BREAKING NEWS: SCHONERT FIRED

thebandit27

Agreed. But you have to figure that the system and the plays they practiced etc. are going to be what they run this year. No time to install anything new. So, basically AVP now calls the plays and we look stupid for firing our OC on the eve of the season. They could have given playcalling to AVP anyway. I just feel like we are a completely disorganized mess on the eve of the season. Very disheartening.

I think we are equating football with brain surgery here. The Bills are a predictable team. Mix it up with some simple yet unexpected plays and you can succeed. First thing: dump the "punting is okay" mentality. My prediction: first play vs NE* will be the long bomb to either T.O. or Evans.

PTR

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While he may not have any NFL experience calling plays, he has called plays before in NFL Europe:

COACHES BIO:

"spent the 2005 NFL Europe season as the Frankfurt Galaxy’s quarterbacks coach where he was responsible for all offensive play-calling."

Now, I remember watching several pieces on him when he was doing this and I remember everyone saying that he had a natural gift for getting the team in the right plays. I am not sure it will translate to the NFL, but I am willing to give him a chance. With the amount of points we have scored the past few weeks, it can't get worse.

So, he does have some experience......I am willing to give him a chance.

Unfortunately, if this is true, all the skeptics (like me) that said this teams sucks are probably correct. The idea that we were doing a rope a dope to launch an offensive juggernaut against NE is probably not true.

Did the Turk visit the Turk today?

What happened to stand by your man Dick?

Is this just another example of how screwed up this whole organization is? So we fire an Offensive Coordinator who shouldn't have even been brought back this year after last years disaster. We let him stay the entire preseason and install his No Huddle offense, and only his No Huddle Offense, no huddles all training camp and preseason. Now he is gone, we bring in a nice guy, probably a smart guy who has what one or two years as a QB Coach, and give him the offense with 8 days to prepare to play maybe the best team in the NFL? Are they going to try to put in a new offense with a little over a week to do it, or stay with the No Huddle that hasn't worked once in preseason? Either way it is bad, bad news for Bills faithful. This season is destined to be one of our worst, without a doubt. What is wrong with this organization? Over the last decade, they have made very few moves that have made much sense. Is there any hope for us and the Bills, or should we just stop routing for them and watch games as if we are watching "Two and a Half Men", just for the entertainment value? Does anyone at OBD have a clue?

Agreed. But you have to figure that the system and the plays they practiced etc. are going to be what they run this year. No time to install anything new. So, basically AVP now calls the plays and we look stupid for firing our OC on the eve of the season. They could have given playcalling to AVP anyway. I just feel like we are a completely disorganized mess on the eve of the season. Very disheartening.

They are a mess regardless, but hopefully this sends a freaking message, to the coaches and players that it's time to start winning some ball games or atleast time to show heart or your ass is gone! I love the move i have always liked the doughboy and how could he do any worse than we have already seen, and i love the fact that Jauron realizes my ass is on the line.

This just adds to the well earned perception of the franchise in a state of utter chaos, desperation and incompetence.

So you would rather us do nothing about our incompetence?

I am all for this move. If they did nothing, the outcome was guaranteed failure. Atleast this shakes them up a bit, everyone in this organization became too comfortable with mediocrity.

Bold move by Dick Jauron. Based on what we all saw in the preseason I think this is a good move.

I know it falls in the woulda coulda shouda bucket but why the hell did he not do this at the end of last season? Maybe AVP is named to step up but there is no way a new system gets installed now.

Unfortunately, if this is true, all the skeptics (like me) that said this teams sucks are probably correct. The idea that we were doing a rope a dope to launch an offensive juggernaut against NE is probably not true.

Did the Turk visit the Turk today?

What happened to stand by your man Dick?

Guy -- this is the EPIC rope-a-dope!

I know it falls in the woulda coulda shouda bucket but why the hell did he not do this at the end of last season? Maybe AVP is named to step up but there is no way a new system gets installed now.

I'm not so sure it was the system that was the problem more so than the play calling.