James Hardy

"'Tis better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it..."

"Chance favors the prepared man"

"Be prepared"

"Keep your powder dry"

"Pass the mother!@#$ing potato salad before I put a sphincter in your forehead".

Ha ha. Touche. I think.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, a guy pulls a gun on his father, who just so happened to be in prison for 9-years, we have no idea what the situation of this encounter was, and he needs help.

Dr. Phil wants to thank Bill for driving his profession's revenue with snap judgements based on media reports.

Alaska's laws are pretty much identical to Vermont's. I guarantee there'd be CCW's at family gatherings here...

I wonder what Hardy carries. I think most CCW permit holders have reliable, well-made handguns in contrast to the un-permitted punk crowd that tote junk pieces from Raven, Hi-Point and the like.

We've had an unusually calm week so far in CIN - no shootings as yet.

It would seem so, yes.

Maybe he needs to be told to cut ties. Maybe he needs to be reminded not to kick his baby momma's ass any more.

The kid probably had a very tough life. Needing help is not something to be ashamed of, is it?

So, in other words, we have no idea what happened or what help he needs, if any.

Here's what I see.

It's Mother's day for a kid who really grew up without parents. This could be more of an emotional day for some than others.

The incident involved his father, a guy who served 9 YEARS IN PRISON.

No one was injured, especially his father which indicates to me that the display of a firearm might have been used more as a deterent than for anything else.

Hardy is going to give a bunch of us gray hairs before his career concludes in Buffalo.

Hopefully someone like cousin/surrogate father figure steps in and reasons with Hardy that he needs to be isolated from some of his immediate family members for awhile. Advise him to allow himself to at least get his career started before he derails it and his life beyond unrepairable damage.

I'll wait to hear more of the details before I decide to jump off a bridge.

C'Mon AD. Did I say 1 word about gun ownership rights?

Are you pretty sure that this kid has no issues to sort out, given his past? :flirt:

I'm pretty sure I don't know the kid and I'm pretty sure I don't have any of the facts and I'm pretty sure I've been involved in our justice "system" and not everyone who is convicted of something actually did anything. I also know there ain't too many of us who wouldn't be without a criminal record if we grew up today instead of 2 or more decades ago.

Ergo, I reserve my judgement on this to "who gives a crap?" until a single actual fact is proven.

Or maybe it's his father that needs to be kept away from James? That'd be my bet: That his father is the problem, James was using the gun as a deterrent against escalation of whatever kind, and that his father is hell bent on getting rich off of his son. James probably needs some counseling and bigtime support, but I think it's pretty interesting how so many people here are quick to draw their own conclusions about this.

I'm pretty sure I don't know the kid and I'm pretty sure I don't have any of the facts and I'm pretty sure I've been involved in our justice "system" and not everyone who is convicted of something actually did anything.

Ergo, I reserve my judgement on this to "who gives a crap?" until a single actual fact is proven.

Whoa. Hold on there Polar Bear Boy. Whats wrong with knee jerk reaction discussions on this board. You dont think that happens here all the time? Go back to your cave. :flirt:

I'm pretty sure I don't know the kid and I'm pretty sure I don't have any of the facts and I'm pretty sure I've been involved in our justice "system" and not everyone who is convicted of something actually did anything. I also know there ain't too many of us who wouldn't be without a criminal record if we grew up today instead of 2 or more decades ago.

Aww, come on...it's so more much for fun to play games such as "what if" and "I'll bet" and "I'm pretty sure."

1) maybe he'll end up like Marvin Harrison - HOF - who has what, 26 guns registered?? Dont you think after # 20, the state would be like, 'ok Marvin, honestly, why do you need a 21st gun registered?'

2) WR's are a different breed, and think character (more so than other positions) should play a HUGE role in drafting/siging someone. Until I'm proven wrong (which I hope I am), i still would be much happier with Limas Sweed who was proclaimed the hardest worker and highest character WR of the upper tier.

Great point! the more handguns you have LEGALLY REGISTERED the bigger thug you are. All the people I know who have many LEGAL HANDGUNS including myself have never committed any crimes, but let's group them with criminals because you feel that nobody needs a bunch of LEGAL guns.

Great point! the more handguns you have LEGALLY REGISTERED the bigger thug you are. All the people I know who have many LEGAL HANDGUNS including myself have never committed any crimes, but let's group them with criminals because you feel that nobody needs a bunch of LEGAL guns.

LOL.

I've never understood why people freak out because someone has 'too many' guns. Who cares if he owns 50 legal handguns? How many can he use at once?

Hint: He only has two hands.