In your opinion, who is the best player on the team ?

I know this is pretty general..but who is the first player that comes to mind ?

I'd say Fred Jackson.

Brian Moorman is always the first that comes to mind.

My brother always jokes, "Yeah, Moorman can do it all! He can run, he can throw, and he can kick."

Hmm maybe Lynch though.

Jason Peters, and it isn't close imo.

HAHA...Bill, you are consistent.

Peters..athletically hmmm..maybe..but as a total package he is far from the top. IMHO.

Side note, I think they should sign Peters to a new deal now and get it over with..no need for another long

offseason of weirdness and distraction.

Too many people on Jason Peters Bashing bandwagon. He's our best football player, and I would be willing to bet that the majority of the opposing football players in the NFL feel the same way. Mcgee, Schobel when he's healthy, Marshawn Lee Evans, Poz, Mitchell, Trent Edwards and Stroud are up there.

Hmmm.... That's a really tough question.

I can tell you who it isn't... :unsure: Maybe if I listed them all out to see who it wasn't that would make it easier... :P

I really like Fred Jackson, but I think some of why he was so good at the end of the season was his fresh legs. In the PS and his early season reps, he wasn't pushing Lynch out of the lineup.

I really like Marshawn a lot. I don't know much about his injury, but that had to be a factor in his late season letdown.

I like the promise of Lee Evans - he doesn't have a supporting cast though (QB can't throw the bomb consistently and he doesn't have a solid TE/#2 to draw away attention).

Jason Peters seems to be a head case. I'm not saying he's a bad Tackle... just that a player who hurts his team by not showing up for selfish reasons isn't it's greatest player.

On Defense...

I don't really think we have a "great" player... We have some good young talent who is only going to get better... but no one strikes fear into the heart of opposing offenses.

On Special Teams...

This is still our best unit imho. Moorman seems to have regressed, when is the last time we heard a striving for a 40 yard net without a chuckle...

Lindell is a decent kicker. Yeah he's missed a few kicks, but he really is pretty solid.

The return game is the source of our greatest player imho.

Leodis McKelvin is a force. When he gets more opportunities, I think he'll prove really special. He's improving on Defense... but he's not the "greatest" CB.

So, I'm going with Leodis McKelvin.

I think you have to go by position......Cause if you say whos the best player on the team and by saying Jason Peters, that says he's better then Lee Evans is at catching footballs.......I mean, you have to go by position.....

QB - PUSH

RB - PUSH

WR- Evans

OL - Peters

DL - Stroud

LB's - PUSH

CB's - McGee

Special Teams is easy - Moorman

It depends on what you mean by "best". If you mean MVP, then it's Trent Edwards. Just look at the games that he missed. Our office absolutely went into the tank. The same can't be said when Peters or Lynch were missing and Evans can't do anything without a QB. If you mean the best at his position compared to other players in the league, then I say Moorman.

Most talented player at his position Peters

Best value for the money Fred Jackson

Most valuable player - this is hard- I was trying to think which player being absent would hurt this team most- I'd hate to see the defense without Stroud or the offense without Evans.

HAHA...Bill, you are consistent.

Peters..athletically hmmm..maybe..but as a total package he is far from the top. IMHO.

Teehee, that's funny.

You knock somebody's choice who happens to be considered at the top of his position by many(thus making it a reasonable selection for best player on the team).......and your own choice is the backup RB.

It depends on what you mean by "best". If you mean MVP, then it's Trent Edwards. Just look at the games that he missed. Our office absolutely went into the tank. The same can't be said when Peters or Lynch were missing and Evans can't do anything without a QB. If you mean the best at his position compared to other players in the league, then I say Moorman.

good point...but QBs are often the MVPs --with rare exceptions

Most talented player at his position Peters

Best value for the money Fred Jackson

Most valuable player - this is hard- I was trying to think which player being absent would hurt this team most- I'd hate to see the defense without Stroud or the offense without Evans.

why was Jackson running off with the ball at the end of the first half against NE???

should an IQ test be involved in this decision?

Teehee, that's funny.

You knock somebody's choice who happens to be considered at the top of his position by many(thus making it a reasonable selection for best player on the team).......and your own choice is the backup RB.

I wasn't knocking his choice..just commenting on his consistent nature (Bill From NYC).

And, yes..my choice is the back up RB.

I take it your defense of Bill's choice is your opinion of the best player on the team...(Peters)

Well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

why was Jackson running off with the ball at the end of the first half against NE???

should an IQ test be involved in this decision?

If you hadn't noticed the officials had a "kicking ball" already placed by the time Jackson was running off with the football. The play was explained on NFL network by the VP of officiating...so it really didn't matter that Head ran off with the ball.