Campbell

I am one of the apparent few who thinks that both Edwards and Campbell can be good QBs in this league. Yet, that guy from Scouts, Inc. is nuts to suggest that the Bills give up a second round pick for Campbell. I seriously doubt that any team is going to give up that much for Campbell no matter what the upside.

The Redskins also don't have much leverage now that they have both McNabb and Grossman on the roster. It is pretty obvious that Campbell is the third man out.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,232069

I really don't know what to think. Poor bastard has had how many different HC's and Coordinators? Gailey has done more with less than what he brings to the table so who knows.

I will say this....Edwards and Brohm lovers, give it up already. It is more than apperant they don't plan on having your guys start.

Yes, you would say that wouldn't you, even though competition for the starting position is bound to take place.

Do you honestly think Jason Campbell would be given the start on a silver platter and I'm not even so sure he can beat out the QB's we have on the roster now.

Campbell has the same problem reading defenses as Michael Vick does and it wouldn't surprise me if he has a difficult time learning our new offense.

JC wouldn't be bad for a 4th, at most a 3rd. Alot of people seem to think that if they do get him he's the annointed starter. That would not be true. He would have to battle the other three and hopefully Timmy T as well. Competition only improves players.

I agree with the guy from scouts inc that I would try to make a trade but not my 2nd. I would trade my 4th rounder for him then QB is set.

Trade DOWN to get a couple more picks in the draft and grab LT, NT, OLB with the next 3 picks.

A fourth round pick sounds reasonable. What I wouldn't do is trade down. Get the best OT on the board and then the next pick should be the best player on the D-line, and as you indicated OLB. In general, just make solid picks when their turn comes up, and don't reach for need. We have plenty of needs to address.

One player I am intriqued with is the receiver from Texas, Shipley. He would be a terrific third round pick. He is a productive college player who should appeal to Nix. As the scouts inc. analysis indicated you need to give Campbell a competent line to give him a fair chance to succeed. Living in Maryland and watching a number of Skins' games their OL was just as atrocius as our OL was.

You're an idiot, and I for one am glad you are not associated with the bills talent e v a l.

The Bills would be better off up to this point with my talent e v a l. Ngata would be on this team as would others that would have helped this team and Edwards sure as hell wouldn't have his kitty ass on this team

Yes, you would say that wouldn't you, even though competition for the starting position is bound to take place.

Do you honestly think Jason Campbell would be given the start on a silver platter and I'm not even so sure he can beat out the QB's we have on the roster now.

Campbell has the same problem reading defenses as Michael Vick does and it wouldn't surprise me if he has a difficult time learning our new offense.

Yes they will compete to be the BACKUP. We start with any of these clowns and we will have the #1 pick next year. Hell that might not be a bad thing.

I really don't know what to think. Poor bastard has had how many different HC's and Coordinators? Gailey has done more with less than what he brings to the table so who knows.

I will say this....Edwards and Brohm lovers, give it up already. It is more than apperant they don't plan on having your guys start.

I think you said it best gailey has done more with less

According to ESPN 980, several teams are interested in Campbell's services — the Bills, Raiders, Panthers and Jaguars (plus an "unknown team") are reportedly in line to make offers.
Let the Jaguars pick him up, I'd rather have Garrard if the price is right, then draft a QB for the future. DG was a warrior in the playoffs a couple years ago.

Nix was mainly an SEC scout and Campbell played @ Auburn. Nix probably has a pretty good idea of whether he wants him as our QB or not. If something doesn't come from this it's because Nix said no to the idea. There will be plenty of people crying about why on both sides of the arguement, but whatever decision they make we'll all have to deal with it anyway.

Sad but true.

I say get him, release Trent and Ryan and go in the season with Campbell, Brohm and a 1st or 2nd round rookie. You then let the 3 youngsters go at it. All three should take the competition seriously because all 3 have something to prove as well as all 3 should have a chip on their shoulder. I think it would push one of them to reach their supposed potential. All 3 are still coachable. We already know what we have with TE and RF.

I'd try and shop Trent for anything but I'd keep Fitz as a backup because I think he is perfect for that role. i really don't want any Qbs from this draft (maybe Lefevour). I'd test out Campbell and if he fails, go for one of the studs coming out next year.

Campbell has improved every year in the league and it's not like the Skins have been a steady team. The mcNabb trade was a good one for them and they had to do it. But if Campbell was available cheap (a 5th or so), I'd definitely take a flyer on him.

Unless they are 100% sold on Clausen (and I'm not), I would rather get some quality big guys in a draft loaded with them than take a QB at #9 in one of the worst QBs classes in a long time.

:thumbsup:

Great take. I agree 100% that Campbell is worth a 5th rounder. I'd even trade a 4th for him, and I would still draft a QB this year within the first 3 rounds. Then I'd cut loose Fitzy and Brohm, and let Campbell and Edwards battle it out this summer, while our new rookie QB learns the ropes a couple of seasons.

I am more happy that McNabb in is DC because it greatly enhances the chance that one of the two QBs might be available to us in the draft. I would rather have Losman back than Campbell, and I don't want Losman by any stretch of the imagination.

I did like how the bearded Losman looked like Adam Sandler in Don't Mess With the Zohan

He is the African American version of JP Losman. Stats lie. he fumbles too much, takes horrible sacks, no ability to scramble properly, and a 2 cent brain.

To top it off, Campbell actually has WR's and TE's who know what a hash mark is and how to cross on a pattern.

You're right, stats don't lie. Campbell has progressed every year despite the fact that he had a different coordinator each time.

He is the African American version of JP Losman. Stats lie. he fumbles too much, takes horrible sacks, no ability to scramble properly, and a 2 cent brain.

To top it off, Campbell actually has WR's and TE's who know what a hash mark is and how to cross on a pattern.

He had 3 lost fumbles in 16 games. Doesn't seem exorbitant by any means.

Campbell didn't suck ass in college like Edwards did. Campbell was prime to become a good QB in the NFL, Edwards has always sucked

But Edwards was better in High School. What does that have to do with anything?

I actually can respect the fact that you're consistent about Edwards. But you can't cut Campbell slack for the same conditions Edwards had to deal with in Bflo, then kill Edwards for the same things. I don't care on Edwards either way, but he is currently the Bills starter and will be unless they think JC or Bulger is a better option.

I'm not sure if Campbell or Bulger are better....or just different.

I am one of the apparent few who thinks that both Edwards and Campbell can be good QBs in this league. Yet, that guy from Scouts, Inc. is nuts to suggest that the Bills give up a second round pick for Campbell. I seriously doubt that any team is going to give up that much for Campbell no matter what the upside.

The Redskins also don't have much leverage now that they have both McNabb and Grossman on the roster. It is pretty obvious that Campbell is the third man out.

It is tough to gauge what the value for Campbell might be. It seems like most fans (and message board geeks) see him as trash, but football people seem to like him. So, he isn't going to sell tickets, like a Donovan McNabb, but at his age, and with his perceived upside, he might just garner a 2nd round pick after all. It just depends if there are two teams that view him as a viable, long-term, solution to their QB woes.

But Edwards was better in High School. What does that have to do with anything?

I actually can respect the fact that you're consistent about Edwards. But you can't cut Campbell slack for the same conditions Edwards had to deal with in Bflo, then kill Edwards for the same things. I don't care on Edwards either way, but he is currently the Bills starter and will be unless they think JC or Bulger is a better option.

I'm not sure if Campbell or Bulger are better....or just different.

I like Campbell a lot more than Bulger, at this point in their careers. Bulger is, literally, a stiff (think Drew Bledsoe last 4 years of his career, a statue), because of all the injuries. He can barely move...I think he would be a bad fit for the Bills. I think Campbell is a better than anyone on our roster right now...

Clearly Campbell is better than anything we have. I don't like any of the "top guys" in the draft too much. Maybe Tebow.

What about Zac Robinson later in the draft? Is he worth a flyer? Earlier in the year I heard about a sleeper named Jay Clocker but news about him seems to have dried up.

I don't think Campbell is necessicarily better than anything we have. He throws a nice deep ball but lacks the quick instincts to find the open guy much like our QB's. He also seems to have a slow release. He's a better than average back up , thats it. Not worth a draft pick, at least not one of ours.

Campbell is better then any QB on our roster. If we can pick him up cheap I would welcome him in for a camp competition.

The Bills also have way too many holes ot fill, and Clausen really isn't worth it for this team.

Bring in Campbell and if we suck it up real bad in 2010 we should be in the lead for the Jake Locker sweepstakes, and we can fill in some glaring needs this year

Wrong, Campbell would be the worst QB on our roster.

Bulger is done as a starter and is not a betteroption then whats on this team

Campbell is an option, I don't think he was ever given a fair chance in Washington. I think they tried to make him the saviour too early. It doesn't help that his confidence was probably shot completly last season knowing that they had been trying to get Cutler last year. For a 4th (McNabb was picked up for a 2nd, no way do you give up one for Campbell) to come in and compete for the starter job, which he would probablywin, I would say its a good move.

I would personally be on the phone with Baltimore and try to swing a deal to get Troy Smith and Gaither for maybe a second and a couple other picks this year and next. Smith is still young and has some experience as a starter, was a good college QB and only lost his starter job due to an injury and the backup stepping up to play even better.

I could see the Bills waiting on these deals until they see whats available in the draft. Its tough to say if they feel Clausen is a franchise QB, and it does sound like they are higher on Tebow and McCoy, so they may wait and see what happens with the first round of the draft first

I hope Campbell comes to Buffalo. Would be a nice pick up. What do the Bills have to lose?

What are you saying... Campbell can throw a 3 yard checkdown and lay on his back better than Edwards? Interesting how people can make excuses for Campbell's situation and dismiss Edwards when HIS situation (coaches, coordinators) was far worse. I mean....Doughboy was our OC last year!!!!! My god man!!!

Edwards situation wasn't worse. He had the same head coach his entire career. Incompetent HC, but the same HC. Campbell has had three head coaches, and several offensive coordinators too. And Campbell has thrown for far more yards than Trent in their careers with similar adversities. Why is that?

I like Campbell a lot more than Bulger, at this point in their careers. Bulger is, literally, a stiff, because of all the injuries. He can barely move...I think he would be a bad fit for the Bills. I think Campbell is a better than anyone on our roster right now...

He may be better, but the differences aren't crazy. He's never really lit it up and his completion % and YPC isn't that much higher.

My question is this: Can Campbell be THEE guy? Can he take us deep into the playoffs? If he can't, play with the guys we have until the new guy is ready. I'm in NO hurry to get back to 8-8.

If they traded for Campbell, I would burn all my Bills gear and become a Bucs fan. Campbell is garbage. :thumbsup:

Not sure I would burn all my Bills gear but it does seem the guy never got a fair shake in DC with all the changes he endured and still had better stats than Edwards.

Anyway, on other subject, I would be interested what folks out there thought of grabbing Skelton in the 6th or 7th or as a free agent should he go undrafted?

I know he is a project but he is huge and seems to be drawing some interest from other teams.

Not sure I would burn all my Bills gear but it does seem the guy never got a fair shake in DC with all the changes he endured and still had better stats than Edwards.

Anyway, on other subject, I would be interested what folks out there thought of grabbing Skelton in the 6th or 7th or as a free agent should he go undrafted?

I know he is a project but he is huge and seems to be drawing some interest from other teams.

A dead possum is better than Edwards

You could say that Edwards did'nt get a fair shake in Buffalo. Excuses are for losers!