Bills and Freddie Jackson agree on an extension

Beautiful! Done and it's only May. Why was anyone really worried about this?

Let's hope there is more good news today, or tomorrow.

not surprised, glad it's done. i was confident the entire time that the team would get him signed well before camp. not sure why anyone was worried about this.

I can't answer for anyone else, but I was worried about it because of how aggressively the Bills pursued name running backs during the offseason...Fred Taylor, Deshaun Foster, Kevin Jones, before finally settling on Rhodes. It seemed a bit weird that they'd be so deadset on a running back who might only play during Lynch's suspension at the beginning of the year.

That coupled with Freddie's age and the short shelf-life for RBs, had me a bit worried that the Bills had decided he wasn't worth it. I'm beyond relieved to find out that isn't the case. This guy can play, and we're a better offense with him. :thumbsup:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People around here need to panic. The Bills prove once again if you show up you get paid. Kelsay..shows up..paid. Evans..shows up..paid. Jackson...shows up...paid. Peters...doesn't show up....

PTR

Kelsay and Schobel....wish they didn't show up..

People around here need to panic. The Bills prove once again if you show up you get paid. Kelsay..shows up..paid. Evans..shows up..paid. Jackson...shows up...paid. Peters...doesn't show up....

PTR

Stroud got re-uppped DURING the last Peters saga. :thumbsup:

I responded to the wrong post. I was trying to tease you about Marv. :thumbsup::lol:

Ahh.

I think Marv's intelligence and experience could only help the Bills. But, he left them in good shape, moving in the right direction and with a good management team structure.

They'd be nuts not to pick his brain, on occasion, though.

It is always shocking, those few times when the bills FO succeeds at something, anything at all, contract wise.

Now if they would just re-up Kelsay with a guaranteed-bonus, sweetened deal un-ties to performance incentives, we would be set!!!

lol

seriously, Jackson is good news he is deserving.

Very impressed Mr. intern-man, you did it!!!

About freaking time. He is my favorite Buffalo Bill.

Ditto, freddie is the man. Also, yes it IS about time, i know someone said camp doesn't start until july, but we do not want to situations to fester-especially when they involve players that put their heart and sole into their play.

I really like this news. It was 2 summers ago (I think) and I was watching NFL Europe to get my football fix. And there's this RB running all over the place; nothing spectacular, just good solid, hard hitting effort runs and blocks. I remember thinking... why can't the Bills get a guy with that kind of fire on their team. He just looked like he played with more determination and passion than the other guys on the field.

Low and behold, a few minutes later, I noticed he had the Bills' insignia on his jersey signifying his rights were held by the Bills. And, at that time, I hoped someone in the Bills FO would recognize what this guy was bringing to the field each down and, at the very least, give the guy a shot.

Well, a couple of years later, it's refreshing to see that he did get his shot. He did perform when he got that shot. And the FO recognized him and that effort and just signed him to (hopefully) a 3-4 year contract. All in all, a very good story. So, here's to Fred Jackson :thumbsup: and I hope he continues to do well for himself and the team.

Ditto, freddie is the man. Also, yes it IS about time, i know someone said camp doesn't start until july, but we do not want to situations to fester-especially when they involve players that put their heart and sole into their play.

It's not festering. It's called negotiations and they take some time to get done.

It's not festering. It's called negotiations and they take some time to get done.

yep, especially when you have a bunch of other positions and players and the draft to worry about. plus getting their trades done before the draft.

they had their priorities straight. Jackson was locked into something anyways, he knew he would get a deal, the Bills knew it too. It got done exactly when it got done. thats all there is to it.

Way to go FO!! I have new respect for you Russ for getting this done!! Not only was this the right thing to do, it was also the SMART thing to do. This team is heading for the playoffs and the FO has made some great moves in recent months to better this team and keeping Jackson under contract and happy is one of the best moves you've made. Way to go!!

Correct me if I'm wrong...

but even a blind nut finds a squirrel now and then :thumbsup:

You hit this one right, they had rights to Jackson yet still took care of business extending the contract. And yes, you were right - we were B word'n about this a tad early.