Marshawn to attend this week's OTAs

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/16212038780

Stop when you've heard this one before. But Bills RB Marshawn Lynch is back in Buffalo and is planning to attend the team's OTA today.

I'll believe it when I see it but maybe he heard about the Seattle stuff and wants to be here when Seattle talks to Buddy Nix

Attend and participate are two different things. I believe he'll be there, but will he actually practice is the question. But then again, we are a just talking about practice

:flirt:

I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up and practiced. I think it finally got through his head that the Bills want value for him and won't get it if he's #3 on the depth charts. Get in, make an impression and he may get is wish. Oh, and during that time, shut the Hell up, leave the gat at home and take a cab!

Jeez, I guess Lynch's agent must have emailed Lynch a copy of his approval ratings and suggested a measured response, such as actually, maybe, participating in an OTA to at least stop those ratings from plummeting even further.

One way or the other he is going to be moved. There is no doubt that this team has no long term plans for this misguided player. Could ML be a meaningful contributor to this offense? If he had his head on straight he certainly could. The problem is that Lynch is not the type of person to subordinate his ego for the the betterment of the team. If there were games where Jackson and Spiller were on a roll ML wouldn't be too happy not getting what he thought were enough touches.

The Bills could tough it out if they wanted to and demonstrate to ML that they are in control. But it is not going to be long before another Lynch saga is going to occur. The Bills should get what they can for him and move on. It was a mistake drafting him. It is better to face up to the mistake and move on.

Maybe he has been watching the TV or reading the papers (or having someone read them to him), and realized that he is only hurting his chances of being traded by diminishing his value by acting like a stubborn ass. Maybe Momma called him, since when he was drafted that was the story of how he is a momma's boy, and told him to get his butt in there, because the Bills hold all the cards. Just how much he practices while he is in there, or if he even does show up to the actual practice is anyone's guess, but he probably will now since money in on the line. He obviously isn't the brightest bulb on the tree or he would have realized weeks ago he isn't making anything better by his actions, and if he came in with a new coaching staff and gave 100% he might actually get his job back.

Where does it say Buffalo confirming interest?

And he says we need secondary help?

Not having a 3rd next year (Sea) means if its gonna happen, I think there are players to be traded or a third team has to get involved somehow and make a 3 way trade.

I personally don't want to get rid of Lynch. Especially at a discounted price.

I LOVE the fact that Nix is holding tight no matter what happens with Lynch.

Seattle traded their 3rd round pick in next year's draft to the Chargers in the Whitehurst deal, so they have a 1st, 2nd, 4th and lower to work with

I really think that if Lynch gets dealt to the Seahawks at all it will be for that 4th round pick. At this point that is the best we are going to get for him, so in my opinion I say keep him.

I really think that if Lynch gets dealt to the Seahawks at all it will be for that 4th round pick. At this point that is the best we are going to get for him, so in my opinion I say keep him.

agreed -- heaven forbid jackson goes down -- what would we be left with? spiller taking 10-15 touches, and who would carry the load?

If the bills are interested they throw on an escalator to a 3rd pick w reasonable performance and it's done. It's starting to sound like they really are not interested.

Why would they be interested in anything lower than a 2nd or 3rd round pick anyway.

Id say keep him, Fred Jackson with a heavy work load I don't like. Marshawn should come in and get his feet wet before the mandatory Mini- camp.

"Seattle has already coughed up next years third for Clipboard Jesus. :cry: Considering that it’s probably going to take a fourth round pick to acquire Lynch, they may be reluctant to further peck into next years draft stock.

Lynch has off the field issues as well, and has already been suspended once by the league for violating the personal conduct policy. The Seahawks would have to be able to get past that; considering Brandon Marshalls rap sheet trumps his, i’m sure they won’t have an issue. :thumbsup:

Also something is to consider is that if the Bills want a package or a straight up player(s) for player deal, a match might not be there.

The Bills primarily need help along the offensive line, at wide receiver, quarterback, and in the secondary. :lol:

If you know the Seahawks roster, this poses a problem."

We need help in the secondary? :flirt: Dammit guys! Why didn't you tell me this!! We could have drafted one!

Goes along with our consensus. Another team gets involved here or we move on.

Why does everyone care if the 3rd RB on this roster is at OTA's?

Because we have sucked for 10+ years. Lynch is a good player, and while he's still a member of this team we (I) want him at the OTA's to learn the new offense and get in better shape than he was last year. We need every advantage to beat the Fins, Jets and Patsies.

The problem is that Lynch is not the type of person to subordinate his ego for the the betterment of the team. If there were games where Jackson and Spiller were on a roll ML wouldn't be too happy not getting what he thought were enough touches.

Says you. His ego has never been a problem in the past and he's only spoken supportively of his teammates in the past. The problem is folks need to get off the guys back and let things play out however they will play out. I've said before Lynch has no issue with the organization. His issue is fans which has given him an issue with the organization because he wants to be traded because of it.

Says you. His ego has never been a problem in the past and he's only spoken supportively of his teammates in the past. The problem is folks need to get off the guys back and let things play out however they will play out. I've said before Lynch has no issue with the organization. His issue is fans which has given him an issue with the organization because he wants to be traded because of it.

Wow.

You are the type of person who believes that Van der Sloot was framed in Peru. I strongly recommend that you don't waste any of your money on his legal defense fund.

No, some of his issues are:

1. He is a thug and can't stay out of trouble. Has no common sense when it comes to doing dumb things.

2. His play has declined the past few years. Mainly because of attitude, effort and last year-conditioning.

3. If he has no issue with this organization, why has he been in the same faciilty as the head coach and not even met him?

4. Seems like keeping up his street cred it more important to him than keeping up his reputation on the Bills and in the NFL.

I've said before Lynch has no issue with the organization. His issue is fans which has given him an issue with the organization because he wants to be traded because of it.

Is this a serious post or am I just missing the sarcasm?

No, some of his issues are:

1. He is a thug and can't stay out of trouble. Has no common sense when it comes to doing dumb things.

2. His play has declined the past few years. Mainly because of attitude, effort and last year-conditioning.

3. If he has no issue with this organization, why has he been in the same faciilty as the head coach and not even met him?

4. Seems like keeping up his street cred it more important to him than keeping up his reputation on the Bills and in the NFL.

last few years ? he was off last year no bones about it.

He's a productive NFL RB, and wihtout him this team has a 29 yr old running back and a rookie scat back. Some toughness running wont hurt, no one will care about OTAs if he produces on the field during the regular season.

He at practice, Welcome back Beast Mode !!!

He said he was coming back on the field, now he's here. Teammates glad he is back, he got the playbook, that all I need to hear.

Long as they can work him back slowly, they still have plenty of time, Marshawn will be alright.