Joyous News For Joe Ferguson and His Family

I posted this on the BBMB, but want to share the good news:

I just received an incredible email from Joe and Sandy Ferguson. As most of you know, Joe has been fighting cancer for five years now and has gone through EXTENSIVE treatment over the last few years.

I'm honored, happy, overjoyed, and overwhelmed to announce that for the first time since 2004, ALL OF JOE'S BLOOD COUNTS ARE NORMAL!!!!

What an Easter Blessing!!!!

God Bless you, Joe... keep up the good fight, and you and Sandy will be in many Bills fans thoughts and prayers over this Easter holiday.

I just received an incredible email from Joe and Sandy Ferguson. As most of you know, Joe has been fighting cancer for five years now and has gone through EXTENSIVE treatment over the last few years.

I'm honored, happy, overjoyed, and overwhelmed to announce that for the first time since 2004, ALL OF JOE'S BLOOD COUNTS ARE NORMAL!!!!

God Bless you, Joe... keep up the good fight, and you and Sandy will be in many Bills fans thoughts and prayers over this Easter holiday.

Wow. That is incredible news! Good for you and your family Joe!

Thanks for the update wyo.

Unlike Fergy and his family, I'm not really the religious type. But that doesn't mitigate my joy and happiness at the great news. Fergy has always been a class act and a fighter. I met him once when he was with the Bills and he was a super down to earth guy, unassuming and modest.

All the best always to Joe and family.

Tell him all of his fans are thrilled at the news!! Thanks

God bless you, Joe. May the good news continue for many years.

Guest dog14787
Um...

Joe Ferguson was the Bills starting QB from 1973-1984.

http://www.nfl.com/players/joeferguson/profile?id=FER184572

The game that stands out the most in my mind was Fergi's gutsy, one legged performance against the Chargers in the playoffs in 1980. We lost the game, but you couldn't help but be proud of our QB that day.

Great news to hear, God Bless you Joe, we love ya man.

dont know who they are but this is truly great news

Next time you watch a Bills game, check the names on the Wall of Fame. You'll find Ferguson there.

May God keep you strong Joe! It doesn't surprise me that Joe is battling the way he is. I remember when he played against San Diego with a busted up ankle in the play-offs. There's no quit in the guy.

God Bless ya Joe....KEEP FIGHTING

If Fergie would have been healthy in that playoff game back in 80...we would have won they were playing against Dan Fouts and Air Correll, game was good until the 4th quarter

I'm am still mad that he was hurt but he showed lots of guts just by playing

Great news!!!

Thanks, everyone. I'm passing along links to the posts, so I hope they get to see all of these as well. Please keep your well wishes coming.

Who could EVER forget that Charger game? It was ASTOUNDING watching him play. He may not have ever won a ring, but as far as I'm concerned Joe Ferguson represented the Buffalo Bills in a way like no other.

Quite different than the more flamboyant other #12 who captured our hearts, but both these guys deserve their VERY special place in Buffalo Bills history. And we saw what a fighter Jimbo's son was for all those years.

Keep that #12 mojo going. It's an exclusive club, since only TWO starting Buffalo Bills QBs will have ever worn that number.

Terrific news, thank you for posting it.

"Joe Ferguson gave one of the most gritty performances in Bills history. In their first playoff game since 1974, against the explosive San Diego Chargers, Fergy had the Bills leading for almost the entire game. With 2:08 remaining, Dan Fouts hit little used Ron Smith with a 50 yard TD strike that broke the hearts of Bills fans everywhere. Limping to the line of scrimmage, Fergy tried desperately with time running out, as he hit Frank Lewis with an 18 yard pass bringing the Bills to their 48 yard line. On the next pass he tried to hit Jerry Butler with a bomb but his left ankle was now so painful that as he tried to step into his throw, the ball sailed high and was intercepted ... Ferguson was literally dragging his leg along the whole game. Unable to move effectively .... it was later learned that Ferguson was playing on a fractured ankle."

Guts and determination. Classic Fergy.

One of my all time prized possessions was an autographed football from Fergie that I recieved for xmas in 1981. That football beat out the pair of white nikes with red swoosh and all other gift that year hands down. I had that fottball for many years and I remember pretending I was Joe with the busted ankle in the back yard scambling and throwing the ball down field.

Many good memories of Joe. Glad to hear the good news.

Joe if you read this...you were and always be the man. Keep your chin up.

Eric in VA

Great to hear! I hope Joe lives a long and healthy life.

God bless....

GREAT GREAT GREATNEWS!!!! VERY HAPPY TO HEAR JOE IS DOING WELL GOD BLESS TO HIM AND HIS FAMILY :rolleyes:

I'm honored, happy, overjoy