The Pop/Soda Thread

/dev/null

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drink much more soda than I do beer. Though coffee tops the list.

Vanilla Coke. I haven't seen it in almost six months.

Vanilla Coke is now Coca Cola Vanilla.

I drink very little pop. Occasionally I will have a diet ginger ale (or Vernors), or something. Maybe once every month or so.

I drink a lot of unsweetened ice tea (or diet ice tea) and water.

And booze. I drink booze.

As you already ordered Cokes, there should have been no further inquiry into the issue. The waitress should bring you what you ordered...Cokes.

And he should drink it w/o complaint since she was sweet enough to call him darlin. Unless his wife is with him. Then he should send it back to teh kitchen for being too cold.

I drink much more soda than I do beer. Though coffee tops the list.

Vanilla Coke. I haven't seen it in almost six months.

I drink very little pop. Occasionally I will have a diet ginger ale (or Vernors), or something. Maybe once every month or so.

Vanilla Coke went away for about a year or so in the middle of the decade. Thought it was gone for good, but they changed the word order and added it back to the repertoire.

It's still hard to find in some places. On road trips to WNY the past couple of years (when I have to have caffeine for the drive), you look in a lot of quick-stop places and they don't have it. In fact, I haven't seen it in 2-liter or 20oz plastic bottles... only in supermarket 12 - 12oz. can packs.

And he should drink it w/o complaint since she was sweet enough to call him darlin. Unless his wife is with him. Then he should send it back to teh kitchen for being too cold.

:lol:

Outstanding!

All that link proves is one thing, people in the eastern half of the US are the ones that care about this the most.

Pepsi Twist, that's the one with lemon? I thought it's still available, at least around here.

Yes it's the one with lemon. They do not carry it out here anymore. I thought it was discontinued.

If they still have it out there, could you send me a case?

Have been cutting back a lot, as my dentist (my cousin) threatened to kick my ass, but my favorite is Vanilla Coke.

Do you like Vanilla Coke from the store or from a diner where they make it for you.

I personally love it when they make it for you, very refreshing.

As you already ordered Cokes, there should have been no further inquiry into the issue. The waitress should bring you what you ordered...Cokes.

You need to get out of the St. Augustine area, and travel in the deep south a little more.

As the map shows (the one being linked more than once in this thread), the debate is not about pop vs soda, it should be pop vs soda vs coke.

Besides, when somebody asks for a Kleenex, would really expect somebody to say "Sorry, all I have are Puffs"?

I've never heard anybody call it pop out here in California. Soda and coke,even when it's not a Coke,but never pop. I like Coke with Lime and regular Coca Cola the best. Anybody ever try Coke Black? It was Coca Cola mixed with a shot of espresso. Was actually pretty good,but haven't seen it in a while.

Thanks Sarge, and welcome back, hope all's been well.

I was referring to that canned picture of vanilla coke you have there on display. But it's gone. They took it back, won't sell it anymore.

You need to get out of the St. Augustine area, and travel in the deep south a little more.

As the map shows (the one being linked more than once in this thread), the debate is not about pop vs soda, it should be pop vs soda vs coke.

Besides, when somebody asks for a Kleenex, would really expect somebody to say "Sorry, all I have are Puffs"?

I'm not disputing that some call all soda pop "coke". I KNOW they do in the south. I am simply commenting on how stupid that is.

I also call tissues, "tissues". If someone asks for a Kleenex and I have a different brand, I ask it that is acceptable. When I bartended I used Seagram's 7 and, if available, Seven Up if they ordered a "7 and 7". I'm just that kind of guy.

Do you like Vanilla Coke from the store or from a diner where they make it for you.

I personally love it when they make it for you, very refreshing.

I've never had fresh-made like that. My father once said it tastes pretty similar, as he remembered.

Although I don't drink a lot of it, I would say that Dr. Pepper is my favorite pop.

You mean, "Dr Pepper." No period in there.