Source with Eagles said VICK to be released regardless

major

To be released??? I'm pretty sure that reads they've "considered" releasing Vick. The guy just got a 1.5 million roster bonus on Monday and Eagles officials have already said they aren't releasing him at this point (Source: Mort per Twitter.) So from the sounds of things, unless Vick is going to miss time due to suspension its unlikely at this point he's going to get released.

Interesting that last year Philly had 2 good backup QBs and McNabb as the starter. If Vick gets cut they're down to 4th round rookie Mike Kafka & UFA rookie Joey Elliott as their backups. I wonder if Garcia would get re-signed by the Eagles if Vick is cut.

Well, the Eagles had a nice run. Should have traded Vick when they had the chance, to them help rebuild.

I'm sure that any team that was desperate enough to trade for him would've put conditions in the trade ensuring their asses would be covered when, not if, Vick got in trouble again

A person familiar with the team's thinking...

Seriously? This is a source? I could be considered "a person familiar w/ the team's thinking" (well, maybe not for the Eagles, but for the Bills) & my last interaction w/ ANYONE in any way affiliated w/ the Bills was attending (just watching like every other fan) training camp a few yrs ago.

I liked watching Vick when he was in Atlanta and I rooted for the guy in hopes that he would turn his life around after everything that he got himself into, but he keeps putting himself into situations that breed trouble. When you have time hanging over your head and all kinds of stipulations to live by because of choices you've made in life you need to do all that you can to avoid finding yourself in a predicamnet like this. He obviously hasn't taken things as seriously as he should have and now he finds himself in this place. He's not only hurting himself, but making everyone that's tried to help him through all of this and the one's who have stayed by his side look like fools. I hope one day he "gets it", but I don't want him here if the Eagles release him.

For fear of how many teams may be interested in his services, I say we trade next year's #1 for him.

No? :devil:

Only if we can bundle Maybenot, Lynch, Spiller, Schobel, Poz, Evans and Wood with that #1.

Hey, if you're going to make a blockbuster trade - go all out.

[/s]

I'm curious how Thanksgiving works at the Vick house. Wouldn't Mike and Marcus be in violation of their parole by associating with a known felon?

Holidays could start to get very lonely for Mike. Unless he was involved in the shooting. Then he'll have lots of company, daily.

Seriously? This is a source? I could be considered "a person familiar w/ the team's thinking" (well, maybe not for the Eagles, but for the Bills) & my last interaction w/ ANYONE in any way affiliated w/ the Bills was attending (just watching like every other fan) training camp a few yrs ago.

Journalists make stuff up. At best, he probably talked to a reporter from Philly who heard from the guy who shines his shoes that Vick was getting released. It's a reporter circle jerk since if they anonymously source a local reporter then they don't need to look into where *he* got his information.

Message boards, blogs and other similar sources are on par with many 'publications' these days.

Look at the 'blogs' for ESPN where 90% of them are just straight up copy/pasting other articles. I don't know why ESPN bothers to pay 'reporters' to do this. If you do see something genuine, it's generally either a rehashed local article or a summary of forums for the team.

Also, Vick is terrible football player. I don't think he could crack the Bills top 3 QBs.

yes he's more exciting than any bills qb on our roster.

plus it would give us an excuse to bump "WHO LET THE DOG OUT!!!"

hoo-hoo-hoo!!!

LOL - what a great song reference!

(not sure how to spell the refrain to the song - hoo hoo hoo)

I liked watching Vick when he was in Atlanta and I rooted for the guy in hopes that he would turn his life around after everything that he got himself into, but he keeps putting himself into situations that breed trouble. When you have time hanging over your head and all kinds of stipulations to live by because of choices you've made in life you need to do all that you can to avoid finding yourself in a predicamnet like this. He obviously hasn't taken things as seriously as he should have and now he finds himself in this place. He's not only hurting himself, but making everyone that's tried to help him through all of this and the one's who have stayed by his side look like fools. I hope one day he "gets it", but I don't want him here if the Eagles release him.

I respectfully disagree here. He cant control the fact that there was a shooting at a night club, the same night he had his party there. Also, he wasnt present when the shooting took place. So what is he supposed to do? Stay in all the time?

I agree that only leaving the house should be an action heed'd by an accused rapist (Roethlisburger) but not Vick.

He paid for his crimes, he needs to live life.

To answer the original poster's question: No, not a snow ball's chance in hell would i want to bring Michael Vick in as QB, and I base that solely on his body of work as a QB. He had Garbage accuracy, Garbage ability to read defenses, Garbage completion percentage, and Garbage ability to move the chains by making downfield plays from the pocket. I just don't get how anyone can seriously think he is a talented QB.

My question to the people who think he IS a talented QB, what are you basing it on? I'll give you one thing, he was in a lot of stupid commercials, so after that, what are you looking at? He's a downgrade on every level compared to the corn-meal we have on our roster currently, and thats saying something.

Now if you asked the board: Would you want this socially retarded jackass as our QB if the Eagles release him? that would be a more fitting description of one of the most self loving morons i have ever seen in the NFL, and yes I am one who thinks he is entirely to blame for all the stupid and brainless things that happens around him. He likes to think he is a gangster, and surrounds himself with people who carry guns, gamble on illegal activities, and goes out and celebrates things in a "hey look at me...everyone....look at me....i have an entourage....look at me...we carry guns because i think i am important" way. Given this statement, even if he had a 70% completion percentage, and made Steve Young look like a bum, I still wouldn't want him on the Bills, I have more self respect than to root for a person with that little moral character.

It goes deeper than just winning games for me, this team brings me pride in my community, and to the city if Buffalo, and Michael Vick on this team would be like someone wiping their ass with the american flag.

I respectfully disagree here. He cant control the fact that there was a shooting at a night club, the same night he had his party there. Also, he wasnt present when the shooting took place. So what is he supposed to do? Stay in all the time?

I agree that only leaving the house should be an action heed'd by an accused rapist (Roethlisburger) but not Vick.

I agree that he can live his life like he wants but there are different rules if he wants to play in the NFL.

Interesting that last year Philly had 2 good backup QBs and McNabb as the starter. If Vick gets cut they're down to 4th round rookie Mike Kafka & UFA rookie Joey Elliott as their backups. I wonder if Garcia would get re-signed by the Eagles if Vick is cut.

I wish the Bills would reach out and grab Garcia for 1-2 seasons.

To anyone who does, don't forget to check in with your parole officer...only criminals support habitual criminals like Vick

AAAAA-men!

I have 2 thoughts on this:

1.) the Eagles have come out and issued a statement that this is balderdash. Now, teams do this and then low and behold, a couple days later said player is cut. It could happen. But at this point, the team has said it has no intentions of cutting Vick. Nothing thus far indicates we should not take them at their word.

and

2.) Have we all not had enough of Vick already? I mean, the guy is making more plays to be in jail than anything on the football field. Whether or not he was involved, at what point is the drama,...well....too much drama?

Yes and no.

If it was you or me, and we spent time in jail as a convicted felon, you know that our respective employers would not be opening the doors to welcome us back anytime soon.

As more to your point, he is in the NFL. He also has a record. And he is on thin ice. If he wants to continue attempting to comeback in the NFL (he still hasn't, BTW), he needs to steer clear of ALL trouble.

Who was on his party guest list? Some of the same scum bags that were part of his dog rings? Whether or not he was there, or he did it, at this point he will be suspected even if he was at home with his mother.

If it was me, I would be eating, sleeping, and pooping football. I'd go out for church, and then if I wasn't lifting weights, studying the playbook, or working on passing, I'd be eating or sleeping at home. Let's face it, he's a target. If he doesn't clean out the scum bags he associates with, they will clean him out (birds of a feather...).

Peyton Manning seems to be doing ok without needing to "live life".

I understand what you're saying too my friend. But Vick needs to know that he is high profile, under the microscope, and in the NFL this is his ninth life. Why put your career and your freedom into a situation that is known to possibly have things pop off. His birthday party was broadcasted to the world basically so all kinds of people were there. If he would've had a private party, invite only, he wouldn't be in this situation right now. The fact is his ego blinds him from realizing this possibility, his money makes him believe that he can do what he wants still, his fame was used to pack this club out, and it just may have cost him everything for not taking every precaution possible to avoid trouble. He doesn't have to stay locked away in a house, but he does have to actually think things through before he puts himself into situations. Sad thing is now it might be too late.

Comments like this crack me up. People act like Mike Vick walked into a room where there was a dog fight happening, and didn't leave.

The guy was the ring leader. He funded it, he promoted it, and he profited off of it. The man is a terrible human being. Anyone who does the things he has done, and shows absolutely no remorse, and does even less to change his life, doesn't deserve anything from anyone. Except to be put back into prison.

I understand what you're saying too my friend. But Vick needs to know that he is high profile, under the microscope, and in the NFL this is his ninth life. Why put your career and your freedom into a situation that is known to possibly have things pop off. His birthday party was broadcasted to the world basically so all kinds of people were there. If he would've had a private party, invite only, he wouldn't be in this situation right now. The fact is his ego blinds him from realizing this possibility, his money makes him believe that he can do what he wants still, his fame was used to pack this club out, and it just may have cost him everything for not taking every precaution possible to avoid trouble. He doesn't have to stay locked away in a house, but he does have to actually think things through before he puts himself into situations. Sad thing is now it might be too late.

I agree with everything except for your reasoning as to why Vick continues to choose this self-destructive decisions/ associations.

You contend it is ego.

I say he's stupid.

If losing poster boy status with arguably THE premiere sports league along w/kazillions of cash wasn't enough motivation, then spending hard time in prison certainly should be. A typical player has a career that lasts what, 2-3 seasons? Vick lost 2-3 seasons because of his bone-headed decisions. He aged, and may never recover what limited passing skills he had.

Comments like this crack me up. People act like Mike Vick walked into a room where there was a dog fight happening, and didn't leave.

The guy was the ring leader. He funded it, he promoted it, and he profited off of it. The man is a terrible human being. Anyone who does the things he has done, and shows absolutely no remorse, and does even less to change his life, doesn't deserve anything from anyone. Except to be put back into prison.

Exactly, Nate.

I don't want to get into another colossally brain numbing argument with bone heads who defend Vick with ridiculous logic, because you said it all. He was the ringleader. He provided the property. He allowed the dog carcasses' to be hung from a tree in his backyard! I mean, talk about savagery. Dead dogs dripping blood, hanging from his tree!! He allowed them to be buried in his yard. And to show callous disregard for it all; Vick is the true animal.

And for all of you single-brain cell Vick defenders, that was not a compliment.

That's not what I was saying at all. What I am saying is I hoped he had learned from the mistakes he was making in his life. I sold drugs, did drugs, drove drunk on numerous occasions, had numerous run-ins with the cops that could've landed me in jail for a long time though thankfully it never came to that, hung around all of the wrong people, and ended up going to jail twice. The times I could've gotten caught on multiple serious drug charges never phased me. The car accident that I had on a back road that could've killed me while drunk, that I was able to leave the scene of, didn't stop me. The reality of jail though, possibly losing everything I had in life, was the deterrent that caused me to realize that was a place I wanted no parts of and I finally understood the affect of what I was doing. I gave my life to Christ and it's been a process ever since. I learned from my bad choices in life and I was hoping he had as well.

I learned from my bad choices in life and I was hoping he had as well.

His favorite phrase seems to be "It's unfortunate this happened to me" as if he was a victim...proof that he's got a long way to go before he learns

That's not what I was saying at all. What I am saying is I hoped he had learned from the mistakes he was making in his life. I sold drugs, did drugs, drove drunk on numerous occasions, had numerous run-ins with the cops that could've landed me in jail for a long time though thankfully it never came to that, hung around all of the wrong people, and ended up going to jail twice. The times I could've gotten caught on multiple serious drug charges never phased me. The car accident that I had on a back road that could've killed me while drunk, that I was able to leave the scene of, didn't stop me. The reality of jail though, possibly losing everything I had in life, was the deterrent that caused me to realize that was a place I wanted no parts of and I finally understood the affect of what I was doing. I gave my life to Christ and it's been a process ever since. I learned from my bad choices in life and I was hoping he had as well.

God Bless you, H2O, and congrats on turning away from that type of life.

That has always been my point on Vick, too.

Though I have never sold or used hard drugs, I can say that I too, at a stupid young age, would party and I drove home once or twice when I should not have. As a kid, I too caused typical trouble around the neighborhood. I've done stupid things, and I think everyone has.

The key difference though, is that at some point the light comes on and a person realizes that this behavior is counterproductive to me; i.e. if I keep this up, I'll be dead, or in prison, or killed in prison, etc. If you were to place a table full of millions of dollars in front of me and tell me that I was risking that for idiotic behavior, I would change said behavior in a heartbeat.

And I don't buy the societal excuses. There are scores of inner city kids who do make it out and make something of themselves. That do succeed. Just because he may have been brought up to think nothing of this stupid behavior, does not mean that he has to perpetuate it. His athletic ability has granted him enough to transcend any difficulty or societal excuse. But instead of using the ability to help other out, or improve the lives of others, he continues to destroy the blessings he has inherited.

Ah, well....

I wish the Bills would reach out and grab Garcia for 1-2 seasons.

Why not just get Kelly to suit up again, I think they are around the same age.

GARCIA IS DONE IN THE NFL, HE IS OLD AND NOT AN IMPROVMENT

as for Vick, not for bringing him in but I think its time that everyone just let the guy live his life now that he has served his time. The guy can't even celebrate his birthday anymore according to most here, unless he secludes himself in his house at all times just in case..........

The guy had nothing to do with the shooting, and he left the club prior to it happening. people are trying to dig too deep to find something against the guy now

Why not just get Kelly to suit up again, I think they are around the same age.

GARCIA IS DONE IN THE NFL, HE IS OLD AND NOT AN IMPROVMENT

as for Vick, not for bringing him in but I think its time that everyone just let the guy live his life now that he has served his time. The guy can't even celebrate his birthday anymore according to most here, unless he secludes himself in his house at all times just in case..........

The guy had nothing to do with the shooting, and he left the club prior to it happening. people are trying to dig too deep to find something against the guy now

Oh noes you can't defend Vick at all on here. Because apparently 50 percent of the posters on this board are more sinless than Jesus.