Bills will not take a QB in Rd 2

The Bills addresed the deficiencies at the QB position/Offense by selecting Spiller....a guy that will make a QB/Offense look better on day one.

If it's true that Gailey can get the best out of mediocre QB's (Tomszack, Fiedler, Stewart, Thigpen), then maybe the Bills think he can do the same with.....no, not an unproven rookie QB.....but with the QB's he currently has on staff. Remember, with the names above, he did not draft any of them, he inherited them. So, I believe he can do the same with the current Bills QB's, namely Edwards....

That is my best guess.

So, with their Rd 2 pick, I don't expect them to take or move up to select Clausen or McCoy. Why would they? If the current QB's on the roster are a question mark, then the rookies-to-be are even more of a question mark.

Look for them to take an OT, DT, OLB/DE, or WR.

My prediction: Kindle or Charles Brown

Comments?

The Bills addresed the deficiencies at the QB position/Offense by selecting Spiller....a guy that will make a QB/Offense look better on day one.

If it's true that Gailey can get the best out of mediocre QB's (Tomszack, Fiedler, Stewart, Thigpen), then maybe the Bills think he can do the same with.....no, not an unproven rookie QB.....but with the QB's he currently has on staff. Remember, with the names above, he did not draft any of them, he inherited them. So, I believe he can do the same with the current Bills QB's, namely Edwards....

That is my best guess.

So, with their Rd 2 pick, I don't expect them to take or move up to select Clausen or McCoy. Why would they? If the current QB's on the roster are a question mark, then the rookies-to-be are even more of a question mark.

Comments?

Agree and hope they don't take a QB in Rd 2 because there isn't one worth the pick. Safford, Brown or Campbell might actually be able to play left tackle.

Agree and hope they don't take a QB in Rd 2 because there isn't one worth the pick. Safford, Brown or Campbell might actually be able to play left tackle.

There is one or two that are worth taking in the second. Clausen and McCoy are worth it, But I dont see them there when we pic. We will get pinched out of the competition, just like the regular season. Just no chance.

this obviously is a weak QB class. Only two going in 1st round and Tebow is a complete project. Wait until next year...as hard as that may be to swallow for some.

I think if we get to Round 4 and there's a LeFevour or Pike still out there, I'd be willing to grab one of them.

Otherwise, address the lines.

I like how yesterday, Clausen was a candidate to go in the first round, and now because he didn't go, people don't think there is a QB worth grabbing. Clausen still grades out, by most experts, as the second best QB in this class. It just so happens there are very few teams who need Qb's this year. If the Bills can get Clausen, especially at this point in the draft, they should.

this obviously is a weak QB class. Only two going in 1st round and Tebow is a complete project. Wait until next year...as hard as that may be to swallow for some.

I agree. WGR is talking up the Bills trading up to get McCoy or Clausen, mainly McCoy, but McCoy does not fit the prototype Buffalo QB that Nix has described when answering questions in press conferences. There's a very good chance that any QB taken this draft will be looked at as our backup of the future & the guys with the franchise tags are in next year's draft, not this year's. So, what could easily happen is the Bills use a day 3 pick on either Campbell or a project while many on this board are screaming they missed Clausen, McCoy, Lefevour, Pike etc later tonight and early tomorrow. Then next year, when we do draft the QB of the future, all of the complaints will be forgotten. I expect OL, DL or WR with our 2nd pick, not QB.

That is my best guess.

Comments?

Mike Kafka, round 4. Bank it.

QB Levi Brown in the 6th is my guess at someone the Bills may target later in the draft. Next year's QB class is going to be better and if Brown is a bust no one is going to care about a 6th rounder not making the team. I think in the 2nd the Bills must target OT or NT.

This break is a really good thing for the Bills. They struck out apparently for Tebow and if the draft continued they might have made a reactionary move and climbed up without really thinking it through.

Now they can reassess the reality of them trading up (plus trading whatever #41 pick they could get) for Clausen or McCoy.... or they can look at the other "later round" QB's like Kafka, LeFevour (sp), or Pike.

Or none at all. Like has been said, there will be a very good player at pick #41 and the Bills wont have to give up anything.

I would be open with them hanging onto Brohm/Edwards/Fitz, and if necessary get a QB next draft (Locker).

Jimmy Clausen QB

Sergio Kindle DE

Rob Gronkowski TE

Rodger Saffold OT#1

Daryl Washington LB

Taylor Mays FS

Charles Brown OT#2

Sean Lee LB

Everson Griffen DE #3

Terrence Cody DT

Corey Wootton DE

Navorro Bowman LB

Golden Tate WR

Brian Price DT

Bruce Campbell OT

Lamarr Houston DT

Jon Asamoah OG

Emmanuel Sanders WR

These are the next best available according to the NFL.com rankings.

I've ranked the three players that I think The Bills have targeted.

They're not moving up to get Clausen. IMHO.

They'd be better served to trade Lynch for Campbell.

I think if we get to Round 4 and there's a LeFevour or Pike still out there, I'd be willing to grab one of them.

Otherwise, address the lines.

I agree and add Skelton's name to the list for possible 4th rd pick.

I'm hoping for John Skelton QB/Fordham in the fourth round. He's a big kid from Texas, with a big arm and who has some mobility. The guy did well in the East-West Shrine game. With Flacco's NFL success, Skelton seems worth a fourth round taker.

FYI, the Bills did have him in for a visit.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports...0ds6fSAE22GaC9O

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/355120-...et-john-skelton

Jimmy Clausen QB

Sergio Kindle DE

Rob Gronkowski TE

Rodger Saffold OT#1

Daryl Washington LB

Taylor Mays FS

Charles Brown OT#2

Sean Lee LB

Everson Griffen DE #3

Terrence Cody DT

Corey Wootton DE

Navorro Bowman LB

Golden Tate WR

Brian Price DT

Bruce Campbell OT

Lamarr Houston DT

Jon Asamoah OG

Emmanuel Sanders WR

If Kindle drops down to us, that's an easy pick. I would love Cody or Tate as well. We'll see! Saffold and Brown will not be there.

These are the next best available according to the NFL.com rankings.

I've ranked the three players that I think The Bills have targeted.

They're not moving up to get Clausen. IMHO.

They'd be better served to trade Lynch for Campbell.

The Bills should pass on a QB until they address other, in my opinion, far greater needs like OT and DT (NG).

If they insist on another QB out of this below average class, I'd pass on both Clausen and McCoy. Neither of them is a sure thing. Clausen, another California QB with all that comes with it, will have issues if he is relegated to a small market and McCoy simply isn't physically gifted enough to be an effective AFC East QB.

If they want a QB project well suited physically to playing in Buffalo weather, they should go in a later round for Crompton. Physically he has all the throws and he is extremely mobile for a guy his size. He has a cannon for an arm and can be incredibly accurate when he is either protected or has a plan.

The knock on this kid (who was rated the #2 or 3 player coming out of HS a few years ago) is that he doesn't see the field when under pressure. His vision seems to narrow down to a third of the field when the big guys start pressuring him. He improved at UT tremendously in that area, though, when they started moving him around---and with Buffalo's line, the QB is going to be moving whether it is "planned" or not.

He's not a sexy pick by any means and there is no way he gets labelled a "sure thing", but he is physically gifted, tough, resilient, capable of learning and he would bust his butt for the chance to play anywhere in the NFL.

I can see Nix reproducing his first draft in San Diego when they sucked and they took their home-run hitting RB in the first and Brees in the second. If Nix perceives the value in one of the remaining QBs, I can see him pulling the trigger to actually move up and take him. I can also see them doing exactly as you suggest. I'm ok with either scenario.

GO BILLS!!!

the mentality that "you shouldn't draft a QB this year because there's not a lot of good ones" is stupid. no matter how many "good" QB's are in the draft, your team can (typically) only take one anyway. it doesn't matter if there's 3 good choices or 20, your odds are still the same.

That is my best guess.

Comments?

I agree. But I think they take the OT from Indiana, Safford or Cody (NT) or Cam Thomas (NT). If Safford is there I think he is the pick, if not, they will take Cody or Thomas.

That is my best guess.

Comments?

Why? Because they said they would.

That is my best guess.

Comments?

The QBs on the roster are not question marks. They are known to suck. Maybe Brohm is still a question mark, the other two are very established commodities. A question mark is a big upgrade at this point.

And I respectfully disagree with your assertion that drafting a RB will address the deficiencies at QB. Chris Johnson had arguably the best RB season in NFL history last year, but it didn't make Kerry Collins look any better.

The Bills are in a tough spot because they have two decent back-up QBs in Fitz and Edwards, and one decent project QB in Brohm. Brohm is at least as good a chance at becoming a good NFL starter as anyone they would eventually choose after Clausen or Cody. In the NFL, you really need a starter, a back-up with decent ability to play a few games, and a QB project of the future. If we take a Skelton or Pike or someone like that, what do we do with Brohm and the fact we still have no starter?

To me, either we don't take a QB at all right now unless we intend to trade up for Clausen (which I might do) or Colt (which I wouldnt do), or else acquire Campbell as your starter for 1-2 years for peanuts while you groom Brohm or Skelton or whoever you think has a decent chance, and get rid of Edwards and Fitz altogether, even if it is on the eve of the season and risk Brohm being your back-up.