Bills Shopping Edwards

Chilly

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the cards weren't able to get anything for Leinart, we probably won't get anything for edwards.

That may not be the case exactly--- Leinart had a ridiculous contract that no team in their right mind would agree to pay. Edwards contract is pretty negligible. He's still playing under his rookie contract, which I think is still under $1 million/year.

That may not be the case exactly--- Leinart had a ridiculous contract that no team in their right mind would agree to pay. Edwards contract is pretty negligible. He's still playing under his rookie contract, which I think is still under $1 million/year.

498,000 I think is the salary for Edwards....

I'd be floored if they got anything for him in a trade. Only way I see him involved in a trade is if he's packaged with somebody else.

I'd say cut him. He's taking up a roster spot the Bills could use for a QB that has potential.

I like the idea of trading him if you know he is done.

But as has been raised here by many others, what would we get for him?

I can't imagine that he has much trade value.

A used copy of Madden 2011?

GET 'R DONE!!!

There is no NFL HC/executive, or GM who is perfect with their talent projections. Not Polian, Finks, or Belichick. None. Trent did not live up to expectations, but Walsh's legacy will endure forever in the annals of the NFL. I know many on this board operate only in absolutes, but Walsh's credibility doesn't take a big hit because Edwards didn't succeed. The man won 3 SB's and set up two others while designing the WCO that many teams use today.

Maybe the Niners. They don't seem to have good East Coast scouts as they overpaid for Kevin Williams, Jason Jennings and Clements over the years.

Being a Stanford product they should love him. Alex Smith had another poor game after showing promise vs New Orleans. They also have David Carr & Troy Smith so they might be interested.

And that's certainly a manageable figure for a franchise coached by a guy that thinks he can fix a reclamation project with Edwards' "potential"--- maybe the Cardinals or the Seahawks.

My feeling is that if Schefter's report is true that the Bills considered moving Trent in the offseason then it is possible that he "won" the QB competition in part by virtue of the fact he was being paraded in front of the league to show that he could still play. It's not like Gailey put all of his eggs in the Trent Edwards basket and staked his coaching reputation on him as some fans and radio personalities are suggesting.

I can't imagine that we will get anything for him at this point, but I do see him having a better future than JP did after he is asked to give his Bills jersey back.

The things he does, take no risks, hand off, check down complete, are things that are somewhat valuable for a backup QB for a decent team. I think he will end up with a clipboard for at least a little while after his Bills days are done.

$1.65M is the number, but it's a moot point - he's a FA after this season and will be out of football. Gailey's finally realized what some of us have been saying for 3 years...

A week after benching him. Edwards' value is at an all-time low, so the Bills would be lucky to get a future seventh-round pick. Edwards could perhaps settle in as a long-term backup, but he's not solving any quarterback controversies. He's one of the least aggressive passers in the league, and has been injured in some form or fashion every year since his senior season in high school.

link

Maybe the Niners. They don't seem to have good East Coast scouts as they overpaid for Kevin Williams, Jason Jennings and Clements over the years.

Being a Stanford product they should love him. Alex Smith had another poor game after showing promise vs New Orleans. They also have David Carr & Troy Smith so they might be interested.

I was thinking 'niners maybe? myself. A Bill Walsh protege has currency out there, and they have the Ghost of Steve Young to lure them into thinking

one team's "bust" is another team's HOF marvel.

Yesterday's game will not improve his trade value.