The Pop/Soda Thread

/dev/null

We can't beat it by hiding from it.

Of course I'm drinking Vanilla Coke as I type so mebbe I'll jes hush up now... :ph34r:

No S#it.

:lol:

In some places in the south, they call all soda pop "coke".

How, exactly, does that work? Can that EVER be an effective of ordering, say, a root beer?

BTW, I am drinking a most excellent bourbon, Van Winkle Special Reserve, 12-Year Old, Lot B, that a client gave me the other day. I have to say, it does not suck.

http://www.bourbonenthusiast.com/forum/DBv...displaybottling

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a beer thread going on :ph34r:

But what about non-alcoholic carbonated beverages? Whether you call it pop (correct) or soda (incorrect), what's your favorite?

I'm kind of partial to IBC Root Beer and Black Cherry

I'm not much of a soda guy, but when I have a POP, I like I.B.C. or Coke on ice! :lol:

No S#it.

:ph34r:

Actually, the word "coke" is used quite heavily through out the south.

How, exactly, does that work? Can that EVER be an effective of ordering, say, a root beer?

Yep.

Waitress: Hey darlins', whacha drinkin'?

Me: Cokes

Waitress: What kind?

Me: Coke

Son: Dr. Pepper

Its always been soda to me. I have recently been cutting out soda from my diet all together (Been replacing it with Water and V-8 splash light) due to wanting to cut down on sugar intake. I am just very froward thinking and feel like if I don't change my unhealthy habits now I might never.

BUT when I do indulge I love Coke (Vanilla coke in the summer), men drink Coke Pepsi is for girls and children. Pepsi is way too syrupy and sweet Coke has a rich taste. I also like Dr.Pepper while Mt,Dew (only if its cold), Sprite, 7up, and Vanilla Pepsi are all OK.

Whatever weenie boy. http://www.popvssoda.com/

CONCLUSION

People who say "Pop" are much, much cooler.

:ph34r:

All that link proves is one thing, people in the eastern half of the US are the ones that care about this the most.

I love Pepsi and all Pepsi products.

I miss Pepsi Twist, I even liked Pepsi Blue, but Mountain Dew Voltage makes up for it.

My favorite Root Beer is Henry Weinhard's.

Pepsi Twist, that's the one with lemon? I thought it's still available, at least around here.

First of all, its pop.

In this order... all from a can. I'm partial to canned ginger ale rather than fountain ginger ale

1) Canada Dry Ginger Ale

2) Schwepps Ginger Ale

As far as cola, "No Coke, Pepsi!"

I like pepsi out of a fountain rather than canned though. go figure.

Cherry Crush.

For some reason I can only find it in UpState New York and most recently in FLA.

All the have here is Strawberry Crush ("red pop") and that tastes like the yucky medicine you took as a child! :ph34r:

Anyway... On the Crush brand and the unique local flavors... In Canada I noticed they sell Cream Soda Crush... I wonder how that is??

I used to drink an insane amount of POP when I was a kid, I was always partial to Mountain Dew but Coca Cola and Squirt were always good to. Used to drink orange pop when I was a kid but that stuff is disgusting to me now.

IMO, Canfield's (RC-Dr.Pepper brand I think) 50/50 is better than Squirt!

Don't get me started on pop... I gotta root beer belly to prove it! :ph34r:

No S#it.

:thumbsup:

BTW, I am drinking a most excellent bourbon, Van Winkle Special Reserve, 12-Year Old, Lot B, that a client gave me the other day. I have to say, it does not suck.

http://www.bourbonenthusiast.com/forum/DBv...displaybottling

I like Coke... I would always use that term when I wanted soda... Go figure, I was from Buffalo.

"Give a hamburger, ff, and a coke!"

Anyway, my sister worked with someone from down south and my sister told her that she was going to get something to drink and if she wanted something. The lady said: "Yes, I would like a Coke." Anyway, my sister came back with a Coke. The lady then said: "I wanted orange!" :ph34r::lol:

Not sure if this was posted:

Pop v. Soda

Enjoy... Breaks it down to the county I think!

Actually, the word "coke" is used quite heavily through out the south.

Yep.

Waitress: Hey darlins', whacha drinkin'?

Me: Cokes

As you already ordered Cokes, there should have been no further inquiry into the issue. The waitress should bring you what you ordered...Cokes.