For those at the game, anyone see the guy...

Some idiot and obviously drunkard was racing and dipsy-doodling along the ledge of the upper deck in the (tunnel side) end zone being chased by cops across that little apron-like thingy, and just as they were about to grab him jumped up into the lower deck. It wasn't that long of a drop but it was about a 99 on the imbecile level. That had to hurt.

No, but I was in the Paul M club and suddenly one of the security guys goes racing out the door. This was the begining of the 2nd half. I was wondering what was going on. That must have been why.

Security was very busy during the 4th quarter, saw many people being led out of the stands in chokeholds, arm twists, etc.

What a putz that guy was, at first it was amusing, but as he was running, the cop came out of the stairwell, and the guy knew he was caught, but in a move made famous by the Darwin awards, instead of accepting that he made a fool of himself in front of 65K people, he decides to jump down to the next level. I just hope the people on the lower level werent hurt.

What a putz that guy was, at first it was amusing, but as he was running, the cop came out of the stairwell, and the  guy knew he was caught, but in a move made famous by the Darwin awards, instead of accepting that he made a fool of himself in front of 65K people, he decides to jump down to the next level. I just hope the people on the lower level werent hurt.

107548[/snapback]

What a moron. I hope he didn't hurt any innocent people by doing that.

Guffalo, I love that quote from "Cheers" that you have at the bottom, CLASSIC!!!

but it was smarter than climbing out on the wire holding up the field goal nets.....

My Dad told me a story about a Ted Nugent concert back in the 70's at the Ralph that a guy did that and after Ted Nugent got done playing one of his songs he said something like "give it up for the guy on the high wire". <_<

What a putz that guy was, at first it was amusing, but as he was running, the cop came out of the stairwell, and the  guy knew he was caught, but in a move made famous by the Darwin awards, instead of accepting that he made a fool of himself in front of 65K people, he decides to jump down to the next level. I just hope the people on the lower level werent hurt.

107548[/snapback]

Didn't look like he landed on anyone. As dumb luck would have it, he landed right in an aisle entrance and security just grabbed him.

Fights in the stands were frequent yesterday .

My Dad told me a story about a Ted Nugent concert back in the 70's at the Ralph that a guy did that and after Ted Nugent got done playing one of his songs he said something like "give it up for the guy on the high wire".  :D

107571[/snapback]

I was at that concert. The guy hand over handed across the field! Got to the other side and was put in a "Stranglehold"...sorry hadta do it. B)

I was at that concert. The guy hand over handed across the field! Got to the other side and was put in a "Stranglehold"...sorry hadta do it.  B)

107732[/snapback]

Wow. That place must have been a Madhouse. B)

I watched the game on television. I remember at one point, they were showing the crowd, and all seemed to be watching something going on above, in the upper deck. Some were laughing, some looked disgusted.

The announcers never said what was going on. I bet that was it!

I was at that game

107560[/snapback]

I was there too. I was a little kid and that guy came right out over top of where I was sitttng with my parents. We had to leave our seats. temporarily.

Bills-Jets games are usually a pretty fun affiar with many fights. I'm not surprised at al lthe bad behavior. I would imagine that a Bills-Jets game in the Meadowlands is probably worse.

I was at that concert. The guy hand over handed across the field! Got to the other side and was put in a "Stranglehold"...sorry hadta do it.  B)

107732[/snapback]

I was there also. That guy was set up for the stunt with gloves and the right clothing for negotiating the wire. I beelive he got thumped pretty good when they finally got him on the edge and pulled him over.

I was there too. I was a little kid and that guy came right out over top of where I was sitttng with my parents. We had to leave our seats. temporarily.

Bills-Jets games are usually a pretty fun affiar with many fights. I'm not surprised at al lthe bad behavior. I would imagine that a Bills-Jets game in the Meadowlands is probably worse.

107828[/snapback]

I'll never forget that game. Week 5, 1975. Bills 4-0 going into it and playing the Giants on MNF. Our offense had been averaging 37 points a game. We go into the dumper, lose 17-14, and only win 4 games the rest of the year. :D

As for games at the swamplands, I've heard of people having problems but I myself have never had any.

Me and my buddie were there for our first Bills game. We were sitting in 328 so we had a perfect view, and i couldn't believe that guy just jumped! (even know it wasn't that far). It was a great time, and a great game! A few fights broke out but like i told my buddie, imagine if the jets were up by say 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter....the place would have been even more nuts. Great time tho, and i'm definetly getten tix for next year!!

Wow.  That place must have been a Madhouse. B)

107758[/snapback]

It was one of the SummerFest Concerts. I think it was Nugent, Foreigner, and Skynards last concert in Buffalo...78 if I do recall....ah Good Times! B)

Some idiot and obviously drunkard was racing and dipsy-doodling along the ledge of the upper deck in the (tunnel side) end zone being chased by cops across that little apron-like thingy, and just as they were about to grab him jumped up into the lower deck. It wasn't that long of a drop but it was about a 99 on the imbecile level. That had to hurt.

107530[/snapback]

I saw it.

I'll never forget that game.  Week 5, 1975.  Bills 4-0 going into it and playing the Giants on MNF.  Our offense had been averaging 37 points a game.  We go into the dumper, lose 17-14, and only win 4 games the rest of the year.  :D

As for games at the swamplands, I've heard of people having problems but I myself have never had any.

107848[/snapback]

Wasn't that MNF game the same one where someone called in a bomb threat against Howard Cosell before the game, then set off a string of firecrackers right outside the broadcast booth? I heard that they found Don Meredith underneath the desk, cradling a booze bottle, and that Cosell swore he'd never come back to Buffalo.....

It was one of the SummerFest Concerts. I think it was Nugent, Foreigner, and Skynards last concert in Buffalo...78 if I do recall....ah Good Times!  B)

108024[/snapback]

Nope. Starz, Ted Nugent, Skynard and Blue Oyster Cult. July 4th, 1976. I was there.

but it was smarter than climbing out on the wire holding up the field goal nets.....

Not necessarily.

For example, if he had fallen on one of my kids he would have been dead before security got to him.....

Guest Guest_MACDADDY_*

I jumped from the second deck at the Carrier Dome at a Dead show. Not drunk. Just following my ride. He leap frogged the railing and I look over and he's running down the isle. I held on and had second thoughts untill a guy below said 'just jump, I'll catch you'. And he broke my fall and I kept the pace. After 20 years I still can't believe I did it!

never had any trouble in NY, people have more to do in NY / NJ and don't spend all year looking forward to those 8 weekends....

jets games are always full of fights cause of all the loud mouth jets fans that show up, not saying theyre ALL bad, but so many show up, and most of 'em are NY a-holes, or wanna-be-NY-a-holes

remember,i think 2 seasons,ago the jets game was at 4:00pm. but everyone still started tailgating at 10am. that was the worst game ive been to as far as fights and stuff go. it was total chaos.

I would imagine that a Bills-Jets game in the Meadowlands is probably worse.

107828[/snapback]

The games @the Meadowlands have actually toned down from from the '90s when we beat them on a regular basis.

Maybe after yesterday, things can go back to normal. :w00t:

My student teacher was at the game yesterday and had just sat down to enjoy the start of the game when he heard an all too familiar sound behind him. The sound of someone throwing up! While contemplating that sound, he realized that the person throwing up was directly behind him and threw up all over his back

Fortunately, Bills customer service took care of him and got him cleaned up and gave him a new sweatshirt and new seats at the 50 yard line.

Why am I glad that I don't take my kids to games?

I sat in the lower bowl, near #89, for half the game before going to my regular seats. I could not believe both time I went to the restrooms Bills fans yelling at jets fans wanting to fight them. Totally uncalled for, the jets fans where minding their own business. The security guard I know said it was the worst game this year for ejections. When I talked to him, it was only at the start of the 4th quarter!

putting a $500 fine on any one that they have to take out might slow down the fighting . when waiting for my car to be unlocked the state trooper said that when the jets come to buffalo they have the most trouble in the rest areas.