A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

I was at the game and it didn't feel close. For a while, it got dull and if not for the Jackson fumble, it never seemed like Tampa got a drive going.

Trent looked good--not great. He missed a sure TD to Schouman (the play before the Jackson fumble). He dropped 3 long passes in perfectly, two completed--and threw another tough-to-catch but catchable ball into the end zone. He made that retarded play where he took on the safety and I trust AVP will knock him in the head over that. The INT was not a well thrown ball.

Biggest concern is Bill in NYC's: injuries. The way this athletic offensive line is playing, I have NO INTERNEST...NON...ZERO in Langston Walker's return. Keep Scott in there and activate Chambers. Scott looked pretty good.

Lynch will be a very good backup.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to Fewell for calling an aggressive game. Even late he was bringing the heat and Tampa was unable to stop the blitz.

I noticed this as well. I'd love to see how often we blitzed. It seemed like we brought xtra guys every time and only got truly burned on the last TD.

1) The Bills player who played the best today was Donte Whitner. Please take note that he made his best plays when he wasn't lined up A MILE FROM SCRIMAGE.

2) I'm not going to blame Evans for not catching the TD pass in the 2nd quarter. Normally I would, but this time the coverage was perfect.

3) Are you people watching Levitre? Seriouisly, he is playing like a seasoned vet. What a great freaking draft pick! Wood is a monster too. This my friends is how to build a football team.

4) Looking a the way we finished out the closing seconds of the first half, I am thinking that Jauron should hang himself. Of course, I don't mean this in the literal sense.

5) What does one say about TO? I don't think anybody in the history of the Bills ever could get open like him. Still, those drops are painful. In this sense, he is a perfect fit. :rolleyes:

6) I would like to know who called the TD pass to Evans. I am hoping it was Trent. Even his biggest critics would probably admit that Trent is very smart. I hope he called the play because that would seem to indicate that we might have something special. That said, he got his ass kicked today in terms of taking hits.

7) I still do NOT think Bell is ready and would rather see Chambers in there.

8) Speaking of OTs, the Butler injury sucked. The guy always seems to be hurt. We cannot have a complete team until the OT position is improved.

9) Way to go to Kyle Williams. He made some key plays. :rolleyes:

10) More kudos to Whitner! His 3rd quarter stop was freaking HUGE!!! Once again, he was playing CLOSE TO SCRIMAGE!!!! He needs to be around the football.

11) My best wishes to all at the tailgate. I was there in spirit.

12) There are few things in life as good as a Bills win.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree on Chambers, he looked awful in camp and in the preseason games, against back ups.

I think Trent played exceedingly well yesterday. He took the shots that were there, found the TE frequently and made some good calls at the line. As usual, he was pretty nuts on accurate for most of the game. He missed a likely TD to Schouman and had a ball slip out of his hands on the pick which was a 10 point turnaround in the game but apart from that, there isn't much at all to complain about.

The line, even though it has allowed 6 sacks in two games, is playing pretty well, well enough for us to have won 2 games so give their experience level, again, little to complain about. I would just caution the exuberance for bit as Tampa's defense was shredded in the opener and yesterday proved that was no accident. The Pats should be 0-2 so I am not sure their defense is quite the dominant force it has been. Still, they are NFL defenses, with more experience certainly than our line and they held their own. AVP is doing a pretty good job minimizing their problems and taking advantage of what they do betst.

The defense had a number of huge stops and though the pass rush faded badly after the first quarter, they made enough plays to get it done. One thing they did that the Bucs weren't able to exploit because the line played so well, was to make up for the loss of Poz by playing a lot of nickel where they pulled Buggs top make room for the extra corner. The Bucs should have been able to run with more success.

It was a great evening of football, the only downer, apart from the injuries, was the sobriety check they set up on Transit after the game where it goes from 3 lanes down to 2. With check set up, it went from 3 lanes to 1 causing a huge jam. I spent a good 45 minutes to an hour covering the mile before the check. I am all for nabbing drunk drivers but jeez, was creating that big of a mess any less dangerous? Any reason they can't run a check using two lanes?

8) Speaking of OTs, the Butler injury sucked. The guy always seems to be hurt. We cannot have a complete team until the OT position is improved.

if you watched the play the defensive player was blocked into the back of his legs. Unfortunate, but does no make him injury prone.

that's what scares me the most. I liked what I saw today, but we beat a bad team who kept killing themselves time and time again.

At least they bounced back from last week. They played very physical on both sides of the ball which was nice to see. TE had what may have been his best game as a Bill. Not perfect but hopefully a confidence builder. Could we have a no punt game again this upcoming Sunday?

I disagree on Chambers, he looked awful in camp and in the preseason games, against back ups.

I think Trent played exceedingly well yesterday. He took the shots that were there, found the TE frequently and made some good calls at the line. As usual, he was pretty nuts on accurate for most of the game. He missed a likely TD to Schouman and had a ball slip out of his hands on the pick which was a 10 point turnaround in the game but apart from that, there isn't much at all to complain about.

The line, even though it has allowed 6 sacks in two games, is playing pretty well, well enough for us to have won 2 games so give their experience level, again, little to complain about. I would just caution the exuberance for bit as Tampa's defense was shredded in the opener and yesterday proved that was no accident. The Pats should be 0-2 so I am not sure their defense is quite the dominant force it has been. Still, they are NFL defenses, with more experience certainly than our line and they held their own. AVP is doing a pretty good job minimizing their problems and taking advantage of what they do betst.

The defense had a number of huge stops and though the pass rush faded badly after the first quarter, they made enough plays to get it done. One thing they did that the Bucs weren't able to exploit because the line played so well, was to make up for the loss of Poz by playing a lot of nickel where they pulled Buggs top make room for the extra corner. The Bucs should have been able to run with more success.

It was a great evening of football, the only downer, apart from the injuries, was the sobriety check they set up on Transit after the game where it goes from 3 lanes down to 2. With check set up, it went from 3 lanes to 1 causing a huge jam. I spent a good 45 minutes to an hour covering the mile before the check. I am all for nabbing drunk drivers but jeez, was creating that big of a mess any less dangerous? Any reason they can't run a check using two lanes?

Where was the sobriety check on transit. I was wondering what the backup was. It usually takes us only 15 minutes to get home from the game. It took us almost an hour.