Vick Suspended For 2 Games

May Day 10

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4442627

right in line with Lynch's suspension I guess... Its only fair. After all, Goodell has had a few brief conversations with Vick and he has said (feeling out the public) that Vick is on the right track. Vick has no reason to put on a face eithe ($).

League is a friggin joke. I though the NHL was bad. NFL just surpassed those clowns

So according to Goodell,

Carrying a gun in a locked box (3 games) is worse than killing dogs and running an illegal gambling operation (2 games), which is worse than beating women(1 game).

Nice consistency. Way to show what behavior is acceptable.

So according to Goodell,

Carrying a gun in a locked box (3 games) is worse than killing dogs and running an illegal gambling operation (2 games), which is worse than beating women(1 game).

...and Bill Belichick caught cheating in the regular season is worth 0 games suspended. Roger Goodell is a joke.

In all honesty he basicly was allready suspended for 2 seasons; this Goodell playing judge is way over the top anyway. I can understand some suspensions (like the Lynch one) but the Vick one is silly (and no I'm in the anti-Vick camp not in the pro-Vick camp).

In all honesty he basicly was allready suspended for 2 seasons; this Goodell playing judge is way over the top anyway. I can understand some suspensions (like the Lynch one) but the Vick one is silly (and no I'm in the anti-Vick camp not in the pro-Vick camp).

but really, why 2 games. Id be less insulted if Goodell originally said 'time served' and allowed Vick free reign to play. 2 games is a slap in the face to the public's intelligence

than why suspend him at all? he did two full seasons...goodell is a paper tiger.

Finally someone who stated it right. 2 years and 2 games away is much more severe than a 3 game suspension.

Lynch basically left a woman for dead last year (he didn't know her condition when he sped off) and got no games. So as a 2nd time offender, he got off pretty lightly.

Vick missed part of a season before doing a 23 month prison sentance. Marshawn has done NO jail time and came within inches of killing a human being behind the wheel, likely while drunk, and fled the scene. He then get's caught having a gun in the trunk of a car that had marijuana in it. Vick's done his time. I wouldn't have minded if they just let him play week one.

Finally someone who stated it right. 2 years and 2 games away is much more severe than a 3 game suspension.

Lynch basically left a woman for dead last year (he didn't know her condition when he sped off) and got no games. So as a 2nd time offender, he got off pretty lightly.

He clipped a woman making a turn from a dead stop......could you stretch the truth more?

Guy already paid his debt didn't he? More than enough punishment for Vick. Too much imho.

Let's not forget: Lynch's situation involves a weapon! Oh...noooo.... So you have to add in the idiot-NYC-Madison Avenue-Oprahfied-PC adjustment to the "rules" for suspensions.

I love it when this agenda nonsense becomes so convoluted that it trips over it's own vagina, as in, 3 games for a gun in a box vs. 1 game for hitting a woman? Now that makes sense. <_<:censored:

Where are all the feminists? You get less suspensions for hitting a woman than killing dogs or having a gun....sitting in a glove box? Since this is of course all about "sending messages to the children", what's the message here ladies?

Notice...they will say nothing because "gun bad" trumps "hit woman bad" in their sad, screwy little worlds.

So according to Goodell,

It's 8 (reduced to 6) if the guns are locked in your own house.

Also, the gun was not in "a locked box"--it was in a backpack.

Vick was in Jail for two years, he was not suspended. He could not play if he wanted to (or Godell allowed it) BECAUSE HE WAS IN FEDERAL PRISON. Saying that he has been suspended for two years is stupid. If you can't show up to work and you want to, you are suspended. If you can't show up to work becuase it is impossible to do so, thats on you, it is not punishment by the league.

the sad part of this is how predictable it is. I live near Phillly and its all spin from the team and the news pushing a pre-emptive success story.

hearing the 'reports' thrown out there by the NFL the past few weeks that said Goodell has had conversations with Vick and Vick is on the correct path with the loveable Tony Dungy at his side. Just fluff to prepare the public for the one or two games Vick was going to get. Doesnt matter if he donated his first paycheck to the SPCA or told Goodell to F-himself.

Guy already paid his debt didn't he? More than enough punishment for Vick. Too much imho.

So has Lynch. While Lynch's punishment was far less than Vick's (as was the crime, IMO), both have 'paid their debt' to society in the eyes of the criminal justice system. If that's the criteria, Lynch should not be suspended, either.

So according to Goodell,

Small markets vs large markets

IT SUCKS BIGTIME, but what are we to do?????????? :unsure::w00t:

I Really Hope The Eagles Implode~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!

Vick was in Jail for two years, he was not suspended. He could not play if he wanted to (or Godell allowed it) BECAUSE HE WAS IN FEDERAL PRISON. Saying that he has been suspended for two years is stupid. If you can't show up to work and you want to, you are suspended. If you can't show up to work becuase it is impossible to do so, thats on you, it is not punishment by the league.

He was suspended months before he went to jail. Vick wasn't in jail 2 years, he started his jail time in November 2007 (about 3 weeks before his actual sentence. No matter how you spin it, he WAS suspended before, during & after his prison sentence was served or even determined. In fact, he was suspended while still "innocent until proven guilty" So until you know what you're talking about, you would be wise to refrain from calling others stupid.

He was suspended months before he went to jail. Vick wasn't in jail 2 years, he started his sentence in November 2007. No matter how you spin it, he WAS suspended before, during & after his prison sentence was served or even determined. In fact, he was suspended while still "innocent until proven guilty" So until you know what you're talking about, you would be wise to refrain from calling others stupid.

Vick pleaded guilty to felony charges in August of 2007 and was awaiting sentencing in November. The number of games for which he was suspended was 7. So he got suspended 9 games total for killing scores of dogs, gambling, lying to Goodell, and oh yes, failing a drug test (he probably also gave a few chicks herpes, but that's not a legal crime). The time served in jail doesn't count as "suspension." That sounds fair?

Vick was never convicted, nor did he ever admit to killing a single dog....of course we can speculate and we are probably correct, but the law is the law and he can only be held legally responsible for the laws he is actually convicted of committing....

He pled guilty to "Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fighting Venture". In addition, he admitted to providing most of the financing for the operation itself, as well as participating directly in several dog fights in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina and South Carolina. He also admitted to sharing in the proceeds from these dog fights. He further admitted that he knew his colleagues killed several dogs who didn't perform well enough. However, while he admitted to providing most of the money for gambling on the fights, he denied placing any side bets on the dogfights. He also denied actually killing any dogs himself.

Vick pleaded guilty to felony charges in August of 2007 and was awaiting sentencing in November. The number of games for which he was suspended was 7. So he got suspended 9 games total for killing scores of dogs, gambling, lying to Goodell, and oh yes, failing a drug test (he probably also gave a few chicks herpes, but that's not a legal crime). The time served in jail doesn't count as "suspension." That sounds fair?

So according to Goodell,

Lynch was on borrowed time after he ran over the candian...