some inquiries from other teams regarding Evans' availability. I am wondering the same thing about our depth in the secondary, and the potential expendability of Terrence McGee.

Hmmmmm.....

Lets add Jones to the list of receivers on the roster who make a larger impact than Lee Evans.

And don't give me that he takes away the coverage from the other receivers junk--I believe that if defenses begin to roll coverage towards Stevie Johnson more often, Johnson will still end up with more catches in a game than Evans.

Like Gailey said, Johnson has the ability to find a way to get open--its time for Evans to show us a little bit of that, IMO.

Evans should be flourishing in Chan Gailey's offensive system just like every other receiver on the roster is flourishing.

I'm not suggesting the Bills get rid of Evans, I just want to see him produce at the level he should be.

The Bills thought he was one of the three best blocking WR's in the draft. (speaking of his blocking ability)

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Donald-Jones-rookie-balancing-act/ba45b1a9-6e95-4422-8af4-a76b9fb9834f

Yep, along with Easley, who they drafted, and DeMaryius Thomas, who I'm hearing is really the guy the Bills were attempting to trade back into the 1st round for, not Tebow or Bulaga. And he was taken 22nd (Bulaga was 23rd and Tebow 24th). It makes sense, considering what the Bills said about Tebow and given the facts that Thomas is from Georgia Tech and the Bills had a need at WR. Looking back, it worked out better not getting him.

I was not a fan of Jones making the roster over Chad Jackson at the start of the season, but his play continues to prove me wrong. I like what he does on the field when he's given an opportunity. He seems to be making the most of it.

Bills had Marcus Easley, Donald Jones and Demairyus Thomas as the 3 best run blocking Wrs in the draft...they got 2 of the 3 on their team...

He also lays people out on special teams..

I rewatched the game, Coleman was virtually on every single ST tackle, I was impressed. Corto, Jones and McIntyre are great on STs.

I remember back in pre-season games, Jones, Roosvelt and Nelson were big contributors for Joique Bell's numbers. You could see the guy's hunger over Chad Jackson or James Hardy. Hard work pays off with this coaching staff.

2nd round pick 2008 - Two years - Ten Receptions - Two Touchdowns - Currently a free agent.

Another front office phuk-up :wallbash:

Got me thinking on that one.

I don't know what Hardy's salary was, but as a high 2nd rounder, I gotta think at least 3 million each year, right?

10 receptions at that salary comes out to $600,000 per catch.

So, for the average shmoe making $50k per year, it would take him 12 years to equal the earnings from a single James Hardy reception. That's 12 years of stress from a-hole clients, a-hole co-workers, a-hole bosses, thousands of semi coherent emails, half of which are nothing more than cya CC emails, BS phone calls, traffic jams, crappy hotels, diversity seminars, etc. 12 friggin years of those headaches for the same $$ Hardy earned from catching a single pass.

There is no god.

Lets add Jones to the list of receivers on the roster who make a larger impact than Lee Evans.

And don't give me that he takes away the coverage from the other receivers junk--I believe that if defenses begin to roll coverage towards Stevie Johnson more often, Johnson will still end up with more catches in a game than Evans.

Like Gailey said, Johnson has the ability to find a way to get open--its time for Evans to show us a little bit of that, IMO.

Evans should be flourishing in Chan Gailey's offensive system just like every other receiver on the roster is flourishing.

I'm not suggesting the Bills get rid of Evans, I just want to see him produce at the level he should be.

You're saying Lee Evans doesn't get open and everyone else does? Don't get carried away. If a team is playing man coverage on us, he still is the best option. He's not as strong at YAC but as far as getting separation and making the catch he's still one of the best in the league. I love the new guys too, but Lee is still the king in my book.

I don't know what Hardy's salary was, but as a high 2nd rounder, I gotta think at least 3 million each year, right?

So, for the average shmoe making $50k per year, it would take him 12 years to equal the earnings from a single James Hardy reception. That's 12 years of stress from a-hole clients, a-hole co-workers, a-hole bosses, thousands of semi coherent emails, half of which are nothing more than cya CC emails, BS phone calls, traffic jams, crappy hotels, diversity seminars, etc. 12 friggin years of those headaches for the same $ Hardy earned from catching a single pass.

There is no god.

A guy in the second round like Hardy makes a little over 1 million a year. I think the guy that was #41 like Hardy was the next year signed a 4 year deal worth 4.13 mil.

But all draft picks are a crap shoot. We're unlucky (or terrible) for picking Hardy in the 2nd round but we're super lucky (or geniuses) for picking Johnson in the 7th the same year. Overall, to get a guy producing at the level SJ is now we did great in that draft at WR. One strike out, one homerun.

A guy in the second round like Hardy makes a little over 1 million a year. I think the guy that was #41 like Hardy was the next year signed a 4 year deal worth 4.13 mil.

But all draft picks are a crap shoot. We're unlucky (or terrible) for picking Hardy in the 2nd round but we're super lucky (or geniuses) for picking Johnson in the 7th the same year. Overall, to get a guy producing at the level SJ is now we did great in that draft at WR. One strike out, one homerun.

TMQ (who I rarely read any more) wrote an article this week about how with WRs, success is all about effort and dedication - more so than with other positions. I think he may be right about that. Hardy had all of the measurables and did have a productive college career (esp. his last season). I don't fault the Bills for drafting him. His failure to develop seems to be squarely his own fault - lack of effort in the film room and failure to study the playbook and learn all of the route trees. It's a shame because there is no reason why he couldn't be successful in this League. Perhaps like Mike Williams he re-dedicates himself to the craft and makes a comeback.

TMQ (who I rarely read any more) wrote an article this week about how with WRs, success is all about effort and dedication - more so than with other positions. I think he may be right about that. Hardy had all of the measurables and did have a productive college career (esp. his last season). I don't fault the Bills for drafting him. His failure to develop seems to be squarely his own fault - lack of effort in the film room and failure to study the playbook and learn all of the route trees. It's a shame because there is no reason why he couldn't be successful in this League. Perhaps like Mike Williams he re-dedicates himself to the craft and makes a comeback.

That's one hell of an accusation. I hesitate to call it baseless, but alas.

Strong words, dude.

That's one hell of an accusation. I hesitate to call it baseless, but alas.

Strong words, dude.

In fact the TMQ article went even further, mentioning that Hardy spent his practice time complaining about his lack of involvement in the offense. Hadn't seen that in print before and I wonder if that was pure speculation on his part, or if Ralph passed that info along (Easterbrook was a recent guest of Ralph at The Ralph).

I sadly agree with you.

We constantly hear about Evans being this fantastic receiver, how he draws double teams and defenses "roll" their coverages over to him to stop him.

Enough, already!

He's much too expensive if all he is a guy who demands double teams.

Not to get into this argument again, but true #1 receivers fight through this kind of thing and remain competitive. Evans goes through entire stretches of the season where he is insignificant. Not seen or heard from. Pedestrian.

This is NOT to say that I don't like Evans, or want to get rid of him. I believe that he is truly talented. But he runs 2-3 routes. His career has been made on 2-3 pass routes. We need more out of guy that is supposed to be our #1 and is being paid like a true #1 (i.e.: Steve Johnson should not be kicking his butt).

So, for the average shmoe making $50k per year, it would take him 12 years to equal the

earnings from a single James Hardy reception. That's 12 years of stress from a-hole

clients, a-hole co-workers, a-hole bosses, thousands of semi coherent emails, half of which are nothing more than cya CC emails, BS phone calls, traffic jams, crappy hotels, diversity

seminars, etc. 12 friggin years of those headaches for the same $$ Hardy earned from

catching a single pass.

There is no god.

Not even close. Jairus Byrd signed a 4 year 4 million deal. Hardy probably had a similar deal. Hardy was a waste but at least try to get the facts right.

In fact the TMQ article went even further, mentioning that Hardy spent his practice time complaining about his lack of involvement in the offense. Hadn't seen that in print before and I wonder if that was pure speculation on his part, or if Ralph passed that info along (Easterbrook was a recent guest of Ralph at The Ralph).

Didn't realize you were pulling that from an "article." You got a link?

maybe just maybe. when lee does get that route and hes open fitz scans and sees johnson standing there by himself and fitz just goes to the higher percentage pass. if one guy has single covg and is 30 yards down field and another is 25 yards out and is wide open. would you not take the wide open?

idk just saying