That Hit On McGahee Was SICK.....

sven233

does everybody/anybody realize that even in perfect form tackling, there is still a large chance that helmet-to-helmet collisions like this one will occur??

what do some of you expect? for every defender to try to do that Kurt Schulz flying elbow/shoulder BS?

when you tackle you lead with your face, slide it to a side and wrap with your arms. how do you think you get to the point where you can wrap a player, chest-to-body, if your helmet doesnt go in first? your head IS on top of your body, right?

As a former rugby player, I just want to tell you that almost no one in the NFL ever performs a real form tackle. And yes, to answer your question, a real form tackle in no way involves leading with your head. I can confirm this, since in rugby, leading with your head = a broken neck.

In any case, Clark made no attempt to wrap, and used his helmet as a weapon. That's illegal by NFL rules.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former rugby player, I just want to tell you that almost no one in the NFL ever performs a real form tackle. And yes, to answer your question, a real form tackle in no way involves leading with your head. I can confirm this, since in rugby, leading with your head = a broken neck.

In any case, Clark made no attempt to wrap, and used his helmet as a weapon. That's illegal by NFL rules.

It was a sick hit. I did not SEE it but was keeping up on the radio. Those guys were really emotional and painted a dark picture until he began to move his hands and some of his feet. It was great to hear that he was released by 2:00 EST.!!!