Bills and Freddie Jackson agree on an extension

Just pointing out.

All three of the Steelers RB's this year missed games due to injury. During some games that that multiple RB's out due to injuries.

Which is exactly why I am happy to see the Bills follow this blueprint. History shows it works.

I would love to find the combined cap figure of these three backs and compare them to the cap figure of say Westbrook or Tomlinson. They are the highest paid RBs I think, but its better practice, and maybe even cheaper, to employ multiple backs. (figureing that one back cannot accumulate the stats to demand a high paying contract, and that being one of two or three, he realizes he is expendable.)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn cheap Bills! Why can't they sign good players like Jack...excuse me? They dd what? Oh, never mind. :thumbsup:

PTR

slowly, and i repeat slowly, I am building some faith in brandon. cutting dockery, attempting to trade kelsay, and getting rid of royal - all over paid and poor performers. if he can continue signing our quality players - see stroud extension, fred, lee, etc. then maybe we have the right guy in place. but we still need a better talent evaluator than guy and modrak i think. but good news.

As soon as the Bills made Jackson the qualifying offer, making him an exclusive rights free agent, he had no other move except to negotiate a new contract with the bills or play on the one year tender. He was not going to do that since the bills could do the same thing next year & he would be in the same situation. People need to relax around here when it comes to contract extensions. They do not draw them up on a napkin over wings & a pitcher of beer at Duffs. These things take time.

forget fred jackson and his money. i haven't had wings at duff's in so many years...i gotta go next time i'm home.

slowly, and i repeat slowly, I am building some faith in brandon. cutting dockery, attempting to trade kelsay, and getting rid of royal - all over paid and poor performers. if he can continue signing our quality players - see stroud extension, fred, lee, etc. then maybe we have the right guy in place. but we still need a better talent evaluator than guy and modrak i think. but good news.

i agree.. baby steps, but steps in the right direction nonetheless

Why would you get yourself so worked up about the length of time it took the Bills & Jackson to come to an agreement? I could of told you back in March that jackson was going to sign an extension this offseason. He has no other choice. You should of never sweated this one.

Not freaking out. I just felt like he deserved it and glad that the Bills took care of him.

Why would you get yourself so worked up about the length of time it took the Bills & Jackson to come to an agreement? I could of told you back in March that jackson was going to sign an extension this offseason. He has no other choice. You should of never sweated this one.

Could have and should have, please!!

forget fred jackson and his money. i haven't had wings at duff's in so many years...i gotta go next time i'm home.

Went there last week with a couple friends. I got to tell ya, the wings are decent there but I think there are better places to go. Plus our waitress said even though they have direct tv they did not get SNY so we could not watch the Mets game. I have DTV & live 10 minutes away from there & I get SNY. She probably just was telling us that because she was a Yankee fan. We got her back though, we only tipped her 5%.

The best football teams have great depth at RB, as in 2 or 3 guys who could be starters in the NFL. Example: SB Champion Steelers - Parker, Mendenhall, Moore. The year before: Gmen - Jacobs, Ward, Bradshaw. With the three on our roster, we have three guys who could start any game and no one should be worried. Good to see the Bills taking steps in the right directions.

The difference is you as a Bills fan know the 3 Steelers Rb's. Outside of maybe Lynch or Rhodes no one knows the Bills RB, so how good are they really. Sub4.0 running average is not exactly HOF material.

Went there last week with a couple friends. I got to tell ya, the wings are decent there but I think there are better places to go. Plus our waitress said even though they have direct tv they did not get SNY so we could not watch the Mets game. I have DTV & live 10 minutes away from there & I get SNY. She probably just was telling us that because she was a Yankee fan. We got her back though, we only tipped her 5%.

Haha. I assume you're talking about the Duff's on Millersport because that place is kinda a dump. There is absolutely nothing on the walls or anything that leaves any type of an impression on you. Just a borign place with greatwings.

And where all the jokers who completely overreacted to the Bills not re-signing Jackson 2 months ago? For jsut being a marketing guy, Brandon IMHO has been doing a great job at taking care of team players and getting talent here.

And, on more piece of this confusing offensive line puzzle comes together ... my NJ friends who are Eagle/Giant fans are jealous of our receiving corps (Evans, TO, Reed, Johnson,etc. (Maybe even Hardy) and if the middle of the line becomes mean, nasty and effective ... oh the possibilities ...

Although Jackson wasn't going to be playing anywhere else the fact that this is a multi-year deal shows that both sides wanted it done.

Rhodes will be a great back-up to Jackson and then we will see how THE BEAST fits in once his suspension is served.

And, on more piece of this confusing offensive line puzzle comes together ... my NJ friends who are Eagle/Giant fans are jealous of our receiving corps (Evans, TO, Reed, Johnson,etc. (Maybe even Hardy) and if the middle of the line becomes mean, nasty and effective ... oh the possibilities ...

Although Jackson wasn't going to be playing anywhere else the fact that this is a multi-year deal shows that both sides wanted it done.

Rhodes will be a great back-up to Jackson and then we will see how THE BEAST fits in once his suspension is served.

Haha. I assume you're talking about the Duff's on Millersport because that place is kinda a dump. There is absolutely nothing on the walls or anything that leaves any type of an impression on you. Just a borign place with greatwings.

And where all the jokers who completely overreacted to the Bills not re-signing Jackson 2 months ago? For jsut being a marketing guy, Brandon IMHO has been doing a great job at taking care of team players and getting talent here.

Nah, I am talking about the other one in Orchard Park. Place is really nice. Great setup, just p*ssed me off they did not get SNY. I live right off of transit road in lancaster.