OK...here is a silly question.

On a more serious note...my homeowner's has an "act of God" clause that basically gives the insurance company an out in case of natural disasters. When you talk to your agent, double-check that you don't have such a clause...wouldn't want to get a "Yeah, it's covered." answer followed by an "Oh no, wait, missed this little sentence..." later on (which has happened to me, with auto coverage).

Doug Flutie hit your car?

John and Jon -

Support those STUDS by dropping by the staging area and giving a big thanks. A few dozen cookies or something in that manner wouldn't hurt either.

The town I live in had horrible fires last year, and when we evacuated I was certain my house was gone. The firefighters were incredible. When they got the fires under control, my son and I made trays of lasagna and brought it to the firehouse to thank the firefighters, and when we got there the entire front yard of the firehouse, as well as the sidewalks on both sides, were covered with dozens of huge thank you signs from all the neighboring families. It was a great scene.

I am in the foothills north of L.A. where the Station fire is now >20,000 acres, and the firefighters up here are also STUDS...The Engine companies on the ground are holding their lines and heroically defending people's homes. We are less than half a mile from one of the evacuation zones, but there's very little chance the flame-front could make it this far. (I've been watching it burn West-to-East along the ridge-lines for the past 4 nights.)

The terrain here is way too steep to get into on foot to try to suppress the fire (it blew right through the dozer line they set up like it wasn't even there) so they've been attacking it primarily from the air - flying non-stop helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft for 3 days trying to keep this monster down. I was outside on my front lawn today watching the little tankers drop their loads, when I heard this huge roar and looked up.to see a DC-10 flying sideways through our little valley spewing Phos-chek or similar ..pilot must have thought he was friggin' Han Solo or something...crazy!

hehe sounds fun

The town I live in had horrible fires last year, and when we evacuated I was certain my house was gone. The firefighters were incredible. When they got the fires under control, my son and I made trays of lasagna and brought it to the firehouse to thank the firefighters, and when we got there the entire front yard of the firehouse, as well as the sidewalks on both sides, were covered with dozens of huge thank you signs from all the neighboring families. It was a great scene.

we had complete smoke cover 2 days ago here in nocal but probbly from the yosemite and monterey fires...but you never know we have had smoke from LA fires before