Official game day thread - Bills vs. Packers

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you expect to see when our GM is a marketing guy. The most powerful guy in the organization is the finance guy. Our coach is the nicest guy in the NFL. We select quarterbacks based on mensa scores.

As Bill Parcel's says, "you are what your record says you are".

Positives: Nic Harris looks great again

Negatives: Trent Edwards, The OL, the DEs get absolutely NO PRESSURE. Im still wishing we went with Everette Brown in the spot that we drafted Byrd. Get rid of these ineffective bodies at DE!!

He also got a 47 out of 50 on the wonderlic. So he's a smart guy. Nevermind that Carolina decided after one season starting they needed to spend a 2nd on Ryan Kalil.

He's smart, works hard, was cheap, and had a name that wasn't Fowler or Preston. Otherwise, there's no change.

What Free Agent interested in winning would come to the Bills? We have become the NFL welfare team subsidized by revenue sharing, where players, coaches, the front office and the owner collect their millions and put up a half-hearted effort to be competitive.

the difference between the Pack and Bills is both their first team offense and defense is significantly better than their backups. On the good side, if all teams somehow lost their top 22 players, I think we'd be competitive in the league. <_<

All humor aside (and I know its tough when watching this), but Trent Edwards is not the face of our franchise...if he doesn't prove himself this year he is pretty much done. Including this year, he has two years left on his contract and hasnt done anything to deserve an extension, and thats why he should have played at least a half tonight.

I think Trent has potential but this o-line cant be used as an excuse for all his errors. He had a perfect pocket on his interception and threw it well after Evans made his cut...something he does all too often. Let the kid play and see if he has what it takes...if he gets hurt he gets hurt.

What do you expect to see when our GM is a marketing guy. The most powerful guy in the organization is the finance guy. Our coach is the nicest guy in the NFL. We select quarterbacks based on mensa scores.

As Bill Parcel's says, "you are what your record says you are".

Make no mistake RW runs the team. And his personal advisor is the team CFO, Jeff Littman. Russ gets the little decisions, but this is a team run by a 91 year old and a financial guy who told RW to fire Bill Polian. This team's leadership from owner to HC is among the worst in the NFL.

All humor aside (and I know its tough when watching this), but Trent Edwards is not the face of our franchise...if he doesn't prove himself this year he is pretty much done. Including this year, he has two years left on his contract and hasnt done anything to deserve an extension, and thats why he should have played at least a half tonight.

I think Trent has potential but this o-line cant be used as an excuse for all his errors. He had a perfect pocket on his interception and threw it well after Evans made his cut...something he does all too often. Let the kid play and see if he has what it takes...if he gets hurt he gets hurt.

He held the ball for like 30 seconds on his fumble, too.

thank god its only preseason, I don't think I could watch another half of this...

preseason yes but those were our starters out there.........how come tom brady one of the best qb's in the bussiness plays a whole quarter his first game as payton manning did and romo a whole half...our guy dosnt even play a whole half yet and this is our 3rd game.....i could see if trent was lighting up the scoreboard,but he isnt and he needs work and the coaches need work calling him real football plays.

He also got a 47 out of 50 on the wonderlic. So he's a smart guy. Nevermind that Carolina decided after one season starting they needed to spend a 2nd on Ryan Kalil.

He's smart, works hard, was cheap, and had a name that wasn't Fowler or Preston. Otherwise, there's no change.

Put Wood at center, move Walker and Butler back to their old positions and start Bell at LT. Sure, Bell may not be ready, but I'd prefer being weak at LT if we are stronger elsewhere, opposed to being bad at every position.

Make no mistake RW runs the team. And his personal advisor is the team CFO, Jeff Littman. Russ gets the little decisions, but this is a team run by a 91 year old and a financial guy who told RW to fire Bill Polian. This team's leadership from owner to HC is among the worst in the NFL.

Sorry the most powerful guy in the organization besides RW is the finance guy I should have stated.

What Free Agent interested in winning would come to the Bills? We have become the NFL welfare team subsidized by revenue sharing, where players, coaches, the front office and the owner collect their millions and put up a half-hearted effort to be competitive.

Money talks in UFA. Unfortunately, the Bills aren't concerned about winning as much as they should be. Don't get me wrong, all teams' bottom lines are the number 1 priority. However, when you've gone 9 straight seasons without the playoffs, don't cry poor to me and expect sympathy. I recall people saying in advance of free agency that the team would definitely go out and spend money. They didn't, save for a released WR who they had no intention of signing before his release on 3/4.

How is it that small markets in Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and Green Bay win repeatedly? It's having a solid front office which replaces talent and keeps their best players. Buffalo does not have it, and 9 seasons of losing are the byproduct.

Agreed. Ralph is outdated, despite his great legacy.

You know your team has poor leadership when your most vocal player on D (Donte Whitner)...complains on his facebook about fans ripping him on message boards. But hey, at least he knows Jauron is always there for him if he needs a shoulder to cry on.

Since win did UFL teams play against NFL teams in the preseason? Honestly, we dont even belong on the same field.. This was beyond disappointing.. I can handle a bad preseason game. But one where your first team is dominated by a team that was not very good last year? Raji looked darn good for Green Bay.. It's also torture living in D.C. and seeing Orkapo play fairly well for Washington. Who know whats Maybin will be but GB and the Skins look like they may have done well with their first picks (I know it's early). Then there's us. 4 picks in the first two rounds, two don't even play, and the other two are part of an Oline that was DOMINATED.. Man I'm disappointed... as usual

Money talks in UFA. Unfortunately, the Bills aren't concerned about winning as much as they should be. Don't get me wrong, all teams' bottom lines are the number 1 priority. However, when you've gone 9 straight seasons without the playoffs, don't cry poor to me and expect sympathy. I recall people saying in advance of free agency that the team would definitely go out and spend money. They didn't, save for a released WR who they had no intention of signing before his release on 3/4.

How is it that small markets in Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and Green Bay win repeatedly? It's having a solid front office which replaces talent and keeps their best players. Buffalo does not have it, and 9 seasons of losing are the byproduct.

The Bills overpay more than they underpay. It ain't money, it's the quality of the people making the player decisions and the coaching on the field.