The Pop/Soda Thread

/dev/null

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a beer thread going on :sick:

But what about non-alcoholic carbonated beverages? Whether you call it pop (correct) or soda (incorrect), what's your favorite?

I'm kind of partial to IBC Root Beer and Black Cherry

When I was growing up outside of Philly everything was a Coke. When you'd order a drink you'd say "I want a Coke" The person behind the counter would ask what kind.

When I moved to Rochester I found out a Coke was a Coke up here. The first time someone asked me if I wanted a pop I thought they meant a punch. :D

ETA: My brother doesn't remember that but he's an idiot.

I grew up between Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE. This proves people have referred to pop as Coke.

http://strangemaps.wordpress.com/2008/08/1...op-vs-soda-map/

# coke: this generic term for soft drinks predominates throughout the South, New Mexico, central Indiana and in a few other single counties in Nevada, Utah and Wyoming. ‘Coke’ obviously derives from Coca-Cola, the brand-name of the soft drink originally manufactured in Atlanta (which explains its use as a generic term for all soft drinks in the South).

Go read the labels of any soda and tell me what they say, then tell me that pop is correct.

I'm not from WNY and you guys calling it pop drives me f*#*@!% nuts. POP IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read my Pepsi bottle.. no references to "Soda" or "Pop", anywhere..

However, I use the word Soda rather than Pop.

Really Steely? YOu can do better then that, Gangsta kitty is embarrassed right now... :D

Gangsta Kitty is always embarrassed by me. If he could buy stuff on his own he'd shoot me and leave, but I love him. :wallbash:

Go read the labels of any soda and tell me what they say, then tell me that pop is correct.

I'm not from WNY and you guys calling it pop drives me f*#*@!% nuts. POP IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever weenie boy. http://www.popvssoda.com/

CONCLUSION

People who say "Pop" are much, much cooler.

:sick:

"Pop" makes the most sense. Actually it is "soda pop". "Soda" is also short for "club soda" so it is confusing. "Pop" is the only clear shorthand for a carbonated soft drink that shouldn't be confused for another soft drink.

This is an insensitive thread to the all the Bills brothers and sisters out their looking to shed this horrible addiction.

We can't beat it by hiding from it.

Of course I'm drinking Vanilla Coke as I type so mebbe I'll jes hush up now... :D