Now that Coles is gone...

Finally, the Coles saga is done...so now what? The Bills clearly seemed interested in bringing in another WR, so what's left out there in FA or trade?

The only FA WR I see as a viable candidate, and more of a stop gap until our young guys can take over, is Marvin Harrison, but I would bet he likely plays in his home town Philly next year if he plays at all.

Outside of that, I think the only other WR's I can see as potentially available are via trade...

AZ (Boldin) - I find it interesting that even though Warner offered a $1 million dollar per year discount if they agreed to rework Boldin's deal, AZ didnt take it. So, my guess is that this still ends in Boldin being traded...

Rams (Holt) - Supossedly he is available and I think we could get him at a reasonable price...

Cle (Braylon) - He is also supposedly available, but he may commmand a lot in return and has a tendency to drop passes.

I think Holt is the more likely scenario, but I would love either of those 3. Outside of them or Harrison though, I don't see anyone else worth bringing in...

Finally, the Coles saga is done...so now what? The Bills clearly seemed interested in bringing in another WR, so what's left out there in FA or trade?

The only FA WR I see as a viable candidate, and more of a stop gap until our young guys can take over, is Marvin Harrison, but I would bet he likely plays in his home town Philly next year if he plays at all.

Outside of that, I think the only other WR's I can see as potentially available are via trade...

AZ (Boldin) - I find it interesting that even though Warner offered a $1 million dollar per year discount if they agreed to rework Boldin's deal, AZ didnt take it. So, my guess is that this still ends in Boldin being traded...

Rams (Holt) - Supossedly he is available and I think we could get him at a reasonable price...

Cle (Braylon) - He is also supposedly available, but he may commmand a lot in return and has a tendency to drop passes.

I think Holt is the more likely scenario, but I would love either of those 3. Outside of them or Harrison though, I don't see anyone else worth bringing in...

toomer is a possibility

We need a #2 that can stretch the field. Coles was that guy, but Holt c/b too. The other guys , like Toomer, are just Josh Reed 2.0. Possesion types. No rookie will fill this position (b/c our #1draftee will be an LDE), we need a vet w/ speed, IMO.

Boldin, love the idea of him but don't need someone who is a bigger drama queen and distraction than Peters

Holt, old and cant play outside

Edwards, lead the league in drops last year i believe. saw him play a couple of times and it was horrible. no thanks.

and im not here just to crap on your suggestions. those are just my honest opinions of the guys listed. i guess out of the three Id like to have Boldin the most. IF we can keep him "happy".

Yeah, that's what I am hoping for...TE is definitely a bigger need than WR.

Actually, we need both.

Our passing game was absolutely stagnant with the WR's we have on our roster right now and that was with a healthy James Hardy. He's going to be coming off a messed up knee.

I think there's still some WR's on the market that would be an upgrade:

Marvin Harrison - Older, but still has some game in him and will most likely play with something to prove.

Jerry Porter - The same age as Coles. Would be a solid #2.

Reggie Williams - Same age as Lee, would be a great compliment.

Amani Toomer - Older and arguably has more game in him than Marvin.

If we can swing a deal for Scheffler, we can probably get by with what we have out WR. But since we're most likely drafting a TE (that could boom or bust), we'll need another weapon.

Boldin, love the idea of him but don't need someone who is a bigger drama queen and distraction than Peters

Edwards, lead the league in drops last year i believe. saw him play a couple of times and it was horrible. no thanks.

and im not here just to crap on your suggestions. those are just my honest opinions of the guys listed. i guess out of the three Id like to have Boldin the most. IF we can keep him "happy".

Its cool...I just listed who looks to be the best of who's available.

In regards to your analysis...Boldin is notthing like what Peters was last year. Boldin played his tail off, had a great season, and even palyed against doctors orders with screws in his face. The guy is a warrior. His sideline outburst was because he felt he should be on the field for the most important drive in Cardinals history, and I agree...

Holt I think has more left in the tank than you are giving him credit for, and besides, we have our deep threat already in Lee.

Braylon does drop a lot of passes, but he's still a top WR with lots of upside IMO.

If I had my choice, it would be Boldin, but would love any of the 3. Although, I still think a recieving threat at TE is a bigger need, getting someone like these guys would be huge. In fact, I dont think we could make a bigger impact on our team than getting Boldin...

we blew the Coles deal. Now go get Holt/Toomer sign Tank to help out Stroud.

Yeah, that's what I am hoping for...TE is definitely a bigger need than WR.

If the Bills don't get a legitimate WR to take the heat off Evans, they had better get one helluva TE because he will be the open guy, not Evans. Evans is going to get real tired, real fast, of running 6-8 yard slants and getting his ass handed to him. I would expect him to demand a trade at the end of next season if that's how it plays out.

I don't think Boldin is the drama queen that he's made out to be. On the field he's everything that you can ask for... tough, gets YAC, etc. That said... that's a price tag that we'll never be able meet.

Edwards - He might be a Buy Low, Sell High situation now. He's much better than he played last season. I'm not sure what they're asking for him.. but you're not likely to find his kind of talent in the 4th round or later in the draft.

Toomer and or Harrison - Depending on the price tag, they're nothing more than a one year bridge to Hardy and Jackson becoming the number 2.

Reggie Williams - Just got arrested for DWI and pot, if I'm not mistaken.

Demetrius Williams - I've seen him play a couple times, and I really like him. The problem is that he's always injurred.

Boldin is a great team player. He should not be judged on his outburst alone, IMO. The Cardinals have handled his contract poorly and it could cost them. He would immediately be the best player on the Bills. It's not going to happen though. Holt is getting up in age and is coming off a subpar season. With that being said the guy has been ultra productive his entire career and probably still has something left. The Rams offense didn't do him any favors last year. Braylon Edwards has all world talent and can dominate at times. He has always had his fair share of drops but when he's on track he is one of the best. I would take him in a heartbeat.

I know everyone WANTS defense in the 1st round, but don't be surprised if we select Jeremy Maclin or trade down and select Harvin or Heyward-Bey. Anything is possible. Ask Donte Whitner.

like the idea of trading down, picking up 1 of those 2 WRs (DHB ran 4.3) and maybe a 2nd round pick. Turn that pick into a lineman like jarron gilbert or max unger or sack guy clint sintim. Use the other rd 2 to get TE, maybe coffman (or trade for scheffler). Build the offense, we need weapons, not popguns.

Add me to the trade-down proponents.

I'd like to see offensive firepower then addressed with a 1st or 2nd round TE (the greater need, IMHO), and a 4th-6th round WR (Brandon Tate, Austin Collie, Brandon Gibson, Patrick Turner, Quan Cosby, Kenny McKinley).

If the Bills don't get a legitimate WR to take the heat off Evans, they had better get one helluva TE because he will be the open guy, not Evans. Evans is going to get real tired, real fast, of running 6-8 yard slants and getting his ass handed to him. I would expect him to demand a trade at the end of next season if that's how it plays out.

Agreed. That TE would be Jared Cook from South Carolina, not Pettigrew (under your scenario). He is a very fast receiver with good hands and would help in the passing game as he could be very tough to guard because of his speed .

While they're at it, the Bills should trade for Larry Fitzgerald, sign Ray Lewis and convince Bruce effing Smith to come out of retirement.

It's not happening!! None of it is!!! Josh Reed, Steve Johnson and James Hardy will be our Nos. 2, 3 and 4 next year because of that cheap owner and apathetic "GM."

If we go through FA, the only player I'd have in interest in would be Torry Holt.

Boldin would cost too much, contract and draft picks. I'd love to have him, but I'd hate to overpay on both of these fronts to get him.

I'd explore the Braylon Edwards trade. They seem to want to shop him, and usually the team seeking the trade get's the short end of the stick.

Why would the Bills spend a lot of money on a #2 WR? Edwards is a ball control QB. He needs a legit threat at TE and an excellent run game. Somehow, the Bills need to land a Tight End through a trade. Then I'd target Offensive Line in the 1st round of the draft (would love Andre Smith if he can get his head together).

Holt played on a team with no QB last year as the feature WR. If he came here he'd have an an all pro partner in Evans and a respectable QB to boot. You could not in a million years double cover Lee Evans and single cover Tory Holt if he played for the Bills. He's young enough to be better then Harrison and he's simply better than Edwards. You're basing one season, in which the Rams were horrendous at QB, on his viability. If he's not a threat anymore then Lee Evans should have retired after the 2007-08 season when his stats tanked because of QB play and no other receiving threat on the team.

WR is definitly a need, along with TE, unless the league changes the rules so that Sacks and QB pressure count for 7.

A Rookie WR is not the answer, they need someone proven to takethe heat off Evans, a Stud Rookie TE wouldbe fine to compete with Fine and Schoumon.

The problem is stud TE/WR are rare as rookies and that's why think it's important that we do add a veteran to the mix. For the sole reason to see if they can be an improvement to Roscoe Parrish/James Hardy/Steve Johnson/Justin Jenkins. I truely believe that guys like Porter, Hackett, Drew Bennett offer up some size that could compliment our current WRs especiall in the redzone. As while not ready to give up on Hardy yet but think he still has to find himself and that might not happen until 2010 so if really trying to play for 2009 then suggest we bring any of the aforementioned. Another name that's interesting is Ronald Curry who admittedly had a disaster year in 2008 but did show to be good in 2006/2007. In terms of TEs, I would love to get a veteran and Tony Scheffler looks good but what Denver's asking for would ultimately decide if go after him. I think a Round 3 pick is fair value.

I know everyone WANTS defense in the 1st round, but don't be surprised if we select Jeremy Maclin or trade down and select Harvin or Heyward-Bey. Anything is possible. Ask Donte Whitner.

Don't be surprised if Crabtree falls to that 11 spot. Crazier things have happened. Then we are in a great position to trade down or take Crabtree with the 11.

Are you on drugs? Drama queen? That guy went to training camp and put his team first the whole season through. When he had a dispute and the team won he left because he didn't want the media circus about him but the team winning.

no visits scheduled, and apparently no interest from any team - will be 35 this season.

git 'er done, russ. :nana:

No NFL Teams interested huh?...That has to put the Bills chances at better than 50% now...

Close to 50%???...

Nevermind... :wallbash:

They need a good #2 receiver, they haven't had one since Peerless Price's first tour here. Marvin Harrison really has nothing left. Torry Holt wants out of St. Louis and they have been shopping him around, but have no takers because of a roster bonus. We need to do what needs to be done to get him in Buffalo. If the off season continues as it is going, the only fans that should still be at the first game of the season are the ones who wake up from a coma the last week in August, and know nothing of this embarrasing, sickening lack of effort from the FO and Ownership since the season ended.

Actually, we need both.

Our passing game was absolutely stagnant with the WR's we have on our roster right now and that was with a healthy James Hardy. He's going to be coming off a messed up knee.

I think there's still some WR's on the market that would be an upgrade:

Marvin Harrison - Older, but still has some game in him and will most likely play with something to prove.

Jerry Porter - The same age as Coles. Would be a solid #2.

Reggie Williams - Same age as Lee, would be a great compliment.

Amani Toomer - Older and arguably has more game in him than Marvin.

If we can swing a deal for Scheffler, we can probably get by with what we have out WR. But since we're most likely drafting a TE (that could boom or bust), we'll need another weapon.

Jerry Porter may be a option...

Don't be surprised if Crabtree falls to that 11 spot. Crazier things have happened. Then we are in a great position to trade down or take Crabtree with the 11.

don't be surprised if he falls to us....and we pass on him.

Imagine that!! LOL

I wouldnt be opposed to trading up to get him. We would be INSTANTLY better offensively.

By now we should all know our FO has their own value board, when you say trade down, hell they may have these guys in their top 10. REM: D. Whitner