Byrd overrated

More than half of Byrds int's were due to the qb making a bad play, not byrd making a good play. All he has shown is that he can catch the ball. He is slow and takes terrible angles to the ball. Still needs alot of work and probably wont develop into a superstar like people think.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More than half of Byrds int's were due to the qb making a bad play, not byrd making a good play. All he has shown is that he can catch the ball. He is slow and takes terrible angles to the ball. Still needs alot of work and probably wont develop into a superstar like people think.

Que??? OY VEY... Comment Estas???? Buena Vista!!!

You are a RETARD. The guy has the best hands of any safety in the league. I don't believe he dropped one ball that was anywhere near him. He caught several that were inches from the ground. He is definitely not slow. But you very well maybe with posts such as this.

Cute...they're letting the special needs kids have access to computers today....

Wow you really don't understand football at all. News flash QB's make bad throws. Byrd got all of those intercepts because he was playing his position correctly. He was in the right place at the right time. FS's are supposed to keep the field in front of them. Stop the big play, snag tipped or overthrown balls.

Please go watch ping pong or something. I am sure it's more your speed.

Just having Byrd sitting back there with his sure hands and eye for the ball will make QBs and OCs lives miserable. They realize they won't be able to get away with anything and get any bad throws back. That will make them have to play more conservative and play more like Trent Edwards. Anytime you make an opposing QB play like Trent Edwards you have achieved a lot.

By the way 9 interceptions, no matter what else he does or does not do, make him a pro bowl FS. Ints. change games around more than anything else, esp. playing against good teams.

I agree he has some work to do which is expected from a player that just finished his rookie season. So no other DB's in the league have bad plays by a QB around them? its very impresssive he has the abilities to take advantage of the bad plays. I dont care if its dumb luck, instinct or, great ability, I'll take it.

Great first post (sarcasm!!) I don't know what drugs you're on, but you should sober up, then watch the Bills games. Byrd-overrated...what an idiot!!!!!!

No offence, but you're an idiot. You clearly didn't watch him play. Aren't all INTs the result of a bad QB play? Save for one's where a receiver screws up. Geez. He's a rookie who missed a lot of the off-season workouts and practices and he played hurt a lot, yet still produced big time. He was a corner who switched to safety. Not the easiest transition for a rookie. He made plays all over the field and showed good tackling ability. And he's only going to get better. He had a great year and is a star player already.

Why the conversation? There were no Ed Reed comparisons. You need to get more attention.

Your first post and you purposely call attention to yourself by downplaying what Byrd has done...

Wow...I think you should delete your account and start a new...

Troll alert!!!!

Don't feed em' they just grow... :pirate:

I think Byrd is a great player who may turn into a top 3 player at his position, if not the best. However, don't expect him to get as many picks as he did last year. My guess would be around 4-5. I do think he is over-rated in regards to people who think he is already a top 5 safety in the league.

Actually, the entire secondary is overrated. Remember the opening game vs the Pats, Moss and Welker had like 25 catches between them? Yeah, great lockdown coverage. We don't have a single DB that WR's are losing sleep over facing. Don't overreact though and try and say I'm advocating taking a CB in the draft, cause I'm not. Just saying our secondary isn't that great, middle of the pack is about right.

LMAO at this thread and the fact its still going on...its crystal clear the OP just wanted to stir crap up, hence the reason he isnt even posting in this thread and probably sitting back getting his rocks off watching everyone wig out.

Only a complete idiot would make this claim (which there are some on this board), but they would at least be in the thread arguing with total jackass statements, made up stats, rediculous claims and continuous gibberish (see: southgeorgiabillsfan, billsfan=pain, etc.).

This person clearly isnt and wrote this thread to stif the pot because he's never been kissed and needs to do something to float his boat...

Your quote is OVERRATED :pirate:;)

Actually, the entire secondary is overrated. Remember the opening game vs the Pats, Moss and Welker had like 25 catches between them? Yeah, great lockdown coverage. We don't have a single DB that WR's are losing sleep over facing. Don't overreact though and try and say I'm advocating taking a CB in the draft, cause I'm not. Just saying our secondary isn't that great, middle of the pack is about right.

News flash...Byrd didnt play in that game

I know Byrd didn't play in that game. I'm not down on him, it was more of a knock on our corners. If anything, Byrd is even more valuable because of our average CB's. I'm very happy to have him matter of fact. But as an entire unit, all I was saying is they are very middle of the road.

I told you to stop using the computer Grandma Whitner....

Ya man you might want to read other posts before you make your first post downgrading the only good player on this horible team!

With that said welcome!!! and ignore many of the bad comments while i don't agree with you at all... you are still a bills fan and that makes you cool in my book.

I saw 1 Bills games last season...TB, and he wasn't playing.

How did Byrd do against the run? BUF suffered a league leading (losing?) ave. of 5.6 rush yds on 1st down. Off the snap, or down field? Is he a sure tackler? Did RBs and TEs get the better of him? :pirate:

BUF suffered a league leading (losing?) ave. of 5.6 rush yds on 1st down.

are you nuts or something