Bills Shopping Edwards

Chilly

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5618325

Sorry if this has already been posted, but two questions exist upon reading this article: (1) who are they talking to; and (2) what would the Bills get in return.

I'm guessing the Raiders or Cardinals are the answer to #1 (I can't tink of another team that needs a mediocre QB as an upgrade). No clue what we would get in return, most likely not 3rd rounder, which is what we spent on him.

Thoughts?!?

I'm thinking the Browns. Trent's already helped the Browns win a couple games

I'll be shocked if Edwards can con yet another coaching staff into thinking he's an NFL QB. Especially since he's in the last year of his deal. Who's going to trade for a guy who doesn't know your offense, and isn't signed next year? That's preposterous.

Most un-drafted college players could be signed and do what Edwards has done this year. Five yard passes and running out of bounds does not take that much talent. Trent might get lucky enough for a try-out in the UFL.

Oh yeah - If Fitz plays well today - and i think he will, the Bills will likely cut Edwards to make room for Levi Brown or another QB and will be able to say that at least they tried to trade him.

Edited by LGB

The only way he gets traded is if a team determines that the Bill's horrendously sub-standard talent is the main reason why Edwards struggled.

Otherwise, I can't fathom why anyone who give up something for someone who will be released.

Exactly why you dangle him now. Might as well try to get something now (no matter how unlikely it is) rather than nothing later.

I think the Pat's, Jets or Phins would give the Bills a 4th or 5th rounder, if the Bills agreed to keep and start him. A guaranteed 2 wins a year is worth a pick.

Sorry to TE. Will never understand the last few series of games 1 and 2 for a guy at the NFL level.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood