Per Shefter

BillsNYC

Watching ESPN

- Holmgren, Gruden, Shanahan were all reached out to by Bills.

- Shanahan will be in Buffalo this week, they will make it hard for for him to leave without job.

- If it doest pan out, keep an eye on Charlie Weiss.

- Bills interested in Bill Polian's son, but tensions from Bill's firing may prevent it.

Watching ESPN

- Shanahan will be in Buffalo this week, they will make it hard for for him to leave without job.

- Bills interested in Bill Polian's son, but tensions from Bill's firing may prevent it.

And Mort said if Chris Polian were hired the coach would likely be Leslie Frazier(sp?).

Watching ESPN

Where's Mike Tice these days? :thumbsup:

I think we need to take into account a lot of necessary Information Smoke Screening going on. The Reason - The Bills have to be very prudent in their Searching Approach because:

1.) The Rooney rule. Fewell will get his interview and it doesn't have to wait to the end of the year.

2.) Certain folks are still under contract by their previous franchise (s). I am sure the candidates do not want anything to happen to any left over money still owed to them by their previous franchise.

Holgrem is out, see news article where he openly puts in an application for the cleveland job.

Gruden is out, see news article where he says he's gonna stay put in broadcasting and is not interested in coaching (hmmm I do remember him saying that his hands itched to get to work with the Bills after the monday night game at New England*).

Holgrem is out, see news article where he openly puts in an application for the cleveland job.

Gruden is out, see news article where he says he's gonna stay put in broadcasting and is not interested in coaching (hmmm I do remember him saying that his hands itched to get to work with the Bills after the monday night game at New England*).

Holmgren was being interviewed by the Cleveland media. Thus, he was complementary.

I have not seen anything that would rule him out.

Why is all the information conflicting? This doesn't even make sense. Fewell was promised an interview and this doesn't address the Rooney Rule.

First off Fewell was interviewed for the Postion and he is on the Field thru the end of the season with the opprotunity to have the Job. But with all things considered they can bring in anyone they feel will do the best job. The seem to be looking for a coach that will serve as a Hybrid GM/HC. There is no gauranty to Fewell.

Why is all the information conflicting? This doesn't even make sense. Fewell was promised an interview and this doesn't address the Rooney Rule.

Fewell, or some other black coach will be interviewed...worry not.

The most useless rule in the NFL will not be ignored.

And before any of you morons go off calling me racist, what I mean by the above is that the rule does nothing to help black coaches actually get HIRED.

We've seen how well Charlie Weis does with superior recruiting classes, but without the knowledge of what the other team's defense is going to be running. Not exactly inspiring, is it? Casts more than a little doubt in my mind on the those saying the value of the Spygate tapes was negligible, but that's just me. No way I'd want that cheater in B'lo personally.....

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports Charlie Weis may not stay in Notre Dame for much longer, and the Bills may be looking to hire him. He was a finalist for the job when the Bills hired Mike Mularkey and could be a candidate again.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports Charlie Weis may not stay in Notre Dame for much longer, and the Bills may be looking to hire him. He was a finalist for the job when the Bills hired Mike Mularkey and could be a candidate again.

I absolutely loved Weiss as a O-C at New England....But, as HC..please no...another experiment we can't afford...

If I listened to this clown, Shannahan would be in KC right now.

Boomer Esiason on CBS: "He's not going to Buffalo" Ref Shanahan.... just now.

you forgot to mention he had the expression on his face similar to him smelling the worst fart ever as he said it

luckily, sharpe, who spoke to shanahan and has real information, said that Shanahan will interview this week

!@#$ Boomer. That said, Ralph should make an offer Shanahan can't refuse. Rooney Rule? don't you lose like a 3rd or 4th round pick if you violate it? If so, screw it!! I see them 'interviewing' Fewell this week if need be. Yeah there will be come bitching about it being a BS interview...but it is.

As for the rule its self, I want to see an NFL team fight it in court. I don't know of any company in the world besides the NFL that forces you to interview a minority.

!@#$ Boomer. That said, Ralph should make an offer Shanahan can't refuse. Rooney Rule? don't you lose like a 3rd or 4th round pick if you violate it? If so, screw it!! I see them 'interviewing' Fewell this week if need be. Yeah there will be come bitching about it being a BS interview...but it is.

As for the rule its self, I want to see an NFL team fight it in court. I don't know of any company in the world besides the NFL that forces you to interview a minority.

Fewell will interview, but part of that interview will be how the team performs for the rest of the year.

I thought they weren't going to do any hiring until the offseason? Plus, with them already having a black head coach, would they need to interview another? couldn't they just say they interviewed him when they gave him the interim job?

As for Holmgren, just cause he said he would be interested in Clevland, doesn't mean he wouldn't go anywhere else if offered

I don't know a whole lot about Weiss but I do know a touch about college football. College is far more about having great players than it is about scheme. If it were about scheme then Spurrier would already have another national championship. Notre Dame doesn't have the luxury of recruiting the best players in the nation anymore. Their academic requirements are too high and graduating seniors would rather go to college anywhere in the SEC than in Indiana

USC sucks this year, is it because Carroll just became a terrible coach? No it's because they don't have the horses. Whtehr or not Weiss could be a could or great coach in Buffalo is an unknown. I don't know if Buffalo is going to be able to get a Shanahan, Cowher, Dungy et al.

If we do get Weiss one thing is for certain, our games against the Patriots will get a lot more interesting.

Boomer Esiason on CBS: "He's not going to Buffalo" Ref Shanahan.... just now.

I believe it's fair to say Esiason is a major jacka$$. I've heard plenty of media people like Boomer and John Kincade saying Shanny won't go to B-lo, so I can't wait for these "know it all" idiots to eat crow for the next 5 yrs years or so when we do get a big name. Talk about playing favorites, Howie Long, Kincade, and Esiason bash the Bills every chance they get because it's personal and NOT objective. What makes Cleveland or Washington a more attractive place to go? Cleveland sucks, I'm there every other week. It's cold and bleak. If you go to Washington you not only have to deal with no QB and a bad owner but a salary cap. I'm tired of it. I know Buffalo isn't Dallas but is it that bad?

I believe it's fair to say Esiason is a major jacka$$. I've heard plenty of media people like Boomer and John Kincade saying Shanny won't go to B-lo, so I can't wait for these "no it all" idiots to eat crow for the next 5 yrs years or so when we do get a big name. Talk about playing favorites, Howie Long, Kincade, and Esiason bash the Bills every chance they get because it's personal and NOT objective. What makes Cleveland or Washington a more attractive place to go? Cleveland sucks, I'm there every other week. It's cold and bleak. If you go to Washington you not only have to deal with no QB and a bad owner but a salary cap. I'm tired of it. I know Buffalo isn't Dallas but is it that bad?

Boomer is fairly negative, most of the time, no matter what team he is talking about.

One of my favorite Boomer lines, concerning ex-Bills left tackle, Jason Peters (you guys remember him), while doing a Westwood One Monday night broadcast a few weeks bacK.... Peters was having a very bad first half:

"This guy, Peters, was an oversized, undrafted free-agent tight end out of college... Buffalo converted him to left tacke, and he got a huge payoff from Philly... tonight, he is playing like an oversized, undrafted free-agent tight end out of college... Jeffrey Lurie might be talking to his pro-scouting people tomorrow morning. Maybe Peters isn't the only one over-paid."