Replacing Roscoe

K-Gun10

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 3:29 PM ET | Link

REPLACING PARRISH: While Dick Jauron said he anticipates James Hardy having a greater role in the offense with Parrish down for the next 4-6 weeks, I also see Justin Jenkins being a factor as well provided the game plan calls for some spread looks.

If this week's game plan is largely three-wide then Hardy will likely be lining up more than Jenkins on the outside. In four-wide looks I expect to see Jenkins in the slot with Josh Reed.

I talked to Jenkins in the locker room after practice today and he confirmed for me that he got an awful lot of work in the slot today.

"I got a lot of work in practice today and I'm supposed to tomorrow," said Jenkins. "You never know when it's going to be your turn, but I'm looking forward to it."

---

I do see Oman activated and Steve Johnson still sitting the bench as we will probably use Fred Jackson at Wr and oman the primary Backup RB.

IMO this is the best thing to happen to our Offense since Trent started for an injured Losman.

Roscoe offers us nothing but an average WR that is too small for Trent to find (his own words).

I'm looking forward to Hardy playing more!

Please tell me you are joking. If not, go away!

IMO this is the best thing to happen to our Offense since Trent started for an injured Losman.

Roscoe offers us nothing but an average WR that is too small for Trent to find (his own words).

IMO this post FAILS!

Hey... I respect Roscoe for his return ability, but he is an aweful WR.. and the day that I heard Trent himself say that it is difficult for him to see Roscoe over the mammoth offensive line we have... I started my petition to have him benched in favor of Hardy.

Hardy doesn't have to be great, he just has to be better than Parish... not hard to do in my opinion.

Doesn't make me any less a Bills fan.

Edwards found Parrish just fine on the TD and over the middle on the winning FG drive .... besides, Hardy and Parrish are so different it's a moot point ... they almost play different positions. Parrish is at his best in the slot and Hardy is much better outside.

Oh yeah ... go IUP!! :rolleyes:

Hey... I respect Roscoe for his return ability, but he is an aweful WR.. and the day that I heard Trent himself say that it is difficult for him to see Roscoe over the mammoth offensive line we have... I started my petition to have him benched in favor of Hardy.

Hardy doesn't have to be great, he just has to be better than Parish... not hard to do in my opinion.

Nobody is questioning you being a fan. Have you seen any games this year? If you have you should have seen how important Roscoe is to this team.

Wrong. Roscoe is a great reciver for this team and is a playmaker. He is uncoverable int he slot (whitners words) and now we lost that

Trent might not be able to see him but if they have their timing down it shouldnt matter, That last TD on sunday comes to mind

Guest dog14787
why? Oman can't play ST and we won't let him see the field as a RB. at least johnson is a special teamer.

Not sure about Oman , but having Freddie Jackson play WR for awhile sure sounds interesting.

We need Roscoe. Seems Trent can find him just fine this year. He may not be the go-to guy each week, but he's a dangerous player with the ball in his hands as both a receiver and a punt returner. Fortunately, we do have other talented receivers and other talented returners, so I think the Bills will get by, but to toss him aside as though he was just some sort of 2nd-rate player is just wrong. The guy is a playmakers and playmakers win football games.

Ok, which of the three wise men: Jim, Jack or Jose?

Roscoe is quick and is a great returnman. I like Hardy (especially after that end zone catch) and he should be able to fill in until roscoe is back but I'll be happy when he comes back.

I wouldnt say its the best thing for the offense. It is the best thing for James Hardy who will now see more of a role in the offense. But this does hurt special teams. Now we shall see what McKelvin will bring to the table.

So basically, we will get to see more of our first & 2nd rounder. Just hope Roscoe gets well soon and comes back and makes plays.

He's the best Punt Returner in the league. He WILL be missed.

Leodis or Head may be decent, but they arent roscoe.

I believe Devin Hester is a bit better than Parrish. With the Chargers having Tomlinson banged up, San Diego has opened up the passing game with Rivers and the running game has gained from using Sproles. Similarly, having McKelvin and Hardy return kicks and catch passes respectively, they won't replace Parrish but in the long term I believe the team will have developed two more threats. I like Oman. He has Sproles-like qualities. I still regret the Bills not picking up Chris Chambers. I like the use of FB Darian Barnes during the Raiders game. Spread the ball around. Use short passes to start the games and then throw deep.

Wrong. Roscoe is a great reciver for this team and is a playmaker. He is uncoverable int he slot (whitners words) and now we lost that

Trent might not be able to see him but if they have their timing down it shouldnt matter, That last TD on sunday comes to mind

If roscoe is such a great receiver on this team how come a quality qb is not finding him more? While i agree this probly won't help things for the team at receiver and definitely won't help on special teams, i think too many on here overestimate roscoe as a receiver, if not the coordinator has truly misused him this year!

If roscoe is such a great receiver on this team how come a quality qb is not finding him more? While i agree this probly won't help things for the team at receiver and definitely won't help on special teams, i think too many on here overestimate roscoe as a receiver, if not the coordinator has truly misused him this year!

7 60 8.6 16 1

8.6 yards a catch is pretty damn good

Why are we not finding him? This is a run first team and Roscoe is the 3rd reciver. We throw to our backs alot, there are a number of reasons but he is a playmaker anytime you lose one it does make a big difference

Welker, since everybody is all over his dick averaged 10.5 yards a ctach last year

I don't think this will be a HUGE loss for the offense because the Bills don't really utilize speedsters down the field right now. In other words, TE is throwing shorter, 10-15 yard passes. Now, Parrish can make YACs pretty well, but it's not an essential part of the offense. Hopefully, Hardy, Jenkins, and/or Johnson can step up and there is all the incentive in the world for them to do exactly that. The Bills will find out who can play. The schedule isn't against top defenses, IMO, up until arguably the *'s, by which time Parrish could be back. I just feel that it's not a devastating blow, and may show what the Bills have for other options. They will be somewhat limited, to be sure, but moreso in YAC rather than overall completions. Also, look for Royal to get more in the games now (if he's able) as another short yardage option. I would wager that the Bills will focus more on 5-10 yard passes, more out and comeback routes than stretching the field, which isn't really at the top of their gameplan anyway.

Where can I find your petition?

Edwards found Parrish just fine on the TD and over the middle on the winning FG drive .... besides, Hardy and Parrish are so different it's a moot point ... they almost play different positions. Parrish is at his best in the slot and Hardy is much better outside.

Oh yeah ... go IUP!! :rolleyes:

Great on swing passes as well.

Boo this guy. Seriously? Did you not watch the game last week? Roscoe is a big part of why we won that game. Teams have to gameplan for him and what he can do on ST and offense. When the ball is in his hands he is always a threat to score. There are any of other playmakers on this team and we will be ok until his return but this is not a "blessing" in disguise.

What about Steve Johnson? From everything I read during pre season he looked good. Obviously he's not going to be better then Roscoe but might as well try him out. We got the schedule to do it before we play San Diego.

I think you're right re: the schedule giving Johnson an opportunity, and I do think we'll see him active and in a few plays. I know I'd like to see him out there, I think he can play, and I think the coaching staff thinks they've got something as well, or else why keep 6 WR's on the team.

Guest dog14787

TE is going to warm up quickly to James Hardy's huge frame,

James Hardy was drafted to one day become our #2 WR , I would imagine Josh Reed will then in turn become our #3.

I like Roscoe Parish allot and he will be missed, but theres a good chance if James Hardy plays well enough and adapts fast enough, it will be real hard to push Josh Reed or James Hardy out of the starting lineup when its OK for Parish to return.

Odd man out, Roscoe Parish.

doggonit, I know, you guys will probably jump all over me now for even suggesting such a horrible thing :rolleyes:

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 3:29 PM ET | Link

REPLACING PARRISH: While Dick Jauron said he anticipates James Hardy having a greater role in the offense with Parrish down for the next 4-6 weeks, I also see Justin Jenkins being a factor as well provided the game plan calls for some spread looks.

If this week's game plan is largely three-wide then Hardy will likely be lining up more than Jenkins on the outside. In four-wide looks I expect to see Jenkins in the slot with Josh Reed.

I talked to Jenkins in the locker room after practice today and he confirmed for me that he got an awful lot of work in the slot today.

"I got a lot of work in practice today and I'm supposed to tomorrow," said Jenkins. "You never know when it's going to be your turn, but I'm looking forward to it."

---

I do see Oman activated and Steve Johnson still sitting the bench as we will probably use Fred Jackson at Wr and oman the primary Backup RB.

I'm sorry but I don't trust Omon to be the backup RB right now. Fred needs to be back there to be a calming presence for TE in the passing game when the RB has to help in pass protections. A rookie RB will be destroyed if given the assignment of learning all those protections in 1 week.

I was thinking that we would activate Johnson if we can to replace Roscoe. Both he and Jenkins did surprisingly well in the preseason. It's time for these youngsters to learn this position because isn't Reed's contract almost up anyway---like a year or two away?

The onus is on Hardy to show what he can do. He is so physically imposing he ought to do what Moulds used to do in press coverage---pick up the DB and put him aside. I think route running and footwork is what is keeping James from being used more in the pass game.

Now, Leodis gets to return punts and get more touches. This isn't a bad thing, folks.

What about Steve Johnson? From everything I read during pre season he looked good. Obviously he's not going to be better then Roscoe but might as well try him out. We got the schedule to do it before we play San Diego.

I'll cast my vote for Steve Johnson too. (Not that my vote means anything)

He has good size and seem to catch everything near him in the preseason.

I'd like to see Hardy be everything we want him to, but he only has 2 catches, although one is for a TD, and I know he has at least 2 drops. I'm hoping he'll get sticky fingers when the butterflies go away.

you need a lobotomy. we loose our most explosive player and your happy because its going to give a rookie more playing time. just sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need a lobotomy. we loose our most explosive player and your happy because its going to give a rookie more playing time. just sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TE is going to warm up quickly to James Hardy's huge frame,

James Hardy was drafted to one day become our #2 WR , I would imagine Josh Reed will then in turn become our #3.

I like Roscoe Parish allot and he will be missed, but theres a good chance if James Hardy plays well enough and adapts fast enough, it will be real hard to push Josh Reed or James Hardy out of the starting lineup when its OK for Parish to return.

Odd man out, Roscoe Parish.

doggonit, I know, you guys will probably jump all over me now for even suggesting such a horrible thing :ph34r:

do you even bother to watch any games. "roscoe the odd man out" i dont even know how to respond to that except to say that you are totally clueless!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah ... go IUP!! :ph34r:

Parrish is at his best returning punts. We will miss him greatly there. He is VERY replaceable on offense, where he did catch that TD pass, but making a play once in awhile doesn't mean too much. This Roscoe Parrish worship dumbfounds me....he is nothing like Wes Welker, as they seem to want to claim.

I'll cast my vote for Steve Johnson too. (Not that my vote means anything)

He has good size and seem to catch everything near him in the preseason.

I'd like to see Hardy be everything we want him to, but he only has 2 catches, although one is for a TD, and I know he has at least 2 drops. I'm hoping he'll get sticky fingers when the butterflies go away.

If Hardy has been used sparingly, why the hell would you think steveie johnson would be a better option considering he has never spent a down on the field?? Can I hit you in the shoes with a mop??

Guest dog14787
do you even bother to watch any games. "roscoe the odd man out" i dont even know how to respond to that except to say that you are totally clueless!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Oak tree, its the nature of the business in a what have you done for me lately league. I'm not saying Roscoe Parish is not valuable to the team because he is, all I'm saying is if James Hardy plays well, he may stay in the starting line up as our #3.

Also, Evans, Hardy and Reed will probably one day end up being our 1,2,and 3, in that order, thats all I'm saying.

Now, because of the injury, it may happen sooner, rather than later.