Official Draft Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Duke is bad news, and would have been picked already if he wasn't.

I agree that he as some question marks. Those are about his desire, not ability though. I see it as a similiar situation to Andre Smith. I big punishing OL with some things that make you think Mike Williams. Without those ??? he is a first/second round pick. I would take that risk in the 4th/5th, especially when we wont be asking him to start right away.

Nothing not to like about this pick. There is no reason to believe that he can't gain a little weight either.

What time do you think they will take the straight jacket off of Jauron, or do you think they gave him a large dose of adavan?

He did look a little woozy, I bet someone just gave him a sleeping pill and he slept the draft off.

can go up and get the ball and looks like he is tough to bring down....nice pick

He does look tall.

Between him and Hardy (and I suppose those other guys, TO and Lee) Trent should just be able to loft the ball up about 12 feet in the air :thumbsup:

C'mon....any Jamon Meridith love out there? OT out of South Carolina. We do this, and I'm happy with our O-Line options going into training camp. We can get a OLB in the 6th, Qb or DT in the 7th.

Jamon Meredith | OTScouts Inc. Grade: 792008 NCF STATS

No Information Available at this Time

Height: 6'4⅝"

Weight: 304 lbs

Overall Rank: 66

Position Rank: 8

College: SOUTH CAROLINA

Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team|All Ranked Players|NFL Draft History

Scouts Inc. Player Evaluations

ProfileNewsESPN LocalBlog NetworkGrading Scale ConversationESPNDB

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 Meredith appeared in just one game and NCAA later granted him a red shirt year with the stipulation that he sit out the first two games of the 2008 season. He started four games at right tackle in 2005. Meredith started all 13 games seven at right tackle and six at left tackle in 2006. He started all 12 games at left tackle in 2007. Meredith started nine of the 11 games he appeared in during the 2008 season and lined up at left tackle and left guard.

Height-Weight-Speed 2 Adequate bulk, adequate height and above-average top-end speed.

Durability 2 Injured ankle during 2008 preseason and re-injured it later in the year. Ankle injury limited him in three games but he didn't miss any games.

Character 1 Presented the Andrew Sorensen Scholar-Athlete Award for Football during the 2006 spring game. Named the Outstanding Offensive Lineman in the spring of 2007. An ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District selection in 2007. Earned the Harold White GPA Award for the offense in the spring of 2008. Graduated with a degree in Sports Management and a 3.7 GPA in August of 2008. Has shown a willingness to line up at different positions.

Offensive Tackle specific Traits

Strength/Toughness 3 Plays with an edge, appears to have adequate lower body strength and flashes the ability to finish blocks though inconsistent in this area. Shows above-average upper body strength in the weight room but rarely delivers a violent initial punch.

Agility 2 Overall agility is not elite but better than average. A quick, balanced athlete with good lateral mobility for size.

Awareness 2 Excellent experience playing at the highest collegiate level. Knows assignments and rarely shows hesitation. Especially skilled at recognizing blitzes/stunts in pass protection.

Pass Protection 2 Gets set quickly and gets excellent hand placement. Adequate arm length, locks arms out and can ride edge rushers past the pocket. Good balance and shows above-average body control but overextends on occasion and going to have a harder time recovering at the NFL level than did at the collegiate level. Doesn't always sink hips low enough and struggles to anchor working against powerful bull rushers.

Run Blocking 3 Rarely takes false steps and generally gets into excellent initial position but doesn't always stay lowing coming out of stance and has some problems rooting defenders off the ball when plays too high. Takes sound angles to downfield blocks and flashes the ability to get into position at the second level. However, base narrows and doesn't show the same body control in space as he does in the short area so he has some problems sustaining downfield blocks.

GREAT VALUE PICK on TE Shawn Nelson......he was rated a late 2nd round pick in two seperate rating services.

Nelson is 6' 5'' and 240lbs...ran the 40 in 4.56 (ingram 6' 4" 245 lbs 4.68).

Strenths- hands, speed

Weakness- blocking.....will need to bulk up.

ESPN is never going to give up on the Raiders. I think Al just made himself the laughing stock of the entire league. It's all I've heard about SINCE the pick.

:thumbsup:

sorry to break it to you but he was already the laughing stock of the league

Im really starting to like the Bills draft. Cant believe the TE talent that was there in the 4th round. If Byrd pans out at FS, i like what we did.

I am still a little scared of Maybin. We cant afford to have messed up that pick, and I am a big Horns fan and liked Orakpo more. Yes I am biased but I have also seen a lot of his games. I like the safety pick a little more but still cant believe we passed on Brown, or trading for Carolinas first next year. The other picks on the OL and TE have been great. All in all if Maybin can be as good as they say we will have a great young group on the lines.

I am still a little scared of Maybin. We cant afford to have messed up that pick, and I am a big Horns fan and liked Orakpo more. Yes I am biased but I have also seen a lot of his games. I like the safety pick a little more but still cant believe we passed on Brown, or trading for Carolinas first next year. The other picks on the OL and TE have been great. All in all if Maybin can be as good as they say we will have a great young group on the lines.

To be honest, besides Raji, pretty much all of the top 15 picks were risks with potentially equal upside and downside. The great thing about Maybin is that he consistently gets the same nods: Quickest Burst and Team Leader. I'll start with that.

Sorry if it's already posted, but do you have the value for each Buf player so far?

Of Course. I'm a Draft Droid. Me like stats.

Here goes:

11 A Buffalo Aaron Maybin OLB43 Penn State -12 Reach

28 A Buffalo Eric Wood OC Louisville -16 Reach

42 A Buffalo Jairus Byrd CB Oregon -8 Reach

51 A Buffalo Andy Levitre OG Oregon State -27 Reach

121 A Buffalo Shawn Nelson TE Southern Miss +58 Value

Net = +5