Change of heart for Leodis

zdro22

I'm amazed at how many people here are OK with kids breaking the law and vandalizing another person's property. The kids will get a slap on the wrist, it won't be a big deal, but they will have to go through the system and they should have to do it. They'll get fined and possibly some community service. The penalty will be in line with the crime. If you let them go, what have they learned? they learned that they don't need to be accountable for their actions.

The law is there to be enforced. The kids should pay the price for their acts. Amazing how many people disagree when this issue is black & white.

BTW - I was a little bit of a hellraiser when I was a kid, and I'm glad I learned a lesson or two when I was a kid. Straightened me out.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been a bit of a hellraiser in my youth, I read about what was done, how it was on the lawn (non-permanent), and what it said. I'm going to take a slightly contrary opinion here.

Ok, shouldn't have been done, but was essentially harmless, and funny in a way that MS-13 tags are not because there was a kernal of truth there. I was going to give Leoklutz a second chance on the fumble since he was keeping it in-house where it could easily be remedied by a dad with hickory switch. He was being a mensch. But since he wants to go down this road and prosecute to the full extent of the law, I'm going to go down the same road and boo to the full extent of my lungs.

Well Said.

I'm amazed at how many people here are OK with kids breaking the law and vandalizing another person's property. The kids will get a slap on the wrist, it won't be a big deal, but they will have to go through the system and they should have to do it. They'll get fined and possibly some community service. The penalty will be in line with the crime. If you let them go, what have they learned? they learned that they don't need to be accountable for their actions.

The law is there to be enforced. The kids should pay the price for their acts. Amazing how many people disagree when this issue is black & white.

BTW - I was a little bit of a hellraiser when I was a kid, and I'm glad I learned a lesson or two when I was a kid. Straightened me out.

I am quite sure you do not need to spend money in the courts to teach these kids a lesson. Community service goes a long way. I dont know about you but the parents can have a bigger impact than a court room. Guess your dad never whipped your butt for bonehead actions.

The kids will get a slap on the wrist, it won't be a big deal, but they will have to go through the system and they should have to do it. The law is there to be enforced. The kids should pay the price for their acts.

What did certain Bills player learn by "going through the system" and getting "a slap on the wrist"? Did it prevent another crime (within a year or so?)?

Nice try.

Leo would be a credible "victim" if he demonstrated appropriate outrage immediately after grass blade genocide was committed on his lawn--and pressed charges. But he didn't. Now he's decided to press charges on these two criminal masterminds??

One would think it wouldn't be possible to fumble this decision....

Again I am entertained by all the posters who initially gave him props for NOT pressing charges who are now praising his decision to nail these sick sick bastards.

I could care less if Leodis was using trickery to get them to admit to it. Which is assinine because they could have easily kept their mouths shut either way. They had to have known if they admitted it they would likely be in some kind of trouble. I'm guessing even THEY think they went too far and thus they admitted to the crime.

Hope this helps some of you boneheads!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all that was spray painted was the grass, right? In a week and one grass cutting (which would have been done anyway) the paint will be gone.

I do not agree with what these kids did, but to have them get criminal records out of this is a little extensive.

Make THEM cut the grass when it is needed. I'm sure McKelvin's lawn is quite large. The physical repercussion of cutting the grass (with a push mower) should be enough to teach these kids a lesson.

Whatever McKelvin decides to do in this situation is right. He had his property violated, so it's his decision (perhaps urged on by others) whether to press charges. If you don't want to face legal trouble, don't do dumb stuff.

And sure it seems like a silly juvenile thing. But at some point, you have to start being responsible for your actions. Working in schools, I've seen too many kids get a slap on the wrist and feel they got away with something. It's best they learn a lesson now before they get a sense of entitlement and do soemthing more serious. Most likely, it will be a fine and community service anyways.

and i hope you accept the potential consequences, legal fees, fines that come from that because, evidently, some people never learn. but at least you've made your intentions clear, so i'm sure some of us will be able to point the authorities in the right direction.

jw

Get off your high horse John. These kids did a harmless prank after Mcdipshit cost the Bills the game by his lack of game awareness & stupidity. Then he comes out openly says I do not want anybody arrested for this. I could almost see pressing charges if it was some middle age 35 year old who did this. These kids are just in high school & probably hit dad's liquor cabinet too hard that night & thought it would be funny. It is ironic but I do not remember the public outcries for that lady that Lynch ran down on the chip strip. F*ck Mckelvin, I just lost what little respect I had for him. & if you think these kids should be punished to the full extent of the law then by the same token Lynch should of been suspended for the whole season, not just three games for his actions were 100xs worse then what these 16 year old kids did.

This thing is so F'ing over blown! It was a couple of stupid kids playing a prank. So they draw a big penis on your lawn-does that really scare u? This kind of **** happens to thousands of people every day and usually nothing is done about it. But because it happens to a football player it has to be a big deal. And let's face it Leodis is dumber than sperm so he's easily swayed in this decision.

McLovin will be booed loudly for any other mistakes on the gridiron. Seems as though there's a possibility it's setting itself up for an ugly divorce down the road. I can envision it where McLovin would need a change of scenery...has nothing to do with lawns or teen pranks. If he fumbles a kickoff again he ends up in the fan doghouse.

No offense to McLovin, but he does come off sounding like quite the dim bulb. Does he know what "pressing charges" means? Inform him it has nothing to do with an ironing board.

Get off your high horse John. These kids did a harmless prank after Mcdipshit cost the Bills the game by his lack of game awareness & stupidity. Then he comes out openly says I do not want anybody arrested for this. I could almost see pressing charges if it was some middle age 35 year old who did this. These kids are just in high school & probably hit dad's liquor cabinet too hard that night & thought it would be funny. It is ironic but I do not remember the public outcries for that lady that Lynch ran down on the chip strip. F*ck Mckelvin, I just lost what little respect I had for him. & if you think these kids should be punished to the full extent of the law then by the same token Lynch should of been suspended for the whole season, not just three games for his actions were 100xs worse then what these 16 year old kids did.

Gordio, I normally like your posts but this is borderline pathetic. Bottomline is McKelvin had his personal space invade because of his job. Do you deserve to have your house vandalized because of a bad day at the office? He's well within his rights to do whatever he wants.

Additionally given the Sean Taylor thing, what if LM sees 2 people on his lawn late at night and decides to protect his property? If you violate someone's home, you should face consequences. And blaming McKelvin for this is just stupid sorry.

McLovin will be booed loudly for any other mistakes on the gridiron. Seems as though there's a possibility it's setting itself up for an ugly divorce down the road. I can envision it where McLovin would need a change of scenery...has nothing to do with lawns or teen pranks. If he fumbles a kickoff again he ends up in the fan doghouse.

No offense to McLovin, but he does come off sounding like quite the dim bulb. Does he know what "pressing charges" means? Inform him it has nothing to do with an ironing board.

I think he is already in the dog house. I remember Parcell's saying "dumb football players will get you beat everytime". I would not be surprised at all to see TM returning kickoffs this week.

Posts like these are making me 2nd guess if we really are the best fans in the league.

I think he is already in the dog house. I remember Parcell's saying "dumb football players will get you beat everytime". I would not be surprised at all to see TM returning kickoffs this week.

He made a freaking mistake. It's been almost a week. Move on. You're perfect at work??? He is a hell of a young football who has made a ton more big plays than mistakes. Seriously (and I do like your posts) but you're comign across very bitter. It's a game you watch for entertainment. Stop living your life through it.

I've met and talked with McKelvin. nicest dude ever and loves being a Bill. But my god, a bunch of you are comign across as straight richards. Look in the mirror first.

Posts like these are making me 2nd guess if we really are the best fans in the league.

2nd guess all you like...one thing is for certain...Bills fans win the Super Bowl every year for FELLATING the Bills players. Where did some of you go to get your Stepford indoctrination anyway? Is it a non-credit course that Russ Brandon teaches across the street at ECC South?

2nd guess all you like...one thing is for certain...Bills fans win the Super Bowl every year for FELLATING the Bills players. Where did some of you go to get your Stepford indoctrination anyway? Is it a non-credit course that Russ Brandon teaches across the street at ECC South?

Or I have a life and realize that it is a game. Some of you forget you're not actually on the football team.

"Player X screwed up. Let's boo him, trash his house, and throw stuff at his family. That'll learn'em" :blink:

The doghouse has a swinging door for now...one more gaffe and a padlock can be thrown on it.

I also don't remember a lot of backlash aimed at Marshawn Lynch and his driving ability around Chippewa. Eventually people poked fun at a chubby Canadian girl being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And others called them out for doing so, just like we are here. So what's your point? Some people here are !@#$s? Stipulated.

He made a freaking mistake. It's been almost a week. Move on. You're perfect at work??? He is a hell of a young football who has made a ton more big plays than mistakes. Seriously (and I do like your posts) but you're comign across very bitter. It's a game you watch for entertainment. Stop living your life through it.

I've met and talked with McKelvin. nicest dude ever and loves being a Bill. But my god, a bunch of you are comign across as straight richards. Look in the mirror first.

Fair enough, I still think it was a BS move to press charges. Just my opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all that was spray painted was the grass, right? In a week and one grass cutting (which would have been done anyway) the paint will be gone.

I do not agree with what these kids did, but to have them get criminal records out of this is a little extensive.

Make THEM cut the grass when it is needed. I'm sure McKelvin's lawn is quite large. The physical repercussion of cutting the grass (with a push mower) should be enough to teach these kids a lesson.

Exactly. I know I did worse at that age, and I'll bet a lot of other people here did, too. It's part of growing up. They've probably learned their lesson already just through the fear they're experiencing; give them some consequences (short of a criminal record) to go with that, and they'll turn out just fine.

If some kid(s) did that to my lawn - I would press charges. I wouldn't hesitate.

I sat in court about a month ago - awaiting a small claims case I was involved in....and out of the 20 or so cases that were called - I would say 50% were minor traffic violations - 25% were not so minor traffic violations and the remaining 25% were juvies - that were busted for this kind of nonsense. There wasn't a single one of them that addressed the court with any respect, and only one of them appeared with a parent. There are a lot of good kids that make one bad mistake and need this kind of experience to prevent them from ever making the mistake again...and their are punk wannabes that these kind of offenses are just the beginning of a life of trouble.....either way.....it is best to address it and let them deal with the consequences.

It isn't like these kids are going up the river to do 15 years of hard time. At best it will be a slap on the wrist with probation at worst it will a fine and maybe community service.

I once had a couple of teenagers steal my trampoline right out of my front yard.

Apparently someone we knew, that we mentioned it to, saw them, they had the

front leg in the back of a very small hatchback, and the back three were dragging

on the road, with sparks flying all over the place. They gave us the direction, and my

wife headed out to a trailer park in that area, and sure enough, there were six kids

in the back of a run-down trailer bouncing their asses off. They dragged the thing about

four miles like that.

We turned it over to the State Police, why they couldn't solve it in the first place is beyond

me. They confronted them, and it was ours, I asked for restitution only, and didn't press

charges, We never got paid, I think one parent sent us a check for half, and it bounced.

So, maybe it is better to stick it to them.

****, we pull something like this when I was a kid growing up in Buffalo man, there wouldn't

be any punishment worse then what my parents might do to us, and that would be on top

of any punishment that society deemed. But a lot of parents just aren't like that anymore.

As far as the reference to the trailer park, sorry if I offended anyone, but I once lived in one,

in a park, and the only thing that I can say about that, is, that you can live in a Trailer, and

still not be trailer trash.

Or I have a life and realize that it is a game. Some of you forget you're not actually on the football team.

"Player X screwed up. Let's boo him, trash his house, and throw stuff at his family. That'll learn'em" :blink:

We all know what the kids did was stupid. We all know what Leodis did on the football field was stupid. They both need to learn a lesson. The legal system will take care of the kids (though I hope it's nothing more than a fine and community service) and McKelvin will learn from the coaches when not to fight for extra yards.

Looking forward to the Bills whipping the Bucs!

It's the right decision. If he doesn't press charges, it sends the message to the public that this sort of conduct is acceptable, which of course it is not. The laws are there for a reason - when somebody breaks the law, they should be held accountable. If these are otherwise good kids who just got caught up in the moment and did a stupid thing, then the whole process of having to go through being charged/convicted/punished might just scare some sense into them.

Exactly.

What did certain Bills player learn by "going through the system" and getting "a slap on the wrist"? Did it prevent another crime (within a year or so?)?

What crime did Lynch commit again, WEO, prior to his egregious crime of having a gun in the trunk of his car? Exercising his 5th amendment rights? Yeah, HUGE crime there. :blink:

Nice try.

:beer:

Leo would be a credible "victim" if he demonstrated appropriate outrage immediately after grass blade genocide was committed on his lawn--and pressed charges. But he didn't. Now he's decided to press charges on these two criminal masterminds??

One would think it wouldn't be possible to fumble this decision....

Again I am entertained by all the posters who initially gave him props for NOT pressing charges who are now praising his decision to nail these sick sick bastards.

It's just innocent teenage hijinks. Spray painting "niggar" (sic) on a lawn is perfectly acceptable behavior. Now, if some black kids had spray painted "cracker" on Trent's lawn after any number of crap games last year...

It's the right decision. If he doesn't press charges, it sends the message to the public that this sort of conduct is acceptable, which of course it is not. The laws are there for a reason - when somebody breaks the law, they should be held accountable. If these are otherwise good kids who just got caught up in the moment and did a stupid thing, then the whole process of having to go through being charged/convicted/punished might just scare some sense into them.

Best answer and response.

What crime did Lynch commit again, WEO, prior to his egregious crime of having a gun in the trunk of his car? Exercising his 5th amendment rights? Yeah, HUGE crime there. :blink:

It's just innocent teenage hijinks. Spray painting "niggar" (sic) on a lawn is perfectly acceptable behavior. Now, if some black kids had spray painted "cracker" on Trent's lawn after any number of crap games last year...

That is not what they spray painted but why let facts get in the way of a good rant. Anyways, I guess he is not pressing charges which is the right thing to do imo.

Hitting someone and driving away is a crime. Marshawn did hit someone, and he did drive away. Or at minimum, someone driving his car hit someone and drove away. Just because someone has the right to not incriminate themselves does not mean that they did not commit a crime. If you're going to dispute that this is what happened, I don't want to argue with you, it's not worth the effort.

There was speculation on this board about what was painted on his lawn; what's come out since then is that it was not a racial epithet, but basically said: "Learn to take a knee" with the score of the game, and a graphic depiction of the male anatomy.

Hitting someone and driving away is a crime. Marshawn did hit someone, and he did drive away. Or at minimum, someone driving his car hit someone and drove away. Just because someone has the right to not incriminate themselves does not mean that they did not commit a crime. If you're going to dispute that this is what happened, I don't want to argue with you, it's not worth the effort.

The incident was investigated fully and there was no evidence that Lynch knew he hit the woman. I agree that he did hit her, but unwittingly, and thus unwittingly left the scene, and thus got the traffic infraction. I guess that could be called a "crime."

There was speculation on this board about what was painted on his lawn; what's come out since then is that it was not a racial epithet, but basically said: "Learn to take a knee" with the score of the game, and a graphic depiction of the male anatomy.

My mistake on what was actually written, but it's still inappropriate. If this were done all the time, there'd be a lot of players' lawns messed-up after games. :blink:

But it's good that the DA is looking to press charges while McKelvin is not.

I get your response and generally agree with it, but why did you automatically job to this word as being spray painted on his lawn? Agreed this would be an entirely different ballgame (and I don't fault him for pressing charges even though it was much less seriously than thought) but it's kinda sad you made this jump to assume.

I get your response and generally agree with it, but why did you automatically job to this word as being spray painted on his lawn? Agreed this would be an entirely different ballgame (and I don't fault him for pressing charges even though it was much less seriously than thought) but it's kinda sad you made this jump to assume.

I heard what was spray-painted was offensive and saw what looked like "gar" on the lawn, as someone else pointed out in one of the threads.

I am quite sure you do not need to spend money in the courts to teach these kids a lesson. Community service goes a long way. I dont know about you but the parents can have a bigger impact than a court room. Guess your dad never whipped your butt for bonehead actions.

Don't make boneheaded assumptions about my upbringing, fool.

I agree with you Gordio. Any time an NFL player pulls a stupid stunt (Vick, Burress, Lynch, Little, Dale Carter, Michael Irving, and on and on....) all we hear is they deserve a second chance after a less than normal person fine or sentence. So these two KIDS do something stupid and now everyone starts talking out of the other side of their mouth. McKelvin should forgive them and bring them to the Ralph, talk to them, set an example. And hope they straighten up. Being self righteous won't solve this issue.

I agree with you Gordio. Any time an NFL player pulls a stupid stunt (Vick, Burress, Lynch, Little, Dale Carter, Michael Irving, and on and on....) all we hear is they deserve a second chance after a less than normal person fine or sentence. So these two KIDS do something stupid and now everyone starts talking out of the other side of their mouth. McKelvin should forgive them and bring them to the Ralph, talk to them, set an example. And hope they straighten up. Being self righteous won't solve this issue.

Did I ever mention that I hate absolute statements? There was a TON of debate here about Vick, Lynch, et al. Yes, some people defended them. Many others did not.