That Hit On McGahee Was SICK.....

sven233

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you be so cold regarding a players health? This is a final season game and it is not like he is in our division and this is mid-season and we need a break to catch up and even then: the game isn't that serious;what an A-hole you are!

You wouldn't think it, but I can tell a lot about you from that post.

I almost feel bad for you, but then again you seem like the person who agrees with being taxed higher on pepsi than diet pepsi, and frankly I can't look past that.

Your right no body deserves it, but as they say Karma is a B___, He could still be a buffalo bill but his mouth ran him self out. So in a slight bit I feel bad, but same goes for Tom Brady, I feel bad but nothing we can do.

yeah..If he was still on the Bills he would be relaxing at home or playing golf in Thailand or something. Don't have to mess with playoffs when your on the Bills and you don't have to worry about nasty hits like that in the post season.

yeah..If he was still on the Bills he would be relaxing at home or playing golf in Thailand or something. Don't have to mess with playoffs when your on the Bills and you don't have to worry about nasty hits like that in the post season.

Hell...if he were still on the Bills we wouldn't even have been 7-9

your head is on top of your body so technically, its impossible to NOT lead with your head.

as Simms put it, there is no helmet-to-helmet on two guys running at each other in the open field, each trying to get lower than the other.

It's ironic that the most important safety device, the helmet can be so distructive. I think helmet to helmet hits should be illegal.

Players neet to be taught to never lower their heads on defense or on offense. The onus should be on the defensive player to aviod helmet to helmet contact. Also Running backs and pass receivers should not be allowed to use the crown of the helmet as a weapon. There were several plays Sunday were the offensive player lowered his helmet just before impact placing his neck and spine in a direct line. Those plays need to be flagged.

I almost feel bad for you, but then again you seem like the person who agrees with being taxed higher on pepsi than diet pepsi, and frankly I can't look past that.

I KNOW I can tell a lot about you about all of your posts in this chain; go back to my original post and figure it out!

Well I'm happy to see the ravens being knocked out, because of Willis McGahee, but that hit he took was pretty vicious. Ouch! I have a slight feeling of feeling bad, but at the same time the @$$ whole deserved to get knocked up.

No man, no matter how much of a tool, EVER deserves to be knocked up.

The Polamalu pick return?

I found it irritating that every time they showed the replay, Nantz was gushing about Ed Reed. In the biggest game of the year, I saw a lot of Polamalu today and no Ed Reed.

Nantz even gushed about the singing of the National Anthem. Why can't they pick singers that will just sing it the way it was intended?

There are certainly worse announcers than Nantz but I get a little tired of him.

I'm guessing that anyone who thinks that the hit was intentional helmet to helmet has never played football with pads on. It's obvious that he bows his shoulder for impact while bracing his neck. Doing that put him on a collision coarse with where Willis' head was, if he lowers or raises his head at any different angle he's risking a neck injury. The hit was clean, this is football people it's supposed to be violent...

That was really ugly. Head and knee bent back. As much as I think the he is a punk--I am praying for his health right now.

I agree. I don't like McGahee, but I didn't like seeing him hurt like that. That was a vicious hit he took. I hope he will be ok and will be able to continue to play football.

Between 50-55 seconds, it is clear whether it was helmet to helmet:

Check out between 50-55 seconds into video

You're right. After reviewing that it did end up helmet to helmet but I don't believe it was intentional.

WTF does that have to do with someone who's sick enough to be indifferent about a person being frighteningly injured. Dude, humanity is more important than entertainment. McGahee is a jerk but not so much he deserves that. You need to do some serious soul searching.

I KNOW I can tell a lot about you about all of your posts in this chain; go back to my original post and figure it out!

:wallbash:

He can reread it a million times and I don't think it will sink in. It's a character flaw that can't be reconciled with reading.

I'm guessing that anyone who thinks that the hit was intentional helmet to helmet has never played football with pads on. It's obvious that he bows his shoulder for impact while bracing his neck. Doing that put him on a collision coarse with where Willis' head was, if he lowers or raises his head at any different angle he's risking a neck injury. The hit was clean, this is football people it's supposed to be violent...

I agree it wasn't intentional. Clark was really upset on the sidelines. It reminded me of how bad Dominic Hixon felt about the KE hit.

This says it all. He chose to hit Willis' head. And yes, I played football. He wasn't trying to tackle him. His arms were at his side. And I know that just hitting someone has become an accepted way of bringing them down. But he didn't choose go after the legs or the waist, he chose to go directly at the head. Watch the video again, 50 secs in. He leads with his head and his head hits first. And I know many keep saying that his shoulder hit first, but watch the video, that's just not true.

Link

McGahee, who missed most of training camp after knee surgery and had a slow start to the regular season, was resting at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital last night with movement in all his limbs and was "neurologically intact," a team spokesman said. McGahee was taken off on a stretcher with 3:29 remaining in his team's 23-14 AFC championship loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field. Team doctor Leigh Ann Curl was staying in Pittsburgh with McGahee.

He didn't lead with his shoulder no matter what anyone says. The reverse angle showed it clearly. He led with his head. His head made first contact with MacGahee's head. His arms were at his side. His only intention was to hit him with his head as hard as he could.

Agreed. I cried. Reminded me of Kevin. Get well soon, Willis!

This says it all. He chose to hit Willis' head. And yes, I played football. He wasn't trying to tackle him. His arms were at his side. And I know that just hitting someone has become an accepted way of bringing them down. But he didn't choose go after the legs or the waist, he chose to go directly at the head. Watch the video again, 50 secs in. He leads with his head and his head hits first. And I know many keep saying that his shoulder hit first, but watch the video, that's just not true.

I just watched the hit again and the defender was definetly leading with his shoulder, matter of fact if Willis didnt lower his head he probably would have been hit in the chest. I know people arent going to agree here on if the hit was intentional or not however it will be confirmed as unintentional by the NFL as no fine will be issued, I would bet on it.

I just watched the hit again and the defender was definetly leading with his shoulder, matter of fact if Willis didnt lower his head he probably would have been hit in the chest. I know people arent going to agree here on if the hit was intentional or not however it will be confirmed as unintentional by the NFL as no fine will be issued, I would bet on it.

So...it's Willis' fault :wallbash:

I'm done with this.

So...it's Willis' fault :wallbash:

I'm done with this.

No not his fault an unfortunate situation but if you watch the replay thats definetly what happens I'm sure Willis didnt mean to lower his head it was instinct to try to get lower. Watch it again this is how I see it, oh sorry I forgot your done, so sensitive.

gotta agree - it just doesn't look like clark was putting his head down and 'lining up' willis. looks more like he was leading with his shoulder and then, unfortunately, willis and clark both put there heads down at the same instant.

a freak accident, a result of uncanny timing, but highly doubt clark intended a helmet to helmet hit.

Dead on

The hit would have been in Willis's chest of he didn't lower his head way down at the last second. Definitely no fine.

No. He led w/ his helmet. He should be fined, suspended, and then traded to the Bills along w/ Polamalu, Hampton, Harrison, Woodley, Smith, Keisel, Roethlisberger, Tomlin, Colbert, and the Rooney family.

Jauron & Fewell would neuter guys like Hampton, Smith, Keisel, Harrison & Woodley with the Tampa Cover Blew, er, Two

No. He led w/ his helmet. He should be fined, suspended, and then traded to the Bills along w/ Polamalu, Hampton, Harrison, Woodley, Smith, Keisel, Roethlisberger, Tomlin, Colbert, and the Rooney family.

Being traded to the Bills seems like fair punishment.

Jauron & Fewell would neuter guys like Hampton, Smith, Keisel, Harrison & Woodley with the Tampa Cover Blew, er, Two

Well, considering I said....

...I guess we can draw our own conclusions on Jauron's job status.

What's that? The Bills inner circle of geniuses, led by Russ Brandon and Hall of Famer to be Ralph Wilson, won't have that, you say? Again, considering I said...

...I don't think they're going to be much of a concern, either.

Well, considering I said....

...I guess we can draw our own conclusions on Jauron's job status.

What's that? The Bills inner circle of geniuses, led by Russ Brandon and Hall of Famer to be Ralph Wilson, won't have that, you say? Again, considering I said...

...I don't think they're going to be much of a concern, either.

I know...I take a shot at the Tampa Cover Blew whenver I can, though.

does everybody/anybody realize that even in perfect form tackling, there is still a large chance that helmet-to-helmet collisions like this one will occur??

what do some of you expect? for every defender to try to do that Kurt Schulz flying elbow/shoulder BS?

when you tackle you lead with your face, slide it to a side and wrap with your arms. how do you think you get to the point where you can wrap a player, chest-to-body, if your helmet doesnt go in first? your head IS on top of your body, right?

Link

McGahee, who missed most of training camp after knee surgery and had a slow start to the regular season, was resting at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital last night with movement in all his limbs and was "neurologically intact," a team spokesman said. McGahee was taken off on a stretcher with 3:29 remaining in his team's 23-14 AFC championship loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field. Team doctor Leigh Ann Curl was staying in Pittsburgh with McGahee.

As I read the neurologically intact part -- I couldn't help but think of the old joke--the guy has a broken hand and asks the doc, doc will I be able to play the piano when my hand heals, and the doc says sure, the guy says great I could never play the piano before.

The hit made Willis neurologically intact....wooo hoooo

Glad he is okay...or at least intact...