NFL Execs expect Gathier trade

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible! We all know you don't spend tons of money and picks on pricey veterans! You build through the draft---and we now have Wang!

Check out the BODOG odds of J. Russell's next spot: Bills #2 most likely at 7:2.

Yikes! The betting public hates us.

Excellent.

Its all falling into place.

*laughs maniacally*

I will say this though, I doubt anything happens for a few months. Ravens have no incentive to move him immediately. They'll wait until a team loses a LT in training camp and use it to drive up their price.

Excellent.

*laughs maniacally*

I will say this though, I doubt anything happens for a few months. Ravens have no incentive to move him immediately. They'll wait until a team loses a LT in training camp and use it to drive up their price.

Dead on.

Excellent.

*laughs maniacally*

Or they will move him quickly now that the draft is over so they can get soemthing for him, instead of him walking for nothing next year.

I'm a little concerned that BAL decided to move him over to RT for early workouts. If they don't like his attitude, they wouldn't make such a blatant move and expect another team to fork over a 2nd rounder. They'd leave him at LOT.

Also, he's going to demand a large contract extension, as he'll be heading into the 4th and final year of his rookie contract. I can see him getting 7+M per over 4 or more seasons.

watch the Bills trade our #1 pick next year for Gaither and then go out and finish 2-14 and get the 1st overall pick.

Nix has always stated he's about having a strong running game and building a strong defense. I'm not sure Gaither is what he'd go after. Instead I see Gaither ending up in Dallas when Barron fails a physical.

Just to temper Schefter's tweet. All he says is:

"NFL sources still expect Ravens OT Jared Gaither to be traded before season and Bills are most likely destination - they want him."

This is the same kind of talk that had us all thinking we would take Claussen at 9.

Excellent.

*laughs maniacally*

Good point. But I'll add one caveat: if the Ravens are serious about moving Oher to LT, that has to happen sooner than later for obvious reasons and they'll have to free-up the logjam at the position. If they're OK with the situation then they can afford to wait like you said. But if you're depending on moving a guy to a new position, one as critical as LT, you have to do it. Moving Oher to LT weakens their RT position and that new guy has to get in the line-up ASAP.

GO BILLS!!!

PFT chimes in, with another tweet from a Ravens insider who hears the same thing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-jared-gaither/

Wait a second. We've all been told repeatedly and in no uncertain terms by Thurman#1 that there is no way in hell this is gonna happen, it's impossible, and anyone who thinks it will is an idiot. Thurman#1, your serve.

I'm a little concerned that BAL decided to move him over to RT for early workouts. If they don't like his attitude, they wouldn't make such a blatant move and expect another team to fork over a 2nd rounder. They'd leave him at LOT.

Also, he's going to demand a large contract extension, as he'll be heading into the 4th and final year of his rookie contract. I can see him getting 7+M per over 4 or more seasons.

this thread, like every thread you crash is very grateful for your negative spin.

this thread, like every thread you crash is very grateful for your negative spin.

Likewise. Anytime a team wants to trade a player, it's caveat emptor IMO. And yes, whether you want to believe it or not, he's in the final year of his contract and will demand a new deal.

What a difference it would have on the whole offense! Our line would go from looking questionable to being potentially very good... and he's young. It would be a wise move, especially for a second rounder next year, even if they had to throw in a 4th - we'd still be able to pick up a QB with our 1st, and rounds 3, 5, 6, & 7 would be alright for WR, LB/DL depth. It'd make for a solid 2 year plan.

And, if our defense plays good this year, with a solid O-line we could have an offense functional enough to beat anyone - a solid running game would free up our wideouts - I could see Evans to one side, Lynch or Jackson in the backfield, Nelson as T.E., (whoever - Hardy, Johnson, or even Easley) on the opposite side, and then having Spiller lining up in the slot - we could run out of that formation, and if we were passing, there could be a lot of speed on the field.

I know, we're always optimistic this time of year, but I remember the Rams came out of nowhere and lit people up because of speed, and Warner's quick and accurate passing (which, I think, was influenced by his playing in the arena league - and the Bills new QB coach is supposed to be good, but coming from Canada where their QB's have to make quicker decisions and only have 2 downs to make the ten yards...). All I'm saying is with the right coaching, A Solid O-line, we could be competitive and our offense could work out alright.

The man is a wordsmith. A true inspiration to today's youth and a shining beacon of what a college education can do for you.

I am a little dumber for reading that twitter thing, and I don't have much further to drop.

I would be willing to part with our 2nd if need be and not ONE damn 'we gotta have a LT' person should B word. You want a LT in the high first, if we can get an established one for a 2nd, so be it.

I want to see the trade go down and an extension reached sooner than later so he can get some OTA time in.