T.O. to the Bills

stang21

Pat Kirwan of Sirius radio broke this down to where it was just a million or two. Take it for what's worth.

Thanks. I got the info while listening to the John Thompson radio show here in D.C. Thompson's co-host said it was 9 mil. I'd be interested in how Kirwan broke it down since the remaining balance of his bonus would be accelerated into this season.

Even still, what does it say that the Pukes were willing to take even a 1-2mil cap hit to get rid of this supposedly great game-changing receiver?

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I got the info while listening to the John Thompson radio show here in D.C. Thompson's co-host said it was 9 mil.

Even still, what does it say that the Pukes were willing to take even a 1-2mil cap hit to get rid of this supposedly great game-changing receiver?

GO BILLS!!!

I knew that there was going to be no winning that debate.

I think that Dallas has alot more at stake than we do, from a team and marketing standpoint. I don't believe that we would be risking all that much.

It's probably to the point where Ralph has to go after Owens. You have to give the fans something. Fitzpatrick, Hamgartner, and Florence aren't selling tickets or giving people hope. Draft picks, short of a top rated QB, aren't doing it either. With Owens, you don't have to give up draft picks or even much money since no winning team is taking a chance. The Bills have as many if not more warts than Owens.

I would love to have T.O. on this team. Who wouldn't want a guy of his calibre? At this point I'll take the baggage because maybe he would pump life into this franchise. We are irrelevant right now. You want to take this team to the next level- T.O. does that immediately. I've always admired our pursuit of character, but character hasn't done jack. I'll take Marshawn's troubles and T.O. and a Super Bowl por favor.

February 2010, Dolphin Stadium, Miami, Florida, 10:04 PM. Super Bowl XLIV in the books - Buffalo Bills 31, New York Giants 21.

After a seven-catch, 124 yard, 2 TD performance, Super Bowl MVP Terrell Owens is handed the Vince Lombardi trophy to hoist over his head and proclaims:

"I want to thank our Hall of Fame owner, Ralph Wilson, my teammates and coaches, and Bills fans across the country. This was a true team effort, and now the Bills and the City of Buffalo are champions."

*snaps out of it*

Okay, so that's not likely to happen. But anyone who thinks that T.O. doesn't bring us closer to that reality is without a clue.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter's random survey of wide-receiver needy teams in the NFL revealed "next to no interest" in free agent Terrell Owens.

The most interesting comment came from an executive who compared T.O. to Barry Bonds, saying that no one in the league wants a jerk, so "he could wind up sitting out the same way Barry did." The most positive of all the responses was "I highly doubt it." It's clear that T.O. will not receive immediate interest, but the situation is fluid.

Nobody wants this loser

except losers

Citing league sources, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rams are not interested in free agent Terrell Owens.

The Rams will be in desperate need of a veteran receiver with Torry Holt on his way out, but T.O. is apparently not an option. Mike Florio's "anti-T.O. List" is up to 13 teams and counting.

The anti T.O list keeps growing.

Simple question: why did the Cowboys get rid of him?

Before last season he signed his extension that included a 12mil bonus. He counts 9 MILLION DOLLARS against the Cowboys' cap THIS SEASON. So they didn't cut him for cap reasons.

Why then? Anyone care to guess?

GO BILLS!!!

simple...he's a disruption to the locker room. He's caused problems everywhere he's been. He even went so far as to call his QB a fag in San Fran...(worst part about that is there are people out there stupid enough to believe it and ignore the fact that that same QB is married to a Playboy Playmate of The Year...LOL)

I can understand those that want some more personality to this team but to want to bring in one of the 3 worst scumbags in the NFL into Buffalo suggests a serious lack of common sense. The league as a whole would be better off if TO, McGahee, and Vick never played again.

Charley Casserly was just on a little bit ago and suggests that TO is gonna have to really look into changing if he wants to keep playing because the league is getting tired of his antics.

Guest dog14787
simple...he's a disruption to the locker room. He's caused problems everywhere he's been. He even went so far as to call his QB a fag in San Fran...(worst part about that is there are people out there stupid enough to believe it and ignore the fact that that same QB is married to a Playboy Playmate of The Year...LOL)

I can understand those that want some more personality to this team but to want to bring in one of the 3 worst scumbags in the NFL into Buffalo suggests a serious lack of common sense. The league as a whole would be better off if TO, McGahee, and Vick never played again.

Charley Casserly was just on a little bit ago and suggests that TO is gonna have to really look into changing if he wants to keep playing because the league is getting tired of his antics.

TO, Vick and McGahee, what kind of grouping is that?

Like I said before, we have NFL players now and from in the past that abuse drugs, firearms charges, spousal abuse, hit and runs, players involved in shootings,doing horrible things to animals and maybe even committing murder and some folks think TO is worst then all of them,

You've got to be kidding me :thumbdown:

and when them players miss games because of suspensions or other legal matters, don't you think they are hurting their teams allot more then someone with a big Ego, but does go out there on game day and score TD's?

don't be surprised he end up in New England. T O over his career has shown himself to excel in first year with new team, New England could handle him just fine.....

Let's be frank my friends. What do the Bills have to lose by signing T.O.? Would he "ruin" the team? I would suggest that there is nothing to ruin. The team went 7-9. The lost to every division rival. They got killed by New England w/o Brady!

They will be lucky to match those wins next year given the strength of the division. Of the two most talented players they have - one is a selfish mercenary and the other is a juvinile delinquent. Could they be worse with TO?

At least he is not a street thug or gangster wanna be.

This is a business -SHOW BUSINESS.. How many tickets will TO sell here?

how many TO Buffalo Bills Jerseys will he sell?

How many Toronto fans will make the trip to see the Bills and TO?

I agree with this

TO could ruin a team. He could ruin the Giants He could ruin the Dolphins He could ruin the Eagles. The Bills?

NOT!

I will say one more thing The Bills could be the best thing for TO. He would could flourish. If they win everyone will say it's him. He could be bigger than he has ever been. Sure he would wear out his welcome in one or two years but by that time his career will be over and he could walk into the hall of fame.

I don't care. I would love to have TO on the Bills. The difference between TO and other azzholes of his ilk is that TO tries his ass off on the field, on pretty much every play. He would have a huge effect on the offense, generate interest and ticket sales, show a little fire on the sidelines. Sure he's an idiot, but you're an idiot if you listen to him and take him seriously.

Hey Ralph. Sign TO, trade for Tony Shefler, and that would help your defense and pass rush more than any rookie or FA available would. It would pay for itself in ticket sales and concessions and energy about the Bills.

Then, if it blows up, we have a perfect reason to cut him next year along with Jauron.

Guest dog14787
What is not to consider? This would be probably our best marketing ploy EVER for us. What would be losing or risking??? We have everything to gain.

I see allot of support for TO here on TBD, maybe it's partly because Bills fans have forgiving hearts, and partly because we are real desperate, but from a marketing standpoint you are right, we couldn't go wrong. :thumbdown:

I'll bet if TO came to Buffalo, the game in Toronto next season sells out instantly and that's something Ralph Wilson should consider.