Edwards the Worst Starting QB In Madden

We're screwed if we can't draft a QB with a rating over 90...

The problem is that the Madden ratings don't come out until after the draft. How will we know who to draft?

The problem is that the Madden ratings don't come out until after the draft. How will we know who to draft?

The other teams in the league seem to know.

More proof that RW and DJ suck, if they can't predict the Madden numbers.

I know they adjusted the ratings this year, where most teams seem to be a little lower than they were in previous years, AND I know it is mostly based on the aggregate of ratings but DAAAAMMMNNNNNN I would be pissed if I were a Dolphin fan.

...Last year's AFC East Division champions with an overall rating of 77?!

The third place Jets at 78, and the last place Bills at 76?

Man I can hear the complaining from South Beach now.

EDIT: I like the Chargers team, in general, but...really?...they're 11 points better than us (88).

?...A team we beat who we finished one game behind?

It's not a game if you know the ratings ahead of time. The Bills will learn how good their rookies are like every other team: by signing them to a contract.

Argh, just another example of Madden's left hand and Madden's right hand not getting along. For Edwards to be rated behind Mark I've got 16 college games on my resume Sanchez is just ridiculous.

That being said, look for the first round of downloadable roster updates to smooth things out. Just like them screwing up Butler's position, lest we forget that when Madden hit the shelves in 08, Favre was slated on their Packers' roster. Knowing that they can fix things through downloadable content, EA has really taken some liberties in recent years in not getting things right the first time.

Well, I admit to be a madden nerd somewhat, and I agree it is not realistic at all and it is nothing to care about. However, this year they seem to be making a huge leap forward in the realism department, especially ratings. So I have high hopes for the games.

As for the ratings being still inaccurate, who cares? Fix them when you buy the game. When we win the superbowl this year, trent will be the 2011 madden cover athlete and all bills will be rated 100. Except for ellison. He will be an 81 with the slogan he overachieved.

I wonder why Tim bothered to write an article about Madden ratings? I thought this may have been an ESPN "assignment". A quick check reveals only one other division blogger has bothered to write an article based on this game, so far. Maybe the others just haven't gotten to it, yet.

If it is an assignment, it is a poor practice, IMO. Advertisers/partners shouldn't be dictating content, especially that which isn't clearly labeled as such.

It it was simply a choice on Tim's part, I guess he just finds Madden interesting enough (or thinks his readers find it interesting enough) to warrant a blog entry. Seems odd to me, though.

Maybe I'll drop a question into his thread, after I eat some dinner.

I wonder why Tim bothered to write an article about Madden ratings? I thought this may have been an ESPN "assignment". A quick check reveals only one other division blogger has bothered to write an article based on this game, so far. Maybe the others just haven't gotten to it, yet.

If it is an assignment, it is a poor practice, IMO. Advertisers/partners shouldn't be dictating content, especially that which isn't clearly labeled as such.

It it was simply a choice on Tim's part, I guess he just finds Madden interesting enough (or thinks his readers find it interesting enough) to warrant a blog entry. Seems odd to me, though.

I actually like when Tim alerts me to these things, but I'm also a huge nerd. However, there is something to be gleaned from these ratings, and that's how objective viewers rate players against each other. I'm not saying the ratings are accurate, but they're interesting to compare on a lazy afternoon.

I actually like when Tim alerts me to these things, but I'm also a huge nerd. However, there is something to be gleaned from these ratings, and that's how objective viewers rate players against each other. I'm not saying the ratings are accurate, but they're interesting to compare on a lazy afternoon.

I'm not suggesting an alert that the ratings are isn't in order. But Tim has two entries devoted to specific ratings. Maybe I am out of touch, but I think that's a little much for a video game.

Some of my biggest complaints:

QB

M. Ryan (ATL) - 85

M. Cassell (KC) - 83

T. Edwards - 76

DB

D. Rodgers-Cromartie (ARZ) - 87

L. McKelvin - 78

RB

T. Jones (NYJ) - 90

M. Turner (ATL) - 95

M. Lynch - 87

Well I have no problem saying Edwards is a 76 or a 77 but to have Sanchez a 78 is BS. If you had a team which QB would you want starting for that team if you had to win right now. Sanchez who has never played a game in the NFL (Also a guy who had limited college experience) or Edwards a guy with 20 plus NFL starts and a 11-10 record as a starter and a guy who last year threw for a 65% completion percentage.

QB

M. Ryan (ATL) - 85

M. Cassell (KC) - 83

T. Edwards - 76

DB

L. McKelvin - 78

RB

T. Jones (NYJ) - 90

M. Turner (ATL) - 95

M. Lynch - 87

T.Jones a 90 is two to three points higher than he should be running behind Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, and Damion Woody inflated his totals last season (Plus the fact that the Jets ran a lot when Favre got hurt). While Rodegers Cromartie being an 87 is mostly based off his playoff performance he should be like a 83 or 84 while L. McKelvin a 78 I don't really have a problem with.

Cassell an 83 is a point or two too high but not that terrible. Remember he did throw for 4000 yards even on a good team like the Pats* you still need to have some skill to do that and he was asked at some point to win games down the stretch so its not like his 11-5 record was completely a product of playing not to loose (It makes it more impressive if you were a rookie with no college experience)

Not an assignment at all. This stuff generates page views and is HUGE among the players. They talk about it more than they talk about their cars (and that's a lot).

One player is so ticked off at his rating, he's boycotting the game:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-9-399...er-ratings.html

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-224...en-ranking.html

Most of the division bloggers did do something on it, but not all. My posts were a little more involved than others, but Mike Sando of the NFC West crunched the numbers hard.

People who spend a lot of time in front of their computers (i.e. our audience) often are video-game enthusiasts.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-9-354...e-NFC-West.html

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-3-15...--analysis.html

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-12-4...-and-Bluer.html

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-246...ngs-are-in.html

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-10-2...en-NFL-10-.html

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-10-1...en-NFL-10-.html

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-10-2...en-NFL-10-.html

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-10-1...en-NFL-10-.html

Tim Graham article.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-78/...n--Madden-.html

Rated worse than Sanchez. bull sh-- imo.

Oh, and they also screwed up our O-Line, and have Brad Butler playing RG.

You cant be serious? What has he done to deserve a higher rating? More turnovers than TD's, only more than 1 TD 3 times in 2 years and has just one 300 yard passing game since HIGH SCHOOL, and it was in College during his first year at Stanford. He has accomplished nothing yet other than establish he has potential.

So what do you think he should be rated as...90's? LMAO at this post. The kid has potential, and I think he could finally put it together this year, but has NOT yet to live up to any of that potential in College or the NFL...you dont give high ratings to players who have yet to put it together.

FYI: Sanchez has a stronger and more accurate Arm than Edwards, and that is just fact to this point. Whether or not Sanchez can put it together on the field is a whole other question. So in Madden, his arm strength will be higher and so will his accuracy probably (or at least close) which are the two most important ratings for a QB in Madden. Not to mention I am sure Trents INJ is low in the game too since he is so fragile...the only thing Trent should be higher on is awareness, but since he has more turnovers than TD's in his career between INT's and lost Fumbles, I doubt is Awareness score is very good either. That translates into a better rating for Sanchez...no surprise here at all.

QB

M. Ryan (ATL) - 85

M. Cassell (KC) - 83

T. Edwards - 76

DB

L. McKelvin - 78

RB

T. Jones (NYJ) - 90

M. Turner (ATL) - 95

M. Lynch - 87

What are you complaining about? Ryan and Cassell are better than Edwards to this point...simple as that, just look at the stat sheets and what they have accomplished.

McKelvin? What did he do last year other than show a little promise at DB? No one even knows if he will even be any good as a starter yet. He is a dynamic KR/PR, but has done nothing as a DB yet...

Lynch...what has he done to be much higher? His ypc are always modest at best, lacks superior speed, and dances too much at the line. If he ever gets to a point where he always hits the hold fast and hard he will be a dominant back in this league, but right now he is really good, not Elite yet.

All 3 players have great potential to be great, but none of them have been great yet. Edwards has been barely average, McKelvin showed flashes but doesnt have enough playing time, and Lynch could be great once he starts consisting hitting the hole fast and hard instead of dancing behind the line too much and hesitating.

LMAO at the "homer" warped reality of Bills fans on the Madden rankings.

Not an assignment at all. This stuff generates page views and is HUGE among the players. They talk about it more than they talk about their cars (and that's a lot).

Fair enough. I'm glad to hear it was not a requirement.

I'm sure you could drive page views with scantily clad women wearing hats with the teams' logos, too.

They dont even have Steve Johnson and Nelson is terrible other then that we always get better as the season goes on. But when roster update come around it will all even out

And I will guaranty that dirty Sanchez will be lower then Trent by week 3