Maybin Update

Was listing to John Clayton this evening on ESPN radio and according to him Maybin will be signing within the next 24 to 48 hours. According to Clayton all #1 picks are close to signing (even Crabtree) with the exception of Smith

If true, Clayton is the man, the guy with the inside info.

If wrong he always was and still is an idiot!!

No other info on my part, just reporting what Clayton stated.

I don't want to live in a world where that gets you fired

Elaine's Boss: George I understand that you had sex with the cleaning lady on your desk.

George: Is that wrong? Should I not have done that?

Boss: Your fired!

George: You know if someone would have told me that I wouldn't have done it. Where I used to work people did that all of the time.

What a waste of 3 weeks of training camp time for Maybin, and 2 weeks for the other guys. <_<

"Training Camp is way overrated..."

Regards,

Bruce Smith

PS:

Make the world a better place, punch Bill Bellichick in the face

He got hammered and pulled out his dick to show it off in front of female espn staffers, and it was not the first time.

I think you got Salisbury confused with Harold Reynolds who used to be on "Baseball Tonight" <_<

Actually, I think Sean got a coaching job, QB coach I believe, in the college ranks somewhere.

Damn right!

Ah, yes. His patented "Salisbury Steak" routine. It never caught on in Bristol.

<_<

Damn Right!

:P

I think you got Salisbury confused with Harold Reynolds who used to be on "Baseball Tonight" <_<

Actually, I think Sean got a coaching job, QB coach I believe, in the college ranks somewhere.

Why you pissing on all this fun? :cry:

Elaine's Boss: George I understand that you had sex with the cleaning lady on your desk.

George: Is that wrong? Should I not have done that?

Boss: Your fired!

George: You know if someone would have told me that I wouldn't have done it. Where I used to work people did that all of the time.

Good stuff <_<

What a waste of 3 weeks of training camp time for Maybin, and 2 weeks for the other guys. <_<

Thing is we may not know how good this kid could have been this season

without the benefit of camp.

I just hope this does not impact more than just this season.

The only way to clear this logjam is if these guys forget about Crabtree and focus on just their

contracts for slotting purposes.

Hysterical. 15 years ago I worked at a place where people did that stuff all the time and it didn't get you fired. Two guys actually took their pants and briefs off in a bar and then served drinks to a table of women. No problem. Nobody complained. No big deal the next day.

Hysterical. 15 years ago I worked at a place where people did that stuff all the time and it didn't get you fired. Two guys actually took their pants and briefs off in a bar and then served drinks to a table of women. No problem. Nobody complained. No big deal the next day.

So you worked in a strip club?

Thing is we may not know how good this kid could have been this season

without the benefit of camp.

I just hope this does not impact more than just this season.

I know rookies need any work they can get, but there are still 4 full weeks before the season. Given the country club that Bills camp appears to be most of the time, he hasn't really missed much but a bunch of walkthroughs and meetings. important, yes, but not career-threatening. If he signs this week and ends up sucking, he will be a bust on his own merit, not because he missed a couple weeks.

Reynolds too. Salisbury definately got the axe for pulling out his rooster in front of staffers.

Reynolds all the poor guy did was goive a hug to a female staffer that was deemed "inappropriate"

Ill try to find a link for the salisbury firing.

The litigeous society in America has taken the sens of humor out of a lot of things that are really not so bad.

Was listing to John Clayton this evening on ESPN radio and according to him Maybin will be signing within the next 24 to 48 hours. According to Clayton all #1 picks are close to signing (even Crabtree) with the exception of Smith

No other info on my part, just reporting what Clayton stated.

Clayton usually has good inside information. I believe him.

He got hammered and pulled out his dick to show it off in front of female espn staffers, and it was not the first time.

Coming up next on ESPN it's Charles Haley's and Sean Salisbury's 'The Cocksure NFL Report" . (Warning: Parental discretion advised)

I know rookies need any work they can get, but there are still 4 full weeks before the season. Given the country club that Bills camp appears to be most of the time, he hasn't really missed much but a bunch of walkthroughs and meetings. important, yes, but not career-threatening. If he signs this week and ends up sucking, he will be a bust on his own merit, not because he missed a couple weeks.

We could just line up a table full of drinks with little umbrellas in them, get him a nice pedicure and he'll be up to speed! <_<

I don't agree. Being new to the NFL he needs all the time in camp he can get learning the system

and how to survive in an NFL setting.

A rookie that shows he wants to learn and be a part of the team is embraced by the veterans vs. a

punk who only thinks about himself. If Maybin showed interest and wanted to be in camp, the vets

would have a much better impression of him and help him out which is invaluable, especially in his

rookie season.

Without this, I believe he puts himself in jeopardy at the start of his career.

I don't agree. Being new to the NFL he needs all the time in camp he can get learning the system

A rookie that shows he wants to learn and be a part of the team is embraced by the veterans vs. a

punk who only thinks about himself. If Maybin showed interest and wanted to be in camp, the vets

would have a much better impression of him and help him out which is invaluable, especially in his

rookie season.

I am pretty sure Crabtree is going up against the wrong coach in that sense. Singletary seems like the kind of guy who is going to punish him for what he is doing. And, would not surprise me if Singletary is telling his own gm to LOWER the offer as the kid becomes less useful to him and he becomes more pissed off.

DJ on the other hand, I think Maybin won't face the same issue.

I am pretty sure Crabtree is going up against the wrong coach in that sense. Singletary seems like the kind of guy who is going to punish him for what he is doing. And, would not surprise me if Singletary is telling his own gm to LOWER the offer as the kid becomes less useful to him and he becomes more pissed off.

DJ on the other hand, I think Maybin won't face the same issue.

That would be the fastest way for Singletary to lose his team. The players know it's just business and if they see a coach punishing a guy for his agent trying to get the best deal he'll lose a lot of respect.

That would be the fastest way for Singletary to lose his team. The players know it's just business and if they see a coach punishing a guy for his agent trying to get the best deal he'll lose a lot of respect.

Point taken you are right had not thought about it that way.

rookie season.

Yes it likely will effect his chances at starting this season. Likely the only way he starts this season is due to injuries of others. But if his missing three weeks of camp this year still has him behind the vets in three seasons, then he was and will always be a bust.

The vets understand how the system works and will in no way hold things against him. The more rookies escalate salaries, the more down the road in will also increase the salaries for the vets when they renew their contracts, so in no way will they be upset. Likely they get more upset when players give "home town discounts" as that hurts others.

Point taken you are right had not thought about it that way.

I think your original comment is still correct. While it may be true that it would be really dumb for Mike to do, that is who he is, acting on emotions without really thinking things out, so wouldn't surprise me if he does react that way.

rookie season.

I think this is a bit strong. Maybin *may* have not started, anyway, but that's not the point.

He still has a few weeks left in camp (presuming he actually does sign), so there's time to get things in order. The Bills are only 1 preseason game into the summer...and they have an extra game on everyone else. If Maybin comes in this weekend, I won't be too worried.

Yes it likely will effect his chances at starting this season. Likely the only way he starts this season is due to injuries of others. But if his missing three weeks of camp this year still has him behind the vets in three seasons, then he was and will always be a bust.

The vets understand how the system works and will in no way hold things against him. The more rookies escalate salaries, the more down the road in will also increase the salaries for the vets when they renew their contracts, so in no way will they be upset. Likely they get more upset when players give "home town discounts" as that hurts others.

I think your original comment is still correct. While it may be true that it would be really dumb for Mike to do, that is who he is, acting on emotions without really thinking things out, so wouldn't surprise me if he does react that way.

Or maybe he could start if we have really lame incumbent DEs like Kelsay and Denney and Chris Ellis.

Oops, we do. I think he starts if he has 2 or more weeks to practice, no matter what. The alternatives are just so awful...

Or maybe he could start if we have really lame incumbent DEs like Kelsay and Denney and Chris Ellis.

Oops, we do. I think he starts if he has 2 or more weeks to practice, no matter what. The alternatives are just so awful...

except you forget that the one, and only thing, kelsay does well is defend the run. we all hate those 3 because they can't get to the qb or make a consistent pass rush. i totally agree. but at some point you need to realize that those 60% of the plays that are running plays those guys are pretty good at their job. Obviously you want a guy who is good at both (remember, teams tend to run at schobel because he isn't that great against the run), but those are a little harder to find. I hope Maybin learns FAST to defend the run. I know this will be his weakest point and hardest part of the learning curve. IF he can pick that up and learn how to get around slower LTs and get underneath the better ones, it be a very, very welcome addition. i personally don't expect to see thtat for 2 years though. unlike most bills fans its known that a player needs a few years to develop, and isn't a 'bust' immediately (ie James Hardy).