Bills made Pisa Tinoisamoa a contract offer before he left

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen more UFA's go to Buffalo and leave unsigned. Certainly, management doesn't want to overpay for a player, but if a released and undersized T2 OLB leaves town without a deal, where else is he going to sign?

Perhaps it's PT's way of saying thanks but no thanks. We'll never know, but if a player receives an invite to OBD, it must mean they and the team are interested in each other. Already, Fred Taylor, Kevin Jones, Freddie Keiaho, Cato June, and now Tinoisamoa have left without signing and receiving offers. That's not comforting, in that all would have had defined roles, either as starters or primary backups at positions of weakness.

I've never seen more UFA's go to Buffalo and leave unsigned. Certainly, management doesn't want to overpay for a player, but if a released and undersized T2 OLB leaves town without a deal, where else is he going to sign?

Perhaps it's PT's way of saying thanks but no thanks. We'll never know, but if a player receives an invite to OBD, it must mean they and the team are interested in each other. Already, Fred Taylor, Kevin Jones, Freddie Keiaho, Cato June, and now Tinoisamoa have left without signing and receiving offers. That's not comforting, in that all would have had defined roles, either as starters or primary backups at positions of weakness.

it was reported that he went to Chicago to see what they'd offer and also that both Buffalo and Chicago would use him in the same way, and Pisa was asking to much for the role that both Buffalo and Chicago would use him for...has something to do with the fact that both Buffalo and Chicago use DB's in place of a 3rd LB in nickel situations..so therefore on some plays Poz and Mitchel are the only LB's on the field and Chicago does the same thing and they have Urlacher and some other dude..so Pisa, for both teams would be on the bench for some plays..therefore neither team wants to pay him as a full time starter.

You have to figure many players use Buffalo for leverage. Get an offer, then use it to get a better one. Even if they don't get a better offer, they sign elsewhere for less anyway. Sucks to be us.

PTR

players do that to teams all the time. They have interest from 2 teams...they prefer team B. They visit team A and get a offer and the go to team B and try to get a better one. We're not always team A...most teams in the NFL play that role on different occasions.

Actually we do have a way of knowing. Where he signs and for how much will tell everything.

must be a conspiracy, the world is out to get us :D

i agree. i think the best offer the bears would give him was hunter hillenmeyers salary. for instance they probably told pisa, they would cut hillenmeyer and give pisa his 1.5 million salary in a contract. no way the bears will give pisa more than hillenmeyer even if they cut him because urlacher and briggs both make over 6 million a year. mitchell makes aound 3.5 and poz doesnt even make a million a year under his rookie deal so we are in great shape to offer a starting linebacker caliber deal.

players do that to teams all the time. They have interest from 2 teams...they prefer team B. They visit team A and get a offer and the go to team B and try to get a better one. We're not always team A...most teams in the NFL play that role on different occasions.

TO went from America's team to North America's team first shot within days.

The Bills brought-in Galloway and Coles, saw them leave...and signed T.O. They brought-in Taylor and Jones, saw them leave...and signed Rhodes. I'm hoping that after bringing-in June and Keiaho and seeing them leave, that they sign Tinoisamoa and make them 3 for 3 when it comes to getting the best player among the ones they brought-in.

there has been multiple reports that he isnt going to visit the eagles and also there have been multiple reports how he doesnt fit there defense at all. they run the same defense spags is running in st. louis and they released him because he was too small for it.

This guy is doing what most free agents who visit the Bills do, looking for another option. Buffalo is not a place free agents want to go unless there is no other option or the Bills overpay.

In my opinion, the Bills have enough undersized guys in there front 7. I do not believe he would be much of an improvement at all. Reports say he played last season at around 225lbs. I don't think racking up some tackles on a terrible defense means anything.

As I said before.......before free agents will start actually WANTING to come here we are going to have to biuld our team up through the draft and start winning games......

I would like Pisa here and I do think he would be an upgrade.......but no so much of one that I would break the bank for him......

Well I still think he will be a Bill. The FO wants him and I think that our need for him is much greater than Chicago. He will realize that our offer is better and that he could start for us right away. He is testing the market and he is realizing that there isn't much of a market for him in that not many teams play the system he is suited for.

If its us or Chicago I think that if we have the better offer on the table he will sign with the Bills. I don't think Chicago has a big need for him and wants to break the bank for a player they could live without. My guess is that the Bills are offering 2.9 to 3.4 million a year while the Bears are offering about 2.5 million a year. If it shakes out to that than it looks good for us.

i agree. he is the only "starting" option out there. there are guys like morlon greenwood who have been starters there whole career but are very much on the decline out there but he is the only guy that actually makes us better from the moment he signs. while i dont think he is going to be a pro bowl type upgrade over ellison i do think he will be a noticeably significant upgrade over him. when we are watching games i think poz and mitchell will also look better from him being on the field because they wont have to basically run over to ellisons side everytime a play is there. the one thing we can all agree on if anything is that pisa is a tackling machine. he is known throughout the NFL as a guy who doesnt miss a tackle, that alone makes him a big ugrade over ellison because ellison misses a tackle or 2 every game.

it was reported that he went to Chicago to see what they'd offer and also that both Buffalo and Chicago would use him in the same way, and Pisa was asking to much for the role that both Buffalo and Chicago would use him for...has something to do with the fact that both Buffalo and Chicago use DB's in place of a 3rd LB in nickel situations..so therefore on some plays Poz and Mitchel are the only LB's on the field and Chicago does the same thing and they have Urlacher and some other dude..so Pisa, for both teams would be on the bench for some plays..therefore neither team wants to pay him as a full time starter.

You do realize that "nickel package" refers to replacing your third linebacker with a DB right? I take it not.

The Bills brought-in Galloway and Coles, saw them leave...and signed T.O. They brought-in Taylor and Jones, saw them leave...and signed Rhodes. I'm hoping that after bringing-in June and Keiaho and seeing them leave, that they sign Tinoisamoa and make them 3 for 3 when it comes to getting the best player among the ones they brought-in.

I agree with your posting completely. I would rather have TO and Rhodes over the other backs and wide receivers we brought in this year, no question about it. I know it will give some posters on this site angina to admit the FO is doing a good job. But lets give them credit for this year spectacular off season.

I agree with your posting completely. I would rather have TO and Rhodes over the other backs and wide receivers we brought in this year, no question about it. I know it will give some posters on this site angina to admit the FO is doing a good job. But lets give them credit for this year spectacular off season.

You would rather have Rhodes over Fred Taylor???? I have heard it all now. That could be the most pathetic/homer thing I have heard on this board.

You would rather have Rhodes over ???? I have heard it all now. That could be the most pathetic/homer thing I have heard on this board.

crap, the troll from Fagsboro is back again. you want to see the very definition of pathetic/homer? try trolling any of your own Gaytriettes* boards

(that is, when you're not slobbering over your life-sized anatomically correct Tommie Brady* blow-up doll, you freakin' NE* queer)

You would rather have Rhodes over Fred Taylor???? I have heard it all now. That could be the most pathetic/homer thing I have heard on this board.

Rhodes is three years younger than Taylor, had almost 200 more total yards, 8 more touchdowns and one fewer fumble than Taylor in 2008.

Rhodes is three years younger than Taylor, had almost 200 more total yards, 8 more touchdowns and one fewer fumble than Taylor in 2008.

Forget it--logic doesn't work with this guy. He's a "born again" Pats* fan--i.e., post-2001, aka the worst kind of Pats* "fan" and I use that term loosely. He'll be back rooting for the Cowboys in no time once the Pats* slide starts.....

Fred has a lot of miles on him, Rhodes much fresher.

there has been multiple reports that he isnt going to visit the eagles and also there have been multiple reports how he doesnt fit there defense at all. they run the same defense spags is running in st. louis and they released him because he was too small for it.

a link to these reports would support your claim. you can't pull reports from mid-air

i think most of us would, he's a much better receiving back as well.

It's a "what have you done for me lately" league, pally. Given their performances last year, coupled with their respective ages and wear-and-tear, Rhodes is clearly the better choice. And the bad thing for the Pats is that Taylor will likely be their #1 RB, given that Maroney is an injury-prone bust, while Rhodes is 2nd on the depth chart to start the season, and then 3rd when Lynch returns.

Great analysis on why Taylor is better than Rhodes.

I'm shocked you didn't suggest that both Galloway and Greg Lewis were better individual signings than TO.