OK...here is a silly question.

I am about 5 miles away from the Cottonwood Fire outside of Hemet......1000 acres so far....0 containment

Will my housing insurance cover if my house gets burned to the ground? We are not being told to evacuate yet but that could happen today.

I will have to hobble my @ss home from work for this latest and greatest development.

I am about 5 miles away from the Cottonwood Fire outside of Hemet......1000 acres so far....0 containment

Will my housing insurance cover if my house gets burned to the ground? We are not being told to evacuate yet but that could happen today.

I will have to hobble my @ss home from work for this latest and greatest development.

I would get on the phone with my agent to get the information from a reliable source. Policies and laws vary so you should understand on the basis of your individual coverage.

YOU SHOULD BE COVERED UNLESS THE PERIL IS SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED IN THE POLICY LANGUAGE

Come on guys....I am going to do that. Cant make personal phone calls from my office it is easier to blog this out.

I am going to call this afternoon as soon as I get out of this office.

what ins company do you use?

if that company has declared a period of imminent danger, you will not be able to add coverage if you are not already covered

wow, what kind of company do you work for where you can 'blog' on a buffalo bills web site but can't make personal phone calls to your insurance company...what happens if you need to call home or the doctors office during work hours???????

Come on guys....I am going to do that. Cant make personal phone calls from my office it is easier to blog this out.

:wallbash: Oh man, you guys are merciless! :unsure:

take a potty break and call from your cell phone......

I would be on the roof with a water hose. You even WENT go work?

"What do you do when your boss is a... prick.

Beating and torturing you like a felt-hatted... dick.

How you'll cheer when his ass is carted away.

Now you don't have to work and sing... all... day!

We live with his evil no more!

Now we live in happiness, too.

Like the Oompa, Loompa, Doompety Doo!"

And really... Stop slacking John. Afterall, he is asking if your policy covers forest fires? I wonder what others have in their policy with regard to this? I would think most polices would not cover forest fires if the property is in a known fire zone and subject to this hazard. Isn't that how insurance works? Take the premium with as little chance of eventually paying out some day... :wallbash::unsure:

On a more serious note...my homeowner's has an "act of God" clause that basically gives the insurance company an out in case of natural disasters. When you talk to your agent, double-check that you don't have such a clause...wouldn't want to get a "Yeah, it's covered." answer followed by an "Oh no, wait, missed this little sentence..." later on (which has happened to me, with auto coverage).

from this site:

http://laist.com/2009/08/28/fire_updates_p...s_station_f.php

Cottonwood Fire

As of 8 a.m., San Bernardino National Forest officials are saying the fire has burned through at least 1,000 acres and has been contained at five percent. Located two miles east of Hemet, where temperatures are predicted to be 106 with light winds today, an mandatory evacuation order is in affect for Willowbrook Road in the Val Vista area, according to Melinda Lyon of the Forest Service. Highway 74 between Borco Street and Highway 243 in Mountain Center is closed. A community meeting in Idyllwild is scheduled for 6 p.m. tonight at the Idyllwild School gymnasium

You need to ask yourself only one question, John. What would Ted Kennedy do?

:wallbash:

wow, what kind of company do you work for where you can 'blog' on a buffalo bills web site but can't make personal phone calls to your insurance company...what happens if you need to call home or the doctors office during work hours???????

Usually take a pee break and call on my cell phone......but I left it at home today.

Its these meds I am telling you....:wallbash:

So is it time to buy a paver for John?

Well, the pavers are kiln fired right? How appropriate

Seriously, he is awaiting fire on the wesy coast, I am waiting for a hurricane season.....this is why I miss Buffalo

Hey guys I am good......the fire is still going but it looks like we are ok?

Our firefighters down here are studs....STUDS....113 degrees yesterday and they were fighting a 1300 acre fire.

I am in the foothills north of L.A. where the Station fire is now >20,000 acres, and the firefighters up here are also STUDS...The Engine companies on the ground are holding their lines and heroically defending people's homes. We are less than half a mile from one of the evacuation zones, but there's very little chance the flame-front could make it this far. (I've been watching it burn West-to-East along the ridge-lines for the past 4 nights.)

The terrain here is way too steep to get into on foot to try to suppress the fire (it blew right through the dozer line they set up like it wasn't even there) so they've been attacking it primarily from the air - flying non-stop helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft for 3 days trying to keep this monster down. I was outside on my front lawn today watching the little tankers drop their loads, when I heard this huge roar and looked up.to see a DC-10 flying sideways through our little valley spewing Phos-chek or similar ..pilot must have thought he was friggin' Han Solo or something...crazy!