James Hardy Cut

FluffHead

per schefter

Adam_Schefter: Dolphins weren't only AFC East team today to cut a former second-round pick. Bills cut WR James Hardy, another former second rounder.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

God I wanted this guy to succeed. Oh well.

Who was the Dolphins pick sacked?

EDIT: nm, Pat White, right?

Edited by The Big Cat

per schefter

Adam_Schefter: Dolphins weren't only AFC East team today to cut a former second-round pick. Bills cut WR James Hardy, another former second rounder.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Do you remember the "big four"? Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy, Limas Sweed, Devin Thomas. What a weak group that turned out to be.

you can blame the hardy pick on all of us, fans and media alike. Everyone, I mean everyone screamed for a big reciever. The good news is that now there is a guy running the show who will not be swayed by popular opinion . Everyone this year begged for a left tackle and a qb. Needs indeed, but Buddy didn't see a player worth the pick and stuck to his board. NOw if they stayy the course and get lucky here and there this is going to big a very good football teams in a year or two.

Another indictment of the Jauron regime. Also, another reason why you don't want fans making draft picks (Hardy was a fan favorite bc of how big he was).

I was opposed to cutting him up until I saw some of the tape from the Lions game. The guy has 0 burst off the line and pretty poor route running. Lethal combination whether you are 6-5 or 5-8.

Anyways, too bad. But, yes, absolute gross pick.

He can be added to the bin w/:

-McCargo

-Losman

-Wright

-Simpson

-Preston (2005 draft)

-T. Anderson

-Euhus (2004 draft)

-McGahee

I won't even mention the low impact (but not bust) 1st rounder bin:

-Lynch

-Maybin

-Whitner

-McKelvin

-Parrish

I should note that I'm of the belief that Maybin will improve, that Lynch is a solid player, and that Parrish will have a big season. And Whitner and McKelvin are both good players. But, man, where are the pro bowlers (other than Lynch)? I'll stop beating the horse.

When do fans make draft picks? But you think we should have cut him based on film you watched? So we should cut players based on film fans watch? I don't get your post.

Parrish was a 1st round draft pick? 2nd round, 55th overall.

I'm not sure I understand what horse you're beating.

Mistake re: Parrish. 1st overall pick by the Bills was my point.

Pet peeve # 12,543. The misuse of 1st overall pick and #1 draft pick. Both of these terms imply that the player was the first player taken in the draft. Union, your use of it doesn't bother me nearly as much as announcers butchering it on a regular basis.

I kind of had a feeling Hardy was a goner when halfway through training camp he made a statement something to the effect that it's "not just about running routes" - it seemed he was dissing the coaches who obviously were on him for his route running. At that point my first thought was here was a guy who just didn't 'get it'.

Given the amount of veteran WR's getting cut today, I say he has almost no chance.

He's young so some teams might look at him being a former 2nd rounder who couldn't stay healthy as a guy that just needs a change of scenery.

Plus he may not get picked up before the start of the year, but during the season, a team in need of a WR may take a chance to replace an injured WR

I kind of had a feeling Hardy was a goner when halfway through training camp he made a statement something to the effect that it's "not just about running routes" - it seemed he was dissing the coaches who obviously were on him for his route running. At that point my first thought was here was a guy who just didn't 'get it'.

Not to mention his only playing time was late in the game against fellow camp fodder. I'm glad he's gone. Seemed like a punk who took his job for granted. I'll bet we hear more about him in the police blotter for years to come.

I feel bad for hardy, the kid been getting hurt since he got draft, and he really couldnt show his skills very much. I know most of u ppl on here going to say that hardy sucks and couldnt do nothing. But u got to remember, he just keep getting hurt. well wish him luck with whatever team he joins

you can blame the hardy pick on all of us, fans and media alike. Everyone, I mean everyone screamed for a big reciever. The good news is that now there is a guy running the show who will not be swayed by popular opinion . Everyone this year begged for a left tackle and a qb. Needs indeed, but Buddy didn't see a player worth the pick and stuck to his board. NOw if they stayy the course and get lucky here and there this is going to big a very good football teams in a year or two.

Blame the Hardy pick on all of us?

Are you f*ing kidding me?

Oh,I get it... I'm an NFL exec and the media and fans want a tall receiver and I have to take a tall receiver with the 41st pick in the draft even though he can't play.

Get real.

The BILLS blew the pick.... AGAIN... noone else had anything to do with it.

God I wanted this guy to succeed. Oh well.

Who was the Dolphins pick sacked?

EDIT: nm, Pat White, right?

Well when the Bills drafted James Hardy I remember that moment... I was mad about it...as I had him as the 4th best WR left on the board when we picked....I wanted Malcom Kelly or Limus Sweed at the time. I don't know if either of them have done much as well, but I knew Hardy wasn't the right pick, and unfortunately today my assesment was confirmed to be correct!

On another player Aaron Maybin...I also was "shocked" that Bryan Orakapo DE was available when we selected. I almost cried when we instead picked Maybin as he was also 3 or 4 players down my list as the best available DE when we selected. I don't listen to Mel Kiper, as I do my own research

and I usually disagree with the Bills War Room!

I still think we should have picked Jimmy Clausen at QB, especially after dropping so far and right into our laps, but in all honesty I thought we should've drafted Matt Leinhart when we had the opportunity and I was obviously probably wrong about that one.

I felt great when we picked Jairus Byrd in the draft as I had the Bills projected to take him. I was amazed I got that one right, as I don't think me and the Bills agreed on any other of their picks. I did have A. Levitre and Eric Woods as an alternate choice if the player that I projected instead were available. But, why should they listen to me when they have Tom Modrak???? lol....Second thought...maybe they should as they definitely would be fielding a better roster Sept. 12th against the Dolphins!!

Despite my jaded views I am going to still predict Buffalo to win against the Dolphins which seems illogical according to all the media Nationally. But, you have to remember the first few weeks..especially week #1 the home team has a distinct advantage if the talent level isn't in absurd contrast. I don't think it is...Like Parcells used to say..(probably still does) I can beat you with my guys or I can beat you with your guys! I think Chan Gailey is a better coach than Jauron was (which may not be difficult), and I think the Bills will escape narrowly with a win and a last second field goal.!!!!! Buffalo 27 Miami 26 I also am going to predict that the Bills defense gets a TD & Miami returns a kick for a TD. Spiller leads all rushers with 152 yards and 1 touchdown !!! Getting Psyched!!! Lets Go Bills

Another indictment of the Jauron regime. Also, another reason why you don't want fans making draft picks (Hardy was a fan favorite bc of how big he was).

I was opposed to cutting him up until I saw some of the tape from the Lions game. The guy has 0 burst off the line and pretty poor route running. Lethal combination whether you are 6-5 or 5-8.

-McCargo

-Losman

-Wright

-Simpson

-Preston (2005 draft)

-T. Anderson

-Euhus (2004 draft)

-McGahee

I won't even mention the low impact (but not bust) 1st rounder bin:

-Lynch

-Maybin

-Whitner

-McKelvin

-Parrish

I should note that I'm of the belief that Maybin will improve, that Lynch is a solid player, and that Parrish will have a big season. And Whitner and McKelvin are both good players. But, man, where are the pro bowlers (other than Lynch)? I'll stop beating the horse.

typical misguided Bills fan blaming the wrong scapegoat.

Modrak and his jolly band of incompetent talent evaluators is still running the show and has been for the last decade. 

he is more responsible than anyone else for the poor results on the field from the last 10 drafts.

Mistake re: Parrish. 1st overall pick by the Bills was my point.

I understand the contradiction you are calling out, but your attempt to make me look stupid is under thought.

A) My point is that fans (myself included) have uninformed opinions. I wasn't making a grand point, it isn't too difficult to follow my train of thought on that one.

B) Despite the fact that I know far less than scouts, I am still entitled to make an opinion. I was essentially calling myself out for being uninformed about a player. I then (by nature of informing myself and watching Hardy play more closely) found that I was incorrect in my initial analysis.

C) Were you really trying to "snag me" with that "since when do fans make draft picks" comment? Yea, you really got me there.

My post wasn't intended to be taken personal, I just honestly couldn't follow what you were saying because most of it was a contradiction. I actually think you're being too hard on yourself. Hardy was the right pick, the fans were right to want him, and get excited about the pick. The fact that he didn't work out rest solely on the shoulders of James Hardy. The reason I know this is, we saw with our own eyes what the kid did in college and the type of player he was. For him to play the way he did is a disappointment. And the reason it's a disappointment isn't because the fans or the front office were wrong about him, it's because James Hardy failed to exercise his potential.

Edited by Buffalonian-at-Heart

Not to mention his only playing time was late in the game against fellow camp fodder. I'm glad he's gone. Seemed like a punk who took his job for granted. I'll bet we hear more about him in the police blotter for years to come.

I remember during Hardy's rookie year, one of the coaches said that Hardy never had to adjust his route based on coverage in college. I was surprised to hear that, and even more surprised that apparently the coaches didn't know that until after he got here.

Gailey's comments today were interesting. He said that the injuries in this year's camp weren't holding him back physically the last few weeks, but it may have been holding him back mentally. I think that was a polite way of saying that he never really "got it". He never really bought in to how much effort (physical and mental) was going to be involved in competing for playing time in the NFL.

All the pundits celebrated this pick on draft day. The Wild Cat with Pat White ... ohh boy!!!

That Bill Parcells! Yoo Whoo!!!

i remember the big coup the dolphins pulled off with this pick since the pundits had him slated to go much later in the draft, OMG the wildcat will be unstoppable with Pat White!!!

Not a good pick overall. Going with the conventional wisdom/need instead of best player. The same that would have us picked Clausen or Bulaga at #9 this year.

However swinging and missing on a high second round receiver doesn't damn the decision makers by itself...remember in addition to the #41 Hardy, we also cut #36 Chad Jackson which New England picked and it didn't work out.

I was pulling for him, but was a little skeptical at his inability to get involved and make a difference. It never seemed like a Roscoe situation of being misused, just him not being a very good football player.

-McCargo

-Losman

-Wright

-Simpson

-Preston (2005 draft)

-T. Anderson

-Euhus (2004 draft)

-McGahee

McCargo just made the 53 man roster. Just FYI