A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) The Bills player who played the best today was Donte Whitner. Please take note that he made his best plays when he wasn't lined up A MILE FROM SCRIMAGE.

2) I'm not going to blame Evans for not catching the TD pass in the 2nd quarter. Normally I would, but this time the coverage was perfect.

3) Are you people watching Levitre? Seriouisly, he is playing like a seasoned vet. What a great freaking draft pick! Wood is a monster too. This my friends is how to build a football team.

4) Looking a the way we finished out the closing seconds of the first half, I am thinking that Jauron should hang himself. Of course, I don't mean this in the literal sense.

5) What does one say about TO? I don't think anybody in the history of the Bills ever could get open like him. Still, those drops are painful. In this sense, he is a perfect fit. :lol:

6) I would like to know who called the TD pass to Evans. I am hoping it was Trent. Even his biggest critics would probably admit that Trent is very smart. I hope he called the play because that would seem to indicate that we might have something special. That said, he got his ass kicked today in terms of taking hits.

7) I still do NOT think Bell is ready and would rather see Chambers in there.

8) Speaking of OTs, the Butler injury sucked. The guy always seems to be hurt. We cannot have a complete team until the OT position is improved.

9) Way to go to Kyle Williams. He made some key plays. :thumbsup:

10) More kudos to Whitner! His 3rd quarter stop was freaking HUGE!!! Once again, he was playing CLOSE TO SCRIMAGE!!!! He needs to be around the football.

11) My best wishes to all at the tailgate. I was there in spirit.

12) There are few things in life as good as a Bills win.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I disagree with is your comment on Bell. I thought he played well today, and took far less penalties than last week. Give it time. Trent was only sacked once today, and last week 2 of his 5 sacks came at the end when he was running for his life...

He didn't make any game-changing mistakes today, which is really all you can ask from him. With more playing time, he is only going to get better.

My biggest worry is, especially with NO coming to town next week, we have the 8th ranked rushing D, and the 32nd ranked passing D....by yardage, of course. But, if we can keep the points off the board, they can rack up 1000 passing yards for all I care.

3) Are you people watching Levitre? Seriouisly, he is playing like a seasoned vet. What a great freaking draft pick! Wood is a monster too. This my friends is how to build a football team.4) Looking a the way we finished out the closing seconds of the first half, I am thinking that Jauron should hang himself. Of course, I don't mean this in the literal sense.

thats how Giants did it when everyone said you cant have an oline so lacking in experience ... WRONG

i wish we were getting lynch back for NO. they are tough. with him and freddy our running and swing pass game will just destroy teams. imagine those wide open well blocked sweeps with lynch? and alternating between he and freddie? with those fresh legs all day Ds will just wilt.

1) The Bills player who played the best today was Donte Whitner. Please take note that he made his best plays when he wasn't lined up A MILE FROM SCRIMAGE.

2) I'm not going to blame Evans for not catching the TD pass in the 2nd quarter. Normally I would, but this time the coverage was perfect.

3) Are you people watching Levitre? Seriouisly, he is playing like a seasoned vet. What a great freaking draft pick! Wood is a monster too. This my friends is how to build a football team.

4) Looking a the way we finished out the closing seconds of the first half, I am thinking that Jauron should hang himself. Of course, I don't mean this in the literal sense.

5) What does one say about TO? I don't think anybody in the history of the Bills ever could get open like him. Still, those drops are painful. In this sense, he is a perfect fit. :lol:

6) I would like to know who called the TD pass to Evans. I am hoping it was Trent. Even his biggest critics would probably admit that Trent is very smart. I hope he called the play because that would seem to indicate that we might have something special. That said, he got his ass kicked today in terms of taking hits.

7) I still do NOT think Bell is ready and would rather see Chambers in there.

8) Speaking of OTs, the Butler injury sucked. The guy always seems to be hurt. We cannot have a complete team until the OT position is improved.

9) Way to go to Kyle Williams. He made some key plays. :thumbsup:

10) More kudos to Whitner! His 3rd quarter stop was freaking HUGE!!! Once again, he was playing CLOSE TO SCRIMAGE!!!! He needs to be around the football.

11) My best wishes to all at the tailgate. I was there in spirit.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said in the press conference afterwards that it was his call. He said that a running play was called, but the defense they were playing wasn't good for the play so he called it off and put the ball into the Lee's hands and thankfully he came down with the grab and the TD.

Only thing I disagree with is your comment on Bell. I thought he played well today, and took far less penalties than last week. Give it time. Trent was only sacked once today, and last week 2 of his 5 sacks came at the end when he was running for his life...

He didn't make any game-changing mistakes today, which is really all you can ask from him. With more playing time, he is only going to get better.

The Bills cannot commit such turnovers as they did today and hope to win against a good team like the Patriots and the Saints. They really need to play 100% focused football....Today the 2nd and 3rd qtrs were so lackadaisical before they woke up in the 4th qtr to win the game.

Also this defense will be beat up if the offense continues to fritter away the time of possession. Luckily they managed that long 6 minute drive that culminated in a TD.

Trent checked into it when he realized the Bucs were crowding the LOS and he had singles outside. When he was whacking the back of his heel before the snap he was telling both Evans and Owens to run the 9 and be ready because he was going up top.

Picked the perfect down to call it on too because they still could have gone for it on 4th even if they didn't connect. Big thumbs up to Trent for the recognition.

On that final drive on MNF, the Patriots also knew it was going to be pass, pass, pass, and teed-off on it. I agree that Bell is getting/will continue to get better and needs to be kept in there.

Johnston was right...Trent was not putting the ball out in front of Evans, he put too much air under this one (IMO) and left it short

Like what I see of both of them

IMO an audible by Trent, 99.99999999% sure.

9) Way to go to Kyle Williams. He made some key plays. :lol:

First play to last he was giving it his all, made some very nice plays at key times (as you said)

Kudos to Fewell for calling an aggressive game. Even late he was bringing the heat and Tampa was unable to stop the blitz.

coupled with a Patriots loss :lol:

It almost makes me physically sick to think we should be 2-0 and the Pats* an exposed 0-2 - with a real potential that their season would have been in jeapordy if that had happened, with the way they are playing IMO

coupled with a Patriots loss :lol:

It almost makes me physically sick to think we should be 2-0 and the Pats* an exposed 0-2 - with a real potential that their season would have been in jeapordy if that had happened, with the way they are playing IMO

!@#$ing Patsies should be 0-2 and the Bills should be 2-0

TE was hit a lot after his throws today it seemed to me. I don't think it was all Bell's fault but he was abused.

If you carefully watch the replay, the defender has his hand on the ball as Lee is catching it and knocks it away. It was not a drop by Lee, it was incredible defense. I watched the game on a 100" HD projector and you can see the defenders hand knock the ball away as Lee is getting his hands around the outside of the ball.

If you carefully watch the replay, the defender has his hand on the ball as Lee is catching it and knocks it away. It was not a drop by Lee, it was incredible defense. I watched the game on a 100" HD projector and you can see the defenders hand knock the ball away as Lee is getting his hands around the outside of the ball.

exactly. the defender got a hand on the ball and knocked it away. I put that one on Trent--underthrew it a tad.

exactly. the defender got a hand on the ball and knocked it away. I put that one on Trent--underthrew it a tad.

Yeah, if Trent doesnt under throw it a bit then Lee likely makes the grab. None the less, it was an outstanding play by the defender because Lee almost certainly comes down with that ball for a TD.

I've never seen a team play worse than the Bucs did today. The low margin of victory is not a good sign of things to come.

that's what scares me the most. I liked what I saw today, but we beat a bad team who kept killing themselves time and time again.